Public Transport Thread

Post public transport from ur city.

Taxi, Bus, tram, trains, bullet trains... anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=weeQ7s7YJ6A
quatrorodas.abril.com.br/noticias/com-isencao-de-impostos-carros-eletricos-poderao-custar-ate-30-menos/
youtube.com/watch?v=bmlP_WeAnAE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tram_and_light_rail_transit_systems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=weeQ7s7YJ6A

We ride your mum to Climax City

>Utrecht

I know a friend who lives there.

Rio de Janeiro
Good one Mohhamad.

I am an athiest, I am changing my name to Ned or Danny once I immigrate and integrate

Every Fucking Day. Fucking hate rush hours.

is this the famous Curitiba bus system? Learnt about in geography as a good example of public transport

Nope, São Paulo.

>I am an athiest
Then what? So am I and my name comes from Jewish religion.

Do they have the pre pay system like Curitiba? Doesn't look like it

we will getting these in a few years in my city.

We're famous?

Yes.

looks like a gay pride parade

Bus drivers already fucking suck, I can only imagine the disaster it would be if the bus in your pic becomes mainstream

Solaris

Yeah it was apart of a big exam board's sylibus. Remembered it being cool that you could pre pay for the fares, but it was overall about how cities around the world deal with traffic, emissions and encouraging public transport

Every single city here has prepay, it stops criminals from gun point robbing the buses since there is no money.

Bus

Metro Bus

Mini bus that runs on the mountain

something about Curitiba's one was special though. Think it might have to do with the routes

Where the fuck do you live?

Who robs buses nowadays?

You pay at the tubes, you can also board several busses with one passage in the terminals and tubes.

It isn't the reason there is prepay. Major cities like Rio and São Paulo integrate multiple public transports (Tram, train, subway, buses and boats) so it is necessary not only so the average worker can get discounts, but also because its more practical.

Maceió, Alagoas aka the worst state. At a point in 2006-2007 there were 15 bus roberies a day in the capital, the solution was to make these prepay electronic passes. Since 2012 every city in the state uses the unified system.

Everyday i see more and more of this.

The fuck is happening?

Defiance to Trump's election.

it's pretty bad

Here's a map.

Orange and green routes go through conventional bus stops and end at the terminals where the passenger can board other busses there.
Red and blue routes only stop at the tubes and they have their own dedicated roadways, you can board as many busses as you want with one passage as long as you don't leave the tubes or terminals.

>Alagoas

That explains.

The appeared way before US elections.

>Maceió, Alagoas
Hold tight there user.

It is obviously a joke because Trump denies Global Warming and that car is nature-friendly.

I know.

I guess because now in São Paulo eletric and hybrids are tax free, they're becoming common between taxi drivers.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

weab transport

>São Paulo eletric and hybrids are tax free
I didn't know that. Pretty rad and necessary.

in theory they will have their own lanes and that kind of stuff. Some people is against, but I think it looks kind of cool. It will pretty much be like a cheaper tram. The main downside is that they will have to remove lanes from some main streets, rebuild roundabouts, redesign many stops, etc.

quatrorodas.abril.com.br/noticias/com-isencao-de-impostos-carros-eletricos-poderao-custar-ate-30-menos/

If you are a hardcore weeb, please don't read this.
Japan is not the promised land, it's a regular shithole with people puking inside the trains, whores, and people that smells like shit and trash. And every train in this city reeks of alcohol after 9 or 10pm.

Taxi

Your bullet train system is amazing tho.

But i can't deny that the normal ones on rush hour are literally hell.

Trams are pretty nice desu

Metro

Choo choo indeed.

Counterpoint: After living in San Francisco, Japan actually does seem like the promised land, by comparison.

The puking, whores, and people who smell like shit are significantly less. Also, fewer people having psychotic episodes in the train, and fewer homeless people sleeping in the stations/begging for money.

Trains

For the residential areas.

Curitiba masterrace.

D A L L A S
A
L
L
A
S

>dedicated bus lanes

Y E S
E
S

This will never happen here in Dallas. The transit planners are too obsessed with their shitty light rail system.

u copy

I use these in Cities: Skylines.

I heard that lots of accidents happened with those trams.

No u.

I visited CDMX in August. Those metrobuses looked cozy, but I didn't get a chance to ride them.

I'm not sure about that, but the problem here is the same everywhere: trams/light rail are more expensive than BRTs and don't provide any additional benefits in any way. It's made worse by our transit authority's need to absurdly large and expensive stations, which only adds to the already high costs, thereby limiting the growth of the system to areas where "landmark stations" will look nice, but not get any ridership. Our light rail has grown greatly in length (longest light rail in USA now) but its ridership has been steady for about a decade or so.

It's funny to read this since people are always asking for light rail/metro here.

holy shit. i used to ride that cubao - stalucia everytime i go home from uni

all sorts of trains and busses
youtube.com/watch?v=bmlP_WeAnAE

Underground metro is great and totally worth it if your city can afford it. Light rail is not.

The capital of the free world experiments with a streetcar.

They are fun to ride when they go fast and you are in the back

it's called tram

America runs the world. It's a streetcar.

Europe runs the trams
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tram_and_light_rail_transit_systems