Now that the dust has settled

what's the verdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11037065
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6/10 at best

I still don't know what that logo is supposed to be.
Besides a chastity cage.

Comfy/10

A bit shit

And your fans are terrible

"We boo, it's what we do" Is a lame excuse for acting like twats

every nation boos but only for the relevant reasons not all the time like you've swallowed South Africa's vuvuzelas

it's three humans holding hands and feet with each other

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHEUEHUUEURHEUERGHND

Good for us, but generally feel as though some of the organisation has been sub standard

The Paralympics will also be terrible this year

I had fun and I honestly wish I put a bit more time aside to watch more of it.

Actual hosting itself was shit, without a doubt. However the events were good due to consistent record breaking and drama.

strawpoll.me/11037065
strawpoll.me/11037065
strawpoll.me/11037065
strawpoll.me/11037065
strawpoll.me/11037065

Oooooh. Well that may be even gayer.

The 2 mountains? Doesn't look that similar but ok.

It's the olympics, I'll always watch and love it, however I preferred London. I still really enjoyed Rio though

Best of my lifetime:

Vancouver 2010
x
x
x
x
Beijing 2008
London 2012
Sydney 2000
Salt Lake City 2002
Barcelona 1996
Rio 2016
x
x
Sochi 2014
x
x
x
x
Turin 2006
Nagano 1998
x
x
x
x
x
Atlanta 1996

Who cares tier:
Lillehammer

Pretty good for a bunch of 3rd world huemonkeys.

7/10

good

This is the first time where NBC didn't shit the bed for people who don't have cable.

why do your gas stations have extortion lanes?

It's the angle.

>it's the angle
are you trying to troll us?

Bad organisation but nice games in the end as far as i'm concerned. France had a very bad start but did well in the end, had his fair share of nice stories and dramas etc...so yeah i enjoyed it, and Rio's offered some nice sceneries for the outdoor events.

Only regret is that our swimming team completely collapsed in those games, but i guess that had to happen at some point.

Still looking forward to the Handball final.

It's a penis. Or a bomb. Or both. DICKBOMB.

You mean, nigger can't even piss on loos?

Dis you people actually watch Olympics games every day these past weeks? Doesn't it get boring after a while?

at least no one died

-oops 3 people died

Oh, only real bad point was the schedules, with many events being in the middle of the night. That was shit.

You are talking to people that get triggered that the stadiums arent full for some literal who sport

I only closely followed a couple of events, and sometimes had it on background noise.

Actually, prolly 10-15 hues died in favelas by police raids.

If you mean br time, blame NBC.

Yeah i know, there has been some articles pointing that here.

I watched every single day and got mad that the rowing and canoe'ing events were too early for me or when I was on the way to work.

Here in North America they never ever show 90% of these sports outside of the Olympics. Things like athletics are rarely shown on tv, rowing or weightlifting is never shown. This is the only time where there's so much coverage of all of this.

more like 10-15 hues died every night at the favelas, but those don't count

I was talking about the german coach that died in the car crash, the brit reporter that got ultra malaria and is in coma and the army dude who got killed at maré

>what's the verdict?

I liked the part where Team GB won lots of medals and beat China

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bushy

Empty stadiums ruin the feeling a bit but great scenic views

>malaria
not even natives living in the heart of the forest get malaria

Portugal's performance was great.

Meh

she decided to cycle from the UK to Brazil

she got it somewhere along the way

why these faggots keep asking?
just read the articles about that in a news site

There was a news story yesterday about how she's making a recovery so don't worry so much about that one

I mean i was just thinking that she had to find and stick her hand in a malaria inffected mosquito nest to get it
Its even rarer than zika

I kind of felt like the entire time I was waiting for something or someone to fuck up. Truth be told it never happened.

That being said the empty crowds really made me think

Why did a country which couldn't afford to host the olympics, which the majority of the population didn't want and doesn't care about the olympics, host the olympics?

It should have gone to somewhere where the populace is actually keen. This just felt like it was going through the motions.

6/10 venues
7/10 organizing
5/10 spectators

London > Rio > Beijing > Sydney > Athens > Gay Winter Olympics

I'm about to lose 50 bucks because I bet on a terrorist attack happening. You can still do it ISIS.

I heard that the family of the german guy donated his organs to hues.

>accident
>nothing to do with the olympics or rio
>doesnt count you said it yourself

>Vancouver anywhere in the Top 5
>London that high
>that jelly again America
>Barcelona in 1996
>Sochi 2014 above anything else despite that pretty much all the skiing tracks and snowboard pipes were in such terrible conditions because Sochi doesn't get winters cold enough for them.
>no Athens 2004
>not liking Lillehammer for the simple fact of the Kerrigan/Harding rival was at a dizzying height.

As expected from a fucking leaf, I guess.

It was certainly better than expected.

>Why did a country which couldn't afford to host the olympics, which the majority of the population didn't want and doesn't care about the olympics, host the olympics?
BRAZIL: (hands sack full of money to corrupt sports organisation) "look at us, [rest of the world], we can host international sports tournaments. do we get to sit at the big boy table yet?"
REST OF WORLD: lol

>what's the verdict?
empty seats galore

That pool turned green and some Brazilans acted Brazilian but other than that it was alright.

>This is the first time where NBC didn't shit the bed for people who don't have cable.
What, this was worst they ever done.

