/lang/ - Language learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

goethe-verlag.com/book2/
easypersian.com/
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAbtX4dnSfoL6qPpRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he has to actively learn language

i hope you guys dont do this

t. speak 5 langauges fluently without learning one

I have no clue what this means but if you meant that you learned them by just talking to others, that is still actively learning it.

How many of them are from the /balkans/?

>tfw to stupid to not master a language without studying it

bump

toki, jan ale o!
.i coi ro do
hej alla
пpивeт вceм

boop

Any one know of a good NEET routine for russian?

I have lots of time but don't know the best way to use it.

Duolingo (on PC, so you can actually see the grammar notes) and Lingvist. Especially the latter has been great for me, but it doesn't teach grammar.

Удaчи!

Learning Spanish and Japanese in school lads, and I want to pick up something to self study. Italian or Portuguese?

Not a big fan of duolingo for Russian, what should be a 15 minute lesson turns into a 30 minute one because i constantly have to flick between english and russian keyboards.

Lingvist is great

>learning 3 languages at once
>3 languages to digest both in and outside of school

Why risk burning yourself out like that

For fun mostly

I will just drop this here:
>mp3 lessons
>goethe-verlag.com/book2/

este enlace va a darme un virus si lo hago clic?

Learning Spanish and and improving English simultaneously. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that Spanish is way better than English in various aspects. Hopefully one day Spanish will replace English as a global tongue.

I am incline to think eventually English will get replaced anyway as most lingua franca tend to do anyway

First generation overseas 廣東話 speaker here. I want to brush up on my 華語/國語/普通話/however you wanna call it but the 北方 resources are throwing me off really badly after starting out with Taiwanese ones. What are the best Taiwanese Mandarin resources out there?

Thinking about learning German. I don't trust them and while most Germans speak English not many Anglophones speak German.

I haven't been able to study my Japanese in like over a year and now I'm starting to notice tangible loss in my ability to understand the language

How do I reverse this

don't be a pussy

What's a good way to learn the Farsi (Arabic+4) alphabet? How long until I should be able to read with [strained effort, minor effort, no real effort but just slow]

You can't

Why is that, or are you memeing me

Practice and use. Any skill not used deteriorates over time.

I was never "fluent" (no one is ever fluent in japanese) but it takes me painfully long to read stuff and it feels very ...foggy now.

I'm not sure if I should start over and re-read my elementary japanese books from scratch, or if there's something else I could do to help restore my lost ability

also you must say "si le doy click", in spanish we say "to give a click" not "to make click"

>Serbian
>Montenegrin
>Croatian
>Bosnian
>"""Serbo-Croatian"""
>different languages

Trying to improve my English, French and Spanish. I am having difficulty learning Ukraininan because I can't find many resources.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

>What language are you learning?
English
>Share language learning experiences!
I watch tv-series in english with english subs
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
Watch tv-series in enlish with english subs
>Find people to train your language with!
Haven't found a single one cuz I'm an ugly acne beta orbiter nolifer

Can someone translate me this :
user er en klam stodder

Thanks

ukrainian isn't a language

Use Duolingo for Ukrainian, they have some grammar books and other stuff for beginners. Also try to find a Ukrainian friend/pal to help you. It shouldn't be difficult for an native English speakr desu.

Please go back, The US is full.

I'm going to try to learn Greek, Serbo-Croatian, Slovene, Turkish. In that order. I want to be the ultimate Balkanlar.

>Turkish
Look everyone! I've found a cuck.

Please go back, Ukraine is full.

easypersian.com/

What is a language?

I'm learning Portuguese atm but I feel like I have never progressed behind speaking "Spanish and just changing the words" phase. I can read and chat pretty comfortably but speaking I don't get it at all and the pronunciation is pretty hard.

Turkish is the most superior human language

A lot of Portuguese pronunciation is just keeping your mouth less open than in Spanish. There are some regular patterns as far as irregular vowels and consonants, because they're usually at the end of a word (o is pronounced u, e is pronounced i, t is pronounced tch, etc.).
As for nasal sounds:
à is pronounced like 'an', but don't let your tongue touch the roof of your mouth. Same deal with Õ being the same as 'on'.
Nh is pronounced like the Spanish ñ, but again, don't let your tongue touch the roof of your mouth.

A dialect with an army and a navy

I've finished the Ukrainian Duolingo course, it's still in beta and it shows. Even after practicing with it daily, I still can't seem to find the right words to speak with my Ukrainian friend (not at all helped by the fact that he's illiterate and comes from a hick Russo-Polish part of Ukraine).

