Band shirts

Profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

younggodrecords.com/pages/devendra-banhart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This post (again)

Interesting thread idea or forced meme?

99% of the time it's a sign of insecurity

Politically engendered cultural motif

They're a good signal to find people with similar interests.

less than 50%

it's just a shirt

My wardrobe consists of only band t-shirts pretty much. Yes it's 100% insecurity. I feel edgy as fuck with my crossbuster shirt, and yes I'm an adult.

No bully

truly not

It's just an expression of self in fashion form like any other clothing choice. Even people who say they're not fussed about clothes are expressing that through their attire. It's not a special thing.

truly not quantifiable, and the negation of my statement has a higher likelihood of self doubt

>faggot hipster wears swans shirt
>wtf i hate swans now

but i like band shirts, bc i typically like the designs anyways or wanna see if anyone else likes them.
they never do but thats okay

I wear shirts of bands I hate to discover who to stay away from in the future.
After one month of SwansT duty, my life has never been better.

It is either a false dichotomy or stupid.

will people ever stop wearing shirts of bands that they don't even listen to? To wear a band shirt, you have to be able to name at least 10 songs by them off the top of your head and at least 3-4 albums (if they have that many).

cop or not?

I am wearing the shirt in the OP's image right now.

That's devendra bandheart

Anyone know if they make a good Joy Division shirt?

I have a problem wearing band shirts just because I feel like a walking billboard advertising a brand. I hate wearing shit with any sort of logo or brand on it.

That said, it really depends on the shirt whether or not it's "acceptable" to wear in public. Some band shirts are /fa/ as fuck, others you should never wear under any circumstance, even if you love the band.

Depends on the shirt

I have this and chance's summer friends coloring world shirt

i own a kiss your shirt but idk

>FUDGE PACKIN
>MOTHERFUCKER

>I hate wearing shit with any sort of logo or brand on it.
Same, I hate that shit. The only thing I wear that have logos on them are my vans and you can hardly see the logos.

I like them but they have to look good and I get them from the label or merch tables

fucking since when
I wear a GBV shirt and I probs couldn't name ten songs, I've only listened to two of their albums.

Refused shirt, only one album. (tho it is a shirt OF the album)

I rarely know the names of songs because I listen to albums without constantly checking my musicbee. If you know the names of tracks it means you listen to songs individually, which if anything is plebbier.

I can't get how see it as a sign of insecurity, explain me

What that user said is dumb but you can know the names of tracks and listen to the album in full every time

by trying to let everyone know your about 2deep4u taste

I make my own bandshirts up and if anyone asks me about them I say it's a local band. Then I never wear the shirt again because they'll inevitably ask about it to which I can just gaslight them. Works well, you'd be surprised how much people trust you after you alter their memory.

Also it gives me an opportunity to just make a new shirt.

or you could just like the band and wanna wear their shirt

it's possible but it's definitely understandable not to

It's a combination of wanting to give the band my money, wanting to advertise their existence to anyone who finds the design interesting enough to ask further, and the desire to wear a shirt over my hairy-ass torso.

So this

Devandra was signed to Gira's label

w2c, that looks sick

Its just from redbubble

r8

>faggot hipster
YOURE SUPERIOR

If you are listening to Swans and call people hipster faggots and cucks, then you don't understand Swans.

Don't you realize most people on Sup Forums are hyper self aware and have to make some Freudian diagnostic of every action?

sure he was user

i dont feel 2deep4u when i wear electric wizard t shirt

i have this shirt i like it

the best band shirts are the ones that have a symbol or album cover but don't say the band name or have words so that only other people who listen to the band know what it is

younggodrecords.com/pages/devendra-banhart

it's more like half the time it's the people that blog on tumblr, use snapchat, etc. while the other half have no idea what the band is

There's no problem with it whatsoever. It's no different than wearing sports merchandise.

do you even know who devendra banhart is youngfag?

This

Only reason not to wear them is they're usually cheap print shit that will fade after a few washes.

That is most certainly not devendra banhart

dont know if bait? it most certainly is, pic was taken when he was younger

I wouldn't say it's insecurity. But I am certainly an insecure person. I just think it's pretty cool to support bands I'm into. Plus there's always the possibility of meeting someone into the same shit as you. That's how I met one of my best friends. Been buds for over 10 years now all because of a circle Jerks t shirt.

Enthusiastic support of something one enjoys maybe?

Neither. They're just fucking band shirts.

I buy them to support the band when I'm at shows.
Music is also really important to me, so I like to show that.

Hey, that's cool, I ordered from him the Pop Group one. Really great quality shirt.

w2c?