The best time was Beijing 2008 because all the streams were online and you didn't need cable for access for them. The paywall didn't really come about until Sochi 2014.

Inconvenient timezone but pretty good, watching it with Sup Forums was comfy as usual.
Well done BRos

I can't really make a big distinction between Rio and Athens. Similar organizational problems, but also similar work arounds and overall good Olympics. Most will say Athens was much better, but this will be mostly down to the fact Sup Forums has this thing against Brazil and the fact Athens means a lot of nostalgia. It means a lot of nostalgia to me too, but Rio balances it because it's the first Olympics I actually watched in stadiums, with my family. Athens did have a better opening ceremony.

I'd say Beijing > London > Rio = Athens > Sydney >>>>>>>>>>>> Atlanta

Because the hue president at the time was a megalomaniacal bastard who loves favelas.

I was kinda in a rush cause I needed to take a shit badly, it's why I fucked up on Barcelona and for some reason I had Athens just under Rio but deleted it by mistake.

I stand by all my valuations. Atlanta was shit tier Olympics.

Very few countries care about the Olympics by that metric. Everyone cares about what they like the most or are the best at. There are a lot of reasons why Athletics had empty stands (other sports had surprising occupancy, like Fencing at 84%), down to organization fuck ups too, but also involving illegal ticket sales, media scaremongering which made less foreigners come to Brazil, etc.

My rankings:

1. Beijing 2008
2. Rio 2016
3. Sydney 2000
4. Atlanta 1996
5. Athens 2004
6. Nagano 1998
7. Vancouver 2010
8. Torino 2006
9. London 2012
10. SLC 2002
9001. Sochi 2014

To be honest, this was the olympic race with most "memes", green pool, booing, lochte telling he was robbed.

We only didn't have such a horrendous death march as the 2012 one.

>Good
GB beating China

>Bad
Poor attendance, even at the 100m sprint final
Pool turned green
Brazilians booing athletes
Athletes' accommodation was disgusting
Shitty opening ceremony

You can say it was literal shit
hehe

>mountains

They're giant rocks actually.

>Shitty opening ceremony
That's rich coming from you

Yeah, the refs were super lenient this time around too.

But we got based Diniz who died twice for Sup Forums's sins and frankly I think that was better. But I think we didn't have a lot of deaths because it was early in the damn morning.

There were a lot of deaths in the 20K men's one oddly enough and that was mostly because it was in the afternoon.

>even at the 100m sprint final

London will always have the shittest OC in the last 25 years, deal with it.

>all these countries winning their maiden gold medals while we're still waiting
I hate it

I like to imagine that there was a big bunda amazon inside the Vinicius suit.

That's because Brazilians may be poor and sometimes stupid but >we know how to party and have fun even at our own expense. Tokyo will be more well organized and also more boring. I can honestly say the gringos are loving the Olympics, the ones who actually came here.

I liked it.
First time in a while I remember the US being this dominant.

Good show for the Brits too. You guys really stepped up your shit since London.

Well you guys did kill half of your competition

It was good in terms of events for except boxing, but it was shit in management i.e unfair disqualifications and the booing.

London is still the GOAT olympics

Doping scandal in USA when?

>more boring
funny way of spelling safety, cleanliness and filled seats

Mixed i'd say. The game wer pretty good in the end, despite all the little problems.

Then on one hand France did better than in Beijing and London, but we choked in swimming and were very meh in fencing, wich are the two disciplines i'm really exited about, so...

I'd put London above Nagano, it wasn't as bad as your list implies m8.

I honestly don't think they'll give the games to a third world country again unless they absolutely have to after this

Brazil wasn't ready

But Olympic boxing never been so good thanks to the rules change.

I can't say how good or bad things are being run in person, but it's coming off pretty well on TV, save for the tonnes of empty seats. The events have been fun to watch, and there's been plenty of drama. The predictions of doom and gloom never really seem to pan out for these events (see these Olympics, 2004 Athens, 2010 South Africa, etc.). And Canada's been performing quite well. Much better than the one (1) gold medal performance in London, at least.

Also, personally it's great that I can watch all the events live at a reasonable time. The next three Olympics are going to suck in that respect.

booooooo/10

Still better than Beijing.

No one is applying to host it anyway.
They'll give it to whoever asks them at this point.

Can't believe it's already almost over

>filled sits
The japs might as well not even be there, since all they do is clap with a piece of plastic at most

is that dog ok

>safety
Legitimate.

>cleanliness
Tell me which were the problems with that other than Guanabara Bay. Even then, tell me how one part of the bay being dirty affected the Sailing competition.

>filled seats
Easy to do when every other country in the world isn't scared by sensationalist media thinking they'll catch zika, malaria, swim in shit, and get raped by a pack of wild niggers.

You're just repeating the same old memes.

did he ded

This

Just having a rest

Thats a bear cub you dunce

>1996 oldest

>Easy to do when every other country in the world isn't scared by sensationalist media thinking they'll catch zika, malaria, swim in shit, and get raped by a pack of wild niggers.

Is that not at least partially accurate, the packs of wild n***** at the very least?

Vancouver was objectively the worst of them all

>Also, personally it's great that I can watch all the events live at a reasonable time. The next three Olympics are going to suck in that respect.
This. Especially the winter Olympics cause I won't be able to stay awake late during the semester