Any good films/tv shows about the Roman Empire? I watched the pilot of Rome and couldn't get into it

Any good films/tv shows about the Roman Empire? I watched the pilot of Rome and couldn't get into it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7HHrkoac0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I watched the pilot of Rome and couldn't get into it
Leave. Now.

>>I watched the pilot of Rome and couldn't get into it
>I saw Polly's pussy and wasn't into it
>I saw Cirian Hindes as Caesar and wasn't into it
>I met Pullo and Vorenus and wasn't into it

>>>>>

Spartacus, Cleopatra, Ben-Hur, The Last Legion, Caligula, Satyricon.

You forgot.

I Claudius
The Caesars (my personal favorite)

youtube.com/watch?v=B7HHrkoac0o

Plebs.
>inb4 >Romans speaking with British accents

yeah I'm with OP any good tv shows about Rome? Aside from the best tv show about Rome, I wasn't a fan of the pilot

Asterix and Obelix vs. Caesar

I hate everything about you.

Rome was shit
These
This was also shit

>Rome was cancelled because of pleb trash as this

>I watched the pilot of Rome and couldn't get into it

There's no fucking hope for you then.

This has to be bait, how can you seriously not enjoy Rome if you're into Roman history?

rome was canceled because BBC was kicking in half the funding. Then pulled out once rome started reenacting biblical events... without jesus.

It felt very rushed and forced, the acting was ehhh.

What the fuck is this true

I thought BBC was angry because not enough diversity.

Please kill me

To be fair, it was rushed at the end because it had been cancelled. Originally it was meant to have at least 7 seasons, but at the end they rushed it so it could end after the Battle of Actium and the elevation of Augustus as Princeps/Emperor.
>half the funding

This is wrong, HBO covered most of the budget, BBC's slice was pretty small. The BBC pulled out due to the expense, 15 million on one show for them at the time was a lot of money, especially when the show wasn't doing fantastically ratings-wise. HBO wasn't willing to extend their budget, so they cancelled. This is definitely bullshit, it was all about money. The whole diversity meme is only a recent thing.

>not posting the original

Rome was unironically shit though

>Then pulled out once rome started reenacting biblical events... without jesus.

how though

>the roman empire
>empire
>good

They didn't, that poster was talking shite.

There was rumours that the show would eventually get to Jerusalem, since they had the Jewish plot, and there would be references to the birth of Jesus or something; but nothing religious happened during the show. I mean, it ended in fucking in 27BC.

>I AM THE SENATE!

What did he mean by this?

Roman Republic, ruled by an oligarchy, citizenship only for Romans, tons of rules to keep people in their class.
Life was way better for the average person in the empire.

Ave Caesar

Just off the top of my head...
feast of the Aventine, bread and fish
jews trashing money changers
brutus baptizing himself, washing away his past/sins, etc.

There was more, the show was definitely setting up jesus to be some prick taking credit for shit he was nowhere near.

If you meant I Clavdivs, I agree.

Based Jesus had the last laugh. got that shit cancelled.