Wanting to learn guitar, is this worth?

I've never played before, and I always wanted to learn. I have a couple questions.

amazon.com/Handed-Beginner-Electric-Guitar-Package/dp/B00GTV4GEU/
Is this worth it? I wanted to start off small, or is it even worth getting something this cheap?
If not, what would you recommend I get for a reasonable price.

What are some good places online to learn besides just basic YouTube tutorials?

look up rocksmith

and see

Rocksmith is horrible for trying to learn guitar

Really? I've been playing for about a week or two and I'm already seeing improvement in my playing.

what style do you want to play in general?

I'm really liking DOOM metal, but metal in general. Obviously I can't play like Marty Friedman off the bat, and I have to work my way up.

They don't teach you the basics in any real way (they have some videos, but they don't help you learn) and the tablature is completely unintuitive for anyone used to reading regular tabs IMO. I played it for the first time only recently and it throws you into things without trying to teach you the basics in terms of picking, fretting, learning chords before throwing them at you (forcing you to just slow down and play over and over in the riff repeater mode if you want to). I think it's useful if you want to learn to play a specific song, but not useful if you're trying to play guitar as an instrument. I also find the way it decides to build to whole songs weird at times.

It's not designed to be fun/gamey and it doesn't have cool songs, but I would honestly say Yousician is way better for beginner learning if someone really wants to learn from an app.

I've been learning from justinguitar.com and it's been really helpful.
Also looking up random songs tabs and trying to figure them out, but not in place of real practice

what is yousician like?

Just get a beginner book like everyone else did 20 years ago.

Internet is only good for gear reviews, you need to learn at your own pace and from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

I do play alot of metal, if you are going for more doom I would recommend something with a humbucker at least. I started out in 2007 playing a dean vendetta, which was around 200$. This is still the main guitar I use over an explorer and a tele.

As far as amps go, don't get a line six, don't throw alot of money at pedals for many years. Something with a decent reverb and delay should be alright.

>don't get a line six
I already made this mistake. How do I fix it with out replacing the amp?

which one did you get

SPIDER IV 15

This OP justinguitar is based

it's free to play for a certain amount of minutes per day (and occasionally throws ads while you're waiting for a song asking if you want to buy the thing for 9.99 a month) - check it out for yourself if you like. It uses the mic on your phone or computer to see if you're hitting the notes, so you don't need a cable or anything to play, but some people have had some issues with the mic picking up on the sound right (I've never had this issue). It will tell you if you're hitting the notes right, as does rockband (though Yousician's interface is completely different and way easier to understand - it's a side to side scrolling tab). There are three paths in the game - lead, rhythm, and knowledge (knowledge being super brief and basic). The lead path is more about fingering and the rhythm path teaches chords. It will teach you lessons in order. You can take a "skill test" to jump to a later lesson if you already are good enough at the earlier lessons. It's worth checking out.

Huh thats the same one I started out with. The cleans are fair, but alot of the distortions are shit. I would recommend for doom to resist going all out on the heavy distortion and stick to a heavier crunch. Before you go crazy with the effects though, play 100% clean for a while to try to really hear your timing of chords and notes to try to get better at enunciation. It might sound bad at first, but if you can play well without distortion and effects, putting them on will only make you sound that much better.

If you could sell it or exchange it, vox makes some very impressive starter amps for the price. Their pathfinders are pretty solid.

>Hey, how are ya, Justin here!

Get a cheap beginner guitar, some youtube videos, and don't look back man. Once you learn an instrument, you have a friend for life.

OP, $100 for an amp, guitar, case, cables, strap, and picks is REALLY cheap

Like, too cheap

Spend a little more money. I'd check out your local craigslist, usually you can find something good for less than it's worth (e.g. I got a $1000 tube amp with nothing wrong with it for $300 on there a few years ago. Not that you have to spend that much on an amp or anything)

When I first started playing, the guy at the guitar center that I bought my first guitar from gave some good advice: get something cheap in case you give up but also get something nice because it'll make you want to play more than something shitty

If you let us know you're budget (don't think you did, just skimmed the thread) it'll be much easier to recommend things to you

your*

Don't worry about it just keep playing. Get a lesson or two in the future but keep those fingers moving.