"I never liked The Beatles, I never really liked any British group, I don't think the British should play rock and roll...

"I never liked The Beatles, I never really liked any British group, I don't think the British should play rock and roll... I never took British rock and roll seriously and I still don't."

Objectively based.

Other urls found in this thread:

talkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I don't think the British should play rock and roll
>Was close friends with David Bowie

What did he mean by this?

Woah cool.

Just because he was friend with Bowie it doesn't mean he enjoyed his music

he's right though

what about him?

Well still don't you think Bowie was kind of insulted when Lou said "Brits don't make good rock" when he's a British rock star?

Nah, I'm pretty sure Bowie could handle criticism.

>what is shock humor

Lou loved the Beatles and was influenced by them and bob Dylan and shits on both of them for laughs in interviews.

He also said in an interview Yeezus was the masterpiece of this century. The dude got a kick from fucking with people

This.

>I don't think the British should play rock and roll
Nobody could say or take that statement seriously when most of the top selling rock bands are British.

Wasn't Cale who was influenced by Beatles? Never heard it about Lou.

Yeezus is a masterpice you dumbfuck, it could be considered the first post-avant-garde album

>doesn't like Bowie's music
>lets him produce his album and co write some of his songs

>He also said in an interview Yeezus was the masterpiece of this century

Lou Reed really knew how to troll

I miss him...

> falling for the kanye is actually good and relevant meme

Lou said the only Lennon song he liked was "Mother", because he can relate to having mommy issues.

He seemed pretty sincere when he reviewed it
talkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/

>first post-avant-garde album
what the fuck does this even mean

it's so experimental and innovative it can't be classified as avant-garde

it's a perfect blend of so many genres

you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. refrain from these sort of posts please.

One could never really tell when Lou was being serious or not. He didn't take interviews seriously, so.

he also made an album with an hour of just random noise, maybe that was another instance of him making "i was just pretending to be retarded": the album

Name me one album that mixes pop, industrial hip hop, standard hip-hop, minimalism and has experimental elements and actually appeals to the mainstream crowd besides Yeezus

And that album created a whole new genre of music that's influenced tons of bands.

do people actually cite that album as an influence though? i just have a hard time believing anyone needed lou reed to record 60 minutes of amplifier feedback before they could make noise/drone music, both of which technically precede that album.

there's just so little substance to that album i don't see what there is to be influenced by really. other than maybe the boldness and hilariousness of releasing something like that on a major label and billing it as a proper album.

Well noise is supposed to be anti-music, it's more of a statement about the music industry then it is actual music to listen to. Though there is a lot of noise albums that are fun to listen to, but MMM isn't one of them.

These doesn't make it avant-garde, let alone post avant-garde or whatever the shit you're trying to push

>Appeals to the mainstream crowd
>Avant-garde
Please stop embarrassing yourself.

>That’s architecture, that’s structure —this guy is seriously smart.
Lou was a master troll.