/prog/

What's your opinion on Steven Wilson, is he a fag? Was it a good idea to destroy porcupine tree?
also prog general post good prog shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/track/1Hb2wfDjMo45NerwuplfHo
youtube.com/watch?v=okjo3tRZnNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my fav song of him is luminol, any more track like this?

im looking for more tracks like Significant Other

XBOX

Blackfield and Once by Blackfield, Storm Corrosion and Lock Howl by Storm Corrosion and Gutter by Lunatic Soul

Any decent releases coming this year? Also, Genesis Collins and Gabriel reunion when?

i mean reply to

Some of his stuff is alright

He has really nice hair

Italian prog > literally everything else
Prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't

That would be true, but Krautrock and Canterbury exist.

Could never get into Steve Wilson or Porcupine Tree. Just seemed to be an out of touch guy making music everyone else had stop caring about.

Don't listen to much prog anymore but I like Gordian Knot. Shame they only had two albums. Rivers Dancing has a GOAT solo.

NO METAL ALLOWED

Honestly I think that the last albumn of Opeth is some of the best porg-rock in the last decade, the clear influce of King Crimson makes it great.

This. It really irks me that all the Opeth fans hated it, I mean, I think their earlier stuff was better too but this album is still really good for what it is, there's nothing wrong with a band changing its style after it's been doing the same thing for 15 years.

I wish probs never tho

Can I get some examples of Italian Prog? Newer to Sup Forums

>mfw I see your iPod

Also i wouldn't really mind if collins didn't come with the package we need Gabriel

>wanky instrumental jam prog
>better than anything

Any examples of Italian Prog? like bands?

Yea man i love the earlier stuff, but in this album their new style got a bit more stable and really nice. Still liked Pale Communion though but this album was awesome, And the courious thing is that for me the best song in the album is one of the bonus tracks, Spring MCMLXXIV. I recommend give it a try, can't pòst youtube link because only the main album is uploaded there, but if any faggot use Spotify like me check it out.

open.spotify.com/track/1Hb2wfDjMo45NerwuplfHo

Never because Phil Collins has a fucked up hand

Amen

Well of course nobody can really "prove you wrong" due to the fact that wether something is better than another is subjective.

sorry but Magma was french

I wouldn't 100% call it prog rock, but Dengue Fever is pretty good. Reccomending Sni Bong and Ethanopium and Uku.

>implying Yes didn't singlehandedly murder prog with its godawful lyrics and pure excess
Thank God that Bruford had the sense to jump ship before it imploded. Can't say the same for Wakeman, unfortunately.

Aeful title aside, what did you think of this?

The Leavers is fantastic

Probably i'm going to see the live this summer

Gazpacho is the best modern prog band

youtube.com/watch?v=okjo3tRZnNY

Premiata Forneria Marconi
Banco del Mutuo Soccorro

Honestly i don't ike that they divide one song in dozens of fucking parts, what is the problem with a 15+ min song? Fucking millenials and their ADHD man.

The version I downloaded has all the parts of songs together

Spring MCMLXXIV is probably my favorite track on the record.

reminder that Fripp knows each one of your names and is going to hunt you all down if you don't either delete your King Crimson library or go buy the albums.

Bonus points for not saying ELP or punk, but you're still wildly wrong. Diminishing pace of technological improvement to drive new musical sounds, the oil crisis forcing labels to look for music that was less expensive to record and tour, and prog's main protagonists running out of ideas all conspired to kill it. Yes's lyrics were no different in Tormato to what they had been on Close to the Edge. The kind of people that listen to lyrics for anything more than the sound and cadence of the words never liked Prog in the first place.

prog is the best kind of rock

So he's the Todd Howard of music

You see that Mellotron? You can play it!

Best band rolling through

Hand cannot erase is his best work, I enjoy his solo project more than Porcupine Tree. It was what it was and it was good but it's over. Besides he wrote everything and performed all the vocals and guitars so it's not really all that different, only he's not crippeled by expectation. Fans of his solo work has now come to expect every record to be different from the last and that's the way he'd rather have it, fans expected every Porcupine Tree to be Metal. In fact this is probably what Mikael Åkerfeldt should have done instead of having Opeth do a complete 180 with Heritage.

Where should I start with Van der Graaf Generator?

Whom
>Canterbury
here?

from the start like every other band.

When I was going through my prog phase, I was convinced PFM - Per Un Amico was the greatest album ever. Probably the best Italian prof album there is, along with Le Orme - Felona E Sorona

I don't like your attitude.

The best way to judge an album is in the context of the discography. Therefore listening in order is best.

I used to like his Porcupine stuff more but as of late I've grown to appreciate his solo stuff. Insurgentes is the best thing he has ever put out, aside from Storm Corrosion, that is.
Also, HCE ain't that bad, but holy shit, I miss Gavin Harrison.

What is some good, obscure, krautrock album?

I like this attitude. Explanatory and non-cynical. I also like this first album so far.

>The kind of people that listen to lyrics for anything more than the sound and cadence of the words never liked Prog in the first place.
That's a ridiculous claim to make. I fact that entire post was ridiculous. Though I agree lyrics can be ignored they can still detract from an otherwise good song.

>The Raven That Refused To Sing is his best work

FTFY

this

Jazz fusion> avant-prog>king crimson>dad prog
fight me

What the fuck is this guy's problem though? He seems like an old fuddy duddy who has a set idea of what living life should be like and everyone who doesn't conform to that is a pleb. Most of his songs are about disdain for happy people while he sits around being a miserable cunt. Most of his melodies seem like tunes that anyone else writes and goes, 'no, that's too generic' and leaves them on the cutting room floor.

I don't get it, it's more entry level prog than early Coheed and Cambria but less fun.