youtube.com/watch?v=rWcHgIWXb_g
over-wrought.bandcamp.com/album/overwrought
youtube.com/watch?v=kU0pOmzj70o
youtube.com/watch?v=GR5AV_TYYK4
youtube.com/watch?v=AxUwQvHICpU&t=766s
youtube.com/watch?v=ei1f6yXHWUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bbI0kR8qNl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been getting into Judas Iscariot a lot recently. This EP is really good and my favorite by far. But I still need to listen to To Embrace the Corpses Bleeding, so who knows it might change.

they're just like straight up raw bm right? never got around to listening to them but i might now

I riffs.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQkor4EoswE

where do you find all these obscure demos?

bump

What are you listening to right now?

This desu

youtube.com/watch?v=yAS0NCe2twc

Forteresse is great by the way

On the internet.

epic :)

>black metal
>all the musicians are white

such an original joke

so urzeit is obscure now?
lmao you guys are noobs

Actually I thought it was really obvious, but thanks anyway.

i have full time job

Sinmara's debut album is great too
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmFQ5mDPSU

These threads are always so much better than /metal/.

I'm listening to this right now. Darkspace is a fucking gem of a band. I can't believe they aren't more popular than they are.

Blazebirth Hall definitely produced some of the best black metal of the mid-late 90s. Best described as Darkthrone/Bathory riffs with Burzum's atmosphere.

first wave riffs > you're favorite

Your*

no?

It really is. Branikald is my favorite from Blazebirth Hall, some of his albums are just haunting.
I've been meaning to get into Satanic Warmaster for a while now, but the name was just so edgy. Is that a good starting point?

Summoning - Minas Morgul

Also, question for the thread. I'm going to buy a Panopticon CD tonight, and I have the choice between Autumn Eternal and Roads to the North. I can buy one, but not both; I've listened to neither (only heard Kentucky and enjoyed it). Which one should I pick up?

Does anyone remember the name of the /nbbmn/ project from Sup Forums?

>the name was just so edgy
People who use that term in that manner have no place in Black Metal
Leave that term for the pretentious Jewish hipsters

I prefer Autumn Eternal but cant explain it.
The 2nd track makes me happy

In Black Metal, never judge a band by its name. Try listening to their tracks Burning Eyes of the Werewolf, Carelian Satanist Madness, Wolves of Blood and Iron, Vampiric Tyrant..

Besides, the name is is everything Metal should be about. It encompasses darkness, evil and war, hailing the darkest tyrants throughout history who have ruled with an iron fist

It comes from an old NSBM song from Poland's Lord of Evil, the song is about the Führer

I don't know what you expected in terms of a name, all of their lyrics are about Satan in some way so... Anyways that's a great starting point, but many people like Strength and Honor too.
These guys know, actually didn't know about the thing with Satanic Warmaster's name, I should look into that band.

I don't remember the name but I remember it not sucking which is rare for DIY dsbm.

wew
youtube.com/watch?v=U9GtKDhKz3Q

Sounds like shit

I agree that buzzword is overused. And it's extreme Metal, it's not supposed to have normal radio friendly band names

By that logic we might as well say that Black Sabbath, Slayer, Iron Maiden are all trying to be ''dark and edgy''
It's almost like half the people who say that word think everything should be boring and average... there's a difference between cutting yourself to disturbed or linken park and having a genuine interest in horror-esque, macabre, or morbid topics

mos def my favorite black metal ep

Branikald is the greatest. I wish there were more Blazebirth Hall bands. Any good Russian BM outside of that? Bonus for NSBM

>there's a difference between cutting yourself to disturbed or linken park and having a genuine interest in horror-esque, macabre, or morbid topics

Both of those things are edgy

I really like Pseudogod. Not NSBM though.

m8l8th

So you dont watch horror movies or movies with violence because they are too edgy for you?No violent video games either? That's gay

I know of these two (and most of Wotan Jugend) and they are good recs for anyone not already aware.

>tfw didn't get to see M8l8th, Peste Noire, Kroda, etc all play at the same festival

Fuck.

Ya I realized I was being an idiot, especially when I'm into DSBM and other equally "edgy" bands.
I poorly made this Russian black metal chart. It doesn't seem like there are as many Russian black metal bands as you would think there would be, most are Ukrainian.

This is decent. The first three albums there are possible the best NSBM and the best BM in general. I must listen to Nagelreid once a day.

I think I discovered Sivyj Yar through this chart so thanks.

A Ukrainian one would be nice, too.

m8l8th is shitty buttblack though

Oh here we go again...

by the wing of black is great and you can't deny it

I mean, it's definitely better than their later output it's not great in my opinion though

roads to the north, easily

alternatively just pirate both and then decide which to buy

Which are your favorite raw black metal albums from last year, fags?? Thanks to college I didn't have enough time to check out new releases, so now here i'm thinking that, musically, 2016 was a literal ghost for me.