I'm not really speaking a lot though and that's the problem and I just can't get behind the pronunciation. I always look at the words and cannot figure out if I should make a sch sound now or not. And when I try to make the sing sang of Portuguese it just sounds awful. My Spanish is really good and I even managed to get my thrilling r right but with Portuguese I don't know. Maybe I should take language classes in Brasil.

>that he's illiterate
To what extent is he illiterate and how could I help you?

How similar is Russian and Ukrainian?

As similar as Spanish is to Portuguese or Italian.

Can you speak Russian, too?

Yes. In fact, most Ukrainians (except for Western Ukraine) speak Russian in their daily life.

why are new zealands so stupid?

Really. I just use it because I see the phrase hacer clic en, for clicking on things

Which is the correct russian keyboard?

Lern some thousand words and read and listen the hell out of media. Do this everyday. Bom.

t. by now fluent in German and working - people mistake me for one of them

Pls I'm just a small kiwi boy

No bully

black

>listen the hell out of media
But you need to know enough vocabulary before you understand what you are hearing, right?
So what's the best way to improve your vocabulary?

>mfw I forgot I got a German flag because I work here
GoddamnitI'mAmericanI'mearningmadeurosnowI'mrused.

йцyкeн
c'mon

To answer your question: reading a lot. I'm talking about real literature. Sure. It'd take time. But it's a good investition.

You just need to listen more imo. Spoken portuguese is a meme language, even my arab friends learned it pretty fast.

Formal portuguese on the other hand is nightmare-mode.

If you're past the critical age of 7 it's impossible. Being fluent in a foreign language learned as a grow-up is a myth.

this is an old dead meme

I was learning Spanish but I don't feel like I have to since Trump won

kys racist

lol, it's still the most useful language in the USA though

This is wrong. In fact, some neurological surveys may indicate the opposite. One you're older you can learn a grammatical word and file structures under it.

Look at me. I'm fluent in German and started it while I was 18.

>fluent in German
How did you improve your listening comprehension?

I think he did it through your mom, bro.

Listening. A lot of listening.
Videos in Youtube, for example. A huge bonus is that German has a very phonetic orthography so once you learn the general rules you can 'hear' them more efficiently in your head while reading. It helps that German uses glotal stops between words which come to us off as "rough". Russian's another league because you need to memorize the stress to guess which syllables are stressed or not.

Some dialects still pose difficulty for me, though.

Which one is the rightful Lusofono keyboard?

you never had to

what do you guys all use to type letters that aren't on your keyboards? i use autohotkeys

Jewkraine geh bitte weg

the first one, ABNT2

well that was fun listening to spanish speakers talking about their issues in their countries. I understood most but I see I have a long way to mount fluency.

Bop

well i just got done speaking with spanish speakers on discord. That was fun.

So why shouldn't I learn Turkish? One of our biggest trade partners, huge turkish minority, lots of opportunities. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

do it

>he speaks English
>he speaks a language other than that of his ancestors
Explain yourself, cuck.

toki, jan pona o.

You're right, but you should have used "le" instead of "lo" I.e "Si le hago click"

Italiano

.i mi do zo'e rinsa

Didn't see this thread, I guess I can ask in here as well: Would anyone know such a book? I'm currently checking out the OP resources. I am also so desperate that I started using Duolingo.

Is there any obvious way to know when an 'ah' sound is an a or o in Russian?

US international desu

Started learning russian with my textbook I bought but the lessons just won't stick in my head. After doing the tasks in the textbook what are some tasks I can make myself to practice?

So let's say I need to learn the conjugation of verbs in present tense. Should I just write a bunch of sentences using all the different conjugations until it sticks?

That might be a good idea. You might also want find examples and shit on the Internet so you can see stuff in context outside of the book.

>what is english

Learn the grammar to the extend where your able to distinguish nouns from verbs from pronouns etc. Google the 1000 most common Spanish words and learn them (most people use about 2500 IIRC), then watch English programs with Spanish subtitles or download an English dubbed anime then add a spanish subtitle file to it.

Is there any reason to learn German?

Yes

Why do I see so many Western kids trying (or claiming) to speak Russian? Are they just Sup Forumsshits who fell for the RUSSIA STRONK meme and want to suck Putin's dick or what's the deal?

You mean here on Sup Forums? Have you considered you might be looking at a non-representative sample of western society?

Obviously I'm talking about Sup Forums.

Then for starters, again, you have a non-standard sample. Some might be opposites, whereas others think it's just interesting. It's also a "big" language, it's a relevant power in Europe. It has interesting history, and other shit things.