China and Mexico pledged on Monday to deepen military ties at a meeting between their top diplomats following last...

China and Mexico pledged on Monday to deepen military ties at a meeting between their top diplomats following last week's threats by U.S. President Donald Trump, who has tested Washington's relationship with both countries.

This is not going to end well.

Is there anybody who didn't see this coming? Putin wants the same for Europe

Don't get why anyone would cultivate friendship with smellhole dictatorship like China.

Because Russia, America and China effectively run the world right now and it's dumb now to be allies with them.

* not

>populism is taking over the world
>tfw the post cold war peace that we've enjoyed is going to be over as demagogues from both the right and left rile populations up against their neighbors

desu two of those three countries are regional powers with no influence outside their immediate vicinity. Only countries with global power projection are USA, Britain, and France.

Why anyone would want to have a friendship with USA now (besides Russia, ofc).

>Only countries with global power projection are Britain, and France.

>China
>no influence outside their immediate vicinity

I could ask the same question about America right now.

In the military sense or diplomatic/political sense? Help me out here.

Russia is probably greater danger. Much closer to us than distant China and also has history of fucking with Europe. I guess if you're Japanese you might worry more about China or something.

Both. A country with only one is doomed to collapse if pushed.
>Russia is probably greater danger. Much closer to us than distant China and also has history of fucking with Europe. I guess if you're Japanese you might worry more about China or something.
Is there a legitimate chance of Russia invading the Balkans? Or is that just a meme.

>no influence outside their immediate vicinity

user, I ...

Mexicans are alright
Pls send some qt3.14s along the way, we will help you outbantz the americans

>A country with only one is doomed to collapse if pushed

Here's the thing though. If you study diplomacy, China and Russia totally lack what's known as "soft power" which means they have no exportable ideology and no exportable popular culture. In short, both countries only have "hard power" which means military strength, although even that's questionable. There simply isn't any competition with the Anglo countries and Western Europe in that sense.

trump is treating the world like trash. threatening and banning other countries. it cant be trusted

>China and Russia totally lack what's known as "soft power"

Bullshit. Russia's been able to influence election through RT and other means and China has major influence and respect in Africa and South America.

Maybe. I heard they're both trying to appeal to more Western audience's tho so who knows in the future.

>meanwhile

>unpopular failing leader is allying with trump

hey chinky

t. Kanye West

Americans don't have the strength to throw punches, only enough to throw food into their mouths

>and France.

what did France influence other than some berber shitholes?

>implying

>Is there a legitimate chance of Russia invading the Balkans?
One can only hope so. We'd finally get to genocide carefree.

This is true, thats why have niggers in their army

You mean ethnic cleansing on your side right?
>implying it'll be by your side if it actually occurs

Arn't people disgruntled with her due to her failed policies

Dis gon b gud ;D

Will the Mexico join BRICS?

> "hard power" which means military strength
That's a retarded definition. Hard power is also economic pressure, and China, being first or second world economy, definitely has a shitton of economic power.

Well, imagine yourself being neighbor to a much bigger and beligerent country, can you imagine what can happen? :^)

If America and China do get in a a huge trade/sanction war will Russia also participate or just watch from the sidelines?

Russia will probably try to balance and get profit from both sides. Like Belarus swinging between Russia and EU.

They will joing Mercosul after ellecting a commie next election.

>Britain, and France
are you kidding me
we have been US buttboys for decades now

only this thats kinda their tradition

Getting a bit scary. Guess it won't be long til it's over at least. RIP USA well uhhh...we tried.

if you get a spanish president things might change

EU should do the same
Iran would be a good target for cooperation too, we just got an airbus deal worth billions with them.

Lemme give example of what soft power vs hard power is. Take imperial Germany just before World War I. Germany had aspiration of becoming superpower and overtaking British supremacy. But they failed. Though Germans had a lot of strength in economic, cultural, and military category, they could not replace Britain or France because most of people saw them as jack booted martinets with pointy spike hats, and authoritarian political system. This image was very hard to overcome.

China has many of same problem, that most of world sees them as ugly dictatorship that detain human rights activists and harvest Falun Gong members kidneys. In terms of economic and cultural strength, they're much weaker than Germany in 1914.

Germany today of course is complete 180 degree turn, they're associated with liberalism and tolerance so much that the entire Middle East and Africa wants to move there.

>Russia
>Run the world

You realise Russia's economy is barely the size of Australia and smaller than Italy right?

yeah, you mean the official language being Spanish and being annexed to Spain.
this comment is sarcasm

China has heaps of soft power, and it's growing substantially. Check its business ties in Africa, Asia, and Australia. It's all economic rather than diplomatic, but it's still there.

Russia has very little economic soft power, but you have to hand it to them that diplomatically they've played their hand perfectly. They've thoroughly outdone the USA in Syria and effectively incapacitated them by promoting the election of a flaccid leader.

>the peace is over

Lol
The peace is over since you started to project power in the middle east.

I like where this is going

>Check its business ties in Africa, Asia, and Australia
All I'll say is that Germany also had a bunch of overseas colonies in 1914...

Our next elections are in July 2018, but a lot can happen this year in here, in the Pacific Alliance and in Mercosur. So who knows.

their developments are far more in depth than the germans desu

>They've thoroughly outdone the USA in Syria and effectively incapacitated them by promoting the election of a flaccid leader
Wait, what leader did the Russians elect in Syria? That whole shitshow is such a mess I have no real clue what's going on there anyway.

Germany also had soft power in 1914. They weren't completely devoid of it, that's inane. They were the second most economically and culturally influential country in the world after Britain.

They lost the war because the Kaiser's delusional and overaggressive foreign policy alienated Britain. If they had been more cautious (e.g by not invading Belgium) towards Britain they could have won the war without even standing up.

>send in some planes
>bomb some sand niggers and make things worse for everyone
>your your RT propaganda machine to claim you literally destroyed ISIS

Never trust a Russki.

I said they did have soft power in 1914. Germany was economic and cultural powerhouse BUT they were associated with authoritarian governments and militarism unlike USA Britain and France which were associated with democratic government.

Obama let Putin and Assad to bomb and massacre Syrian citizens because he was weak, causing the refugee crisis in the process. Trump is literally going to "bomb the shit out of them" (his own words) even more, helping Putin because he is an idiot. I hope Europe is prepared for more refugees.

Ok but what happens now? USA is starting to become a totalitarian shithole, Russia IS a totalitarian shithole, China is China and everyone thinks the EU is Cuckland Land of Negros.

Who will be the main world power? Fucking Straya?

>unlike USA Britain and France which were associated with democratic government.

Apart from, you know, the big one.

>smelly aussie asspained that the world is runned by poor snowniggers

>Ok but what happens now?
realistically nothing

>britain
>power projection

pick one and one only. We saw how good these power projection capabilities are when they stalled in lybia and us has to step in with the logistics.

Power projectionn capabilities

>USA

(Power gap)

>Russia

(Power gap)

>France

(Gap)

>UK

(Gap)

>China (in its neighborhood)
>India (in its neighborhood)
>Doesn't matter