What does Sup Forums think of Bush?

What does Sup Forums think of Bush?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tfatUZ5RDG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LITALL LITALL LITALL LITALL LITALL LITALL

I got sixteen stone on CD at a thrift store. I've been putting off listening to it.

I honestly don't mind them, but I do wonder how responsible they are for how awful post-grunge is... they were legitimately interested in grunge/punk music before it got big and were going to Mudhoney shows. They liked that dirty, garagey sound, but wanted to use it for more singer/songwriter type stuff. And the singer happened to be really good looking. But it's like as soon as record execs saw that, they knew they had a winning formula, hence the introduction of tons of shallow, shitty hard rock bands adopting it like Creed, Nickelback, etc. To his credit, at least he didn't steal the Vedder yarble like those other guys

That doesn't look like Bush, it looks like Gavin Rossdale and some other dudes.

That said, Sixteen Stone was fairly decent and even parts of Razorblade Suitcase. I say this with nostalgia headphones on, those albums have probably aged horribly and I haven't heard them in years, probably not since the very early 2000s.

first album was kinda ok
second album was 10/10
and then it went straight downhill from there, with only few ok songs on the later albums

FIND MY ASSHOLE, BROTHER

Bush were ok
They spawned Creed, 3 Doors Down, and co but were better than them

They actually haven't aged badly
they are really raw and production is good
There's some really well written songs on both of those albums

The dance remixes they did sucked tho

>The dance remixes they did sucked tho

True. So many rock bands were doing the electronic remix thing in the mid to late 90s and it never worked so I can't really level that as a criticism against the band.

Reminder that Bush did 9/11

Did the singer have some sort of fetish when naming the band

shit band
still better than radiohead

never forget

Why is it that whenever someone posts a thread like this people are more sympathetic

BUSH SUCKS. I don't really even feel like I need to explain myself

what did you mean by that?
explain yourself!

Is Gavin the only original member? What happened to Unnoticed Bald Guitar Player Guy?

Not too bad. But, Silverchair is the GOAT of Post-Grunge bands.

I don't think so. I feel she has like a perpetual 5 o clock shadow.

I hate that shit. It's like, who did you shave for... last week? Not me.

>BUSH SUCKS
Well, that's something Bush and your mom have in common.

later bush is nickelback tier but it's still better than the last silverchair album

Diorama and Neon Ballroom are the only good Silverchair albums

That guy on the far right in OP's pic is also an original member.

Hmm I think he's the bass player, because I remember the drummer looking just like Gavin, only he's the drummer.

Fuck Bush sucks wtf why do I know this.

neon ballroom was the last good silverchair album

Sixteen Stone is legitimately good. I don't give a fuck what 90's grunge purists thing. It's a great pop/post-grunge album with great singles.

BushX was my favourite band as a kid

>The most succesful 90s British band in the USA

>gavin performing 'glycerine" in the rain at mtv spring break 1996

This performance is everything terrible and awesome about the mid-90's.

youtube.com/watch?v=tfatUZ5RDG0

Razorblade Switcase is a 10/10 imo. Good production and songwritting overall. I remember buying this on cassette in the late 90s. Played the shit out of it and lost it. A few months ago I downloaded it and forgot how great this album was. The same I can say about Sixteen Stone. Other than that. I really don't give a shit about the rest of their shit.

Also, get fucked, cretin.

>awful lyrics
>10/10
lol

>lyrics are the only vital component on an album!
lol

Also, not an argument.

>ignoring a specific part of art in order to believe it's perfect
Something can't be perfect if there is an imperfection

the nickelback of grunge. only credit I give them is to Gavin for fucking a prime Gwen Stefani.

That's why I said that songwritting and production is a 10/10, only. Lyrics are forgettable at best.

Goodspeed You Black Emperor is a good band that don't rely on the lyric gimmick.

>That's why I said that songwritting and production is a 10/10
>lyrics are forgettable at best.
Lyrics are a part of songwriting. So it can't be a 10/10

Le intelligent cynicism meme

People like to discuss shit. Not liking something doesn't automatically make you smart, it makes you sound like a teenager.

>Not liking something doesn't automatically make you smart, it makes you sound like a teenager.
Automatically liking something also makes you look like a teen

I liked The Science of Things when I was in middle school

One of my favorite grunge bands, honestly. Yes, they're very poppy and simple. They capture a fantastic atmosphere though that many other bands don't, a certain warmth in their riffs that is more than just distortion.

Listen to it, you probably won't be disappointed.

The original buttrock band

This, exactly this.

I still can't believe they were British. I'm from Britain and literally no one I know has heard of them.

> tfw I write a long post and nobody replies, but I can't be upset because if somebody else had written a post like this I probably wouldn't read it either

> tfw effort has been pointless

> tfw I'm not as effective as I would prefer to be, but it doesn't matter because it's all on a temporary image board that's scorned by society

> tfw my existence is meaningless and if I told my younger self where I am and what I'm doing today, he'd probably be a little depressed

> tfw I'm doing it again

ennui, ennui

Diorama is great. Why don't you like that one?

I can understand how lyrically immature Frogstomp and Freak Show seem now, but besides that, there is good material on both.

Yeah that's funny they were kinda anomaly in that

I've heard their hit tracks like two times each. Boring.

I have a bass tablature book with shit like Primus and Crazy Train. And ofcourse, Bush. Two songs with a shared maximum off ten notes. What a waste of space.

I liked that one track in Need for Speed game

Yo if it helps I read your post and gained a new perspective on Bush. The singer/songwriter + grunge combo really is the game changer that differentiates grunge/post-grunge.

Loved that game