"Roads to the north" is the obvious choice, "autumn eternal" is a vanilla version of Panopticon's previous releases, he plays a little bit with those dreamy interludes and riff that are very common nowadays in post black metal (still a very good album tho).

this was my favourite. amazing album. youtube.com/watch?v=cplpzXZXg4o

For some reason it took me a few listens to ''get'' the unique style of melodies but once I did it became one of my favourite bands
youtube.com/watch?v=rWcHgIWXb_g

judas iscariot is great, imo his best album is distant in solitary night for those black metal slow jams

What is the best black metal to listen to while stoned?

man I listened to black metal all thorugh high school and I was constantly stoned, just listen to what you like ofc, my all time favorite black metal albums are Emperor's first two full lengths, In the Nightside Eclipse and Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.

What would you rec for someone (aka me) who is a big fan of the first wave? -- Bathory, Venom, early Slayer (I know, I know), Hellhammer, Warhammer, etc.?

For some reason I just can not listen to black metal on drugs. It's a very sober genre, and all the dark and depressing vibes it give off are very cathartic when sober, but ruin the high for me if I'm on any drugs.

Cause you aren't kvlt. I listen to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and random BM albums whenever I do psychedelics.

I dunno m8 you listed off the bands from the first wave that I already listen to honestly

the high of smoking crystal meth is honestly perfect for black metal

Varg would argue that if you do psychedelics not only are you not kvlt, but that you are embarrassing your people and are taking part in the genocide of your culture.
Maybe I need to try crystal meth.

Varg also never misses a chance to distance himself from black metal. I would argue quite the opposite of what you attribute to him due to his berserker video.

This fucking album. Hypothermia vibes.

Euronymous encouraged people to do drugs because he thought drug users were losers who deserve to die

i could be totally wrong but was it this?
over-wrought.bandcamp.com/album/overwrought

I liked this a lot a few years ago, last time I listened it was just boring. Gonna try one last time.

Listening to everything posted ITT. I'm a little bit overloaded on atmospheric black metal, at least, I know where to look for that style, how about some "hidden gem" or newer black metal that's not atmospheric?

Do you like depressive bm?
There are some really beautiful stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=kU0pOmzj70o

youtube.com/watch?v=GR5AV_TYYK4

euronymous was also an insufferable cunt who got what he deserved

That's a pretty spooky video. I wish Xasthur had more music videos.

I agree though, DSBM has some beautiful gems. Check out Trancelike Void.

I'm discovering Sinmara, i will listen to trancelike void just after, i'm new to Sup Forums and i find some great music here (sorry for my poor english)

Never heard of Sinmara before, but looking through they're bandcamp they seem pretty good, so thanks for the rec. Unveiling the Silent Arms of Despair is a quick EP and is really worth listening to, some of the best black metal I know. Also your English is fine don't worry about it.

sigh - imaginary sonicscape

i imagine oranssi pazuzu would be fantastic as well

can somebody rec me some NatSoc BM that's on spotify for my workouts?
if that's even on there, if not just other shit is fine

youtube.com/watch?v=AxUwQvHICpU&t=766s

Wigrid is incredible. Hoffnungstod might just be early Burzum worship, but Die Asche Eines Lebens is a world of it's own. Such chilling and dark atmospheres on both albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=ei1f6yXHWUQ

>BM
>spotify
Leave the hall

In my opinion, Varg was totally influenced by the atmospheric dark riffs of Euronymous

This

Playing a show with these dudes next month

Fallen for the bait.

he was still a fag

bump

Is the MAYHEM north America tour going on right now (Denver today, SaltLakeCity tomorrow),
is Varg V & Frinez touring with them ??

Anyone else love this EP? By far my favorite thing from Summoning.

>Varg
>touring
>with Mayhem

>favorite thing

Does anyone else think it's weird that almost all purely black metal albums and artists are mediocre at best?

Blackened anything, from sludge to thrash to death to whatever is where the actual quality bm releases are.

Paysage d'Hiver is the best atmoblack. Not only because it sounds nothing like any of that trash but because it uses some concepts that stay true to the BM oldies while combining that with some modern concepts like longer tracks and noisy drones. There's also no fucking right wing or paganist circlejerking in the lyrics. Try out the demo "Einsamkeit".

>Paysge d'Hiver is the best atmoblack
>recommends an ambient album

You're connecting 2 seperate clauses I made about the artist to describe their line of work because you don't know how to use reading comprehension. Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=bbI0kR8qNl0

No!

Even if it's true this bait is MEANT for ME!
God damn it
:(

Any anons back this up?

predatory light
it is all torture chain should have been

bump

don't let it die, /metal/ is so bad right now

is /metal/ ever not bad?

after a really terrible thread like the current one a lot shitposters get banned and there are a few days of decent threads

At the Heart of Winter is proof that even really lame corny bands are capable of greatness if they apply themselves enough

>pure holocaust
>blizzard beasts
>lame

ok kid