Plebs can't handle real artistry.

sry, wrong link

factmag.com/2017/01/25/flying-lotus-kuso-gross-mass-walkouts-sundance/

Damn, really?

Kuso.

I wonder when we can see it.

I saw it at Sundance this weekend. AMA

(It was awful)

is it just me or does it seem flylo and brainfeeder in general have gotten really shitty the last few years. flylo thinking he's some film genius or some shit

What was the overall plot? Is it an art film?

There is no "overall plot" the movie is just a mash up of three short films he made. The scenes from each are intercut and share nothing in common except for some aesthetic features.

In the after movie q&a he described it as an "aesthetic film". But seriously it was awful. Just gross shit for an hour and a half with no characters or plot behind it.

I'm not kidding when I say it is the worst movie I've ever seen.

Was the photography at least good?

It's nothing special.

I guess the CGI scene where you go inside this black dude's anus was pretty well done.

was the ost partly by aphex good? or was that just a hype meme.

was applewhite in it

There were only a few songs that I picked out specifically as aphex. They were fine, nothing special. The best music in the movie were these two flylo songs with thundercat.

Not that I remember

Is it anything like that short film Childish Gambino did a few years ago when Because the Internet came out? Were there any special guest cameos by Flylo's friends? What were some grossout moments and would you compare it to any body horror movies like Tusk and Videodrome?

I haven't seen that childish Gambino thing so I can't comment on that. But a few of his friends were in it. Hannibal birress voices an alien (very small part though, and not funny at all). There was another black dude who my friend recognized but I don't remember his name.

Grossest part was probably when a black guy fucks a talking boil on the side of his girlfriend's neck. Full penetration is shown (although it's a fake cock) and he cums in it's mouth. That's one but there's a lot more. A lot of shit eating too. Cum eating etc..

It was fucking disgusting. But I felt like it was just for the sole purpose of grossing you out. It wasn't funny and certainly wasn't in service of a plot or even part of a world he was creating. Literally just one disgusting thing after the next. Then he gets mad when people walk out.

Fuck I'm disappointed, I was really excited. Is there anything redeeming to it at all?

Brainfeeder has always just been Flying Lotus and friends honestly. And You're Dead was kind of disappointing.

I chuckled when one of the characters said "dingleberry itinerary"

>a black guy fucks a talking boil on the side of his girlfriend's neck

Yeah even from the trailer you can tell the movie is gonna be some shit
youtube.com/watch?v=PDRYASntddo
Sad to hear that it apparently isn't that great though. Based on what he said about it I was looking forward to some surreal psychedelic David Lynch stuff but this sounds like all the emphasis is on the gross-out parts.

anything else you can tell us that hasn't been covered?

kinda similar to when Alejandro Jodorowsky premieres Fando y Lis in Mexico, except that it actually caused a riot. Another film that was disgusting.

anyways...

did anyone hear the new Aphex Twin song in this?

I was expecting something at least interesting because he went to film school and has good references

The aesthetic is nice at least?

he got mad?

I guess he wasn't really mad. Before it started he said "we're gonna heckle you if you walk out". I'd say 30 people walked out during the movie. After it was over he was like "I expected more people to leave".

But yeah from the way he was talking about it, it sounds like he sunk a lot of money into this and he knows it's trash. That's why he's promoting it so hard on twitter.

Not really. It's pretty ugly overall. There's some nice practical effects though.

The giant animatronic butthole was cool.

I am pretty hype honestly. Based on the description from user here, and what other sites have reported, we got ourselves the mother of all kino happening here.

>except that it actually caused a riot
Why?

how do i comment

Believe me I was excited just like you. I love flying lotus' music and I'm into weird films.

This film above all else is boring though. There is literally nothing there. I've never wanted to walk out of a theater before, but I did during this.

Just don't get too hyped buddy. Watch Eraserhead instead.

>I was expecting something at least interesting because he went to film school
lol