So you guyes seriously didn't like this?

So you guyes seriously didn't like this?

Cringy diologue aside... i thought the dark theme was really good

they always manage to mess up Doom tho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3Eb0lfjyv0
youtube.com/watch?v=y1NybfI45lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does the thing have feet?

youtube.com/watch?v=A3Eb0lfjyv0

>Fantfourstic

>dark themes
after spending time actually reading the reviews on Rottentomatoes I have concluded that the critics do not like dark themes.

They praise the capeshit that has "bright colors" "uplifting moods" and "feelgood conclusion" and condemn the ones that are "too dark" "too unrelenting" "too brutal"
It doesn't matter which movie you pick, you can find such praise and such criticism depending on the style.

Since most Sup Forums fans are plebs who take the credit score as the evidence of what they can enjoy or not, they will not like your dark capeshit because the critics told them not to like it.

critic score*

that poster has some of the worst photoshop ever
fucking deviant art

youtube.com/watch?v=y1NybfI45lg

proof of what I said, this is the consensus on fantastic four, notice the buzzwords.

>Critics Consensus: Dull and downbeat, this Fantastic Four proves a woefully misguided attempt to translate a classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.

Translation:
>too dark
>not enough uplifting moods
>not enough good feelings
its like this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The tone clashes with the material. F4 are as campy as they come, yet they're trying to pull a Dark Knight here (mixed with a little Cronenberg) and it just doesn't work.

Plus the complete lack of a second act and the underwhelming end fight were just horrid.

I did like The Thing though, needed pants but otherwise what I'd expect from a rock monster. Flaming Nigger calling him "The Thing that nobody wanted" was way too fucking harsh though.

Also Doom's Hallway sequence should have been Andrew's re-intro in Chronicle 2.

dawwwwwwwww

It was too gritty, realistic gritty wouldve been cool, but it was that "look at how gritty I am" gritty.

Also the whole "need the suits to control our power" was stupid.

Surprisingly enough, i liked Flaming Nigger

The Thing was Boss

Invisichick looked yummy

i wouldnt mind a sequel with same cast.... we get to see how richards gets his grey streaks?... the Giant 4 on the Baxter Building?

No more Doom tho... id guess

They're a family first, explorers second and superheroes third.

Hollywood can't seem to grasp this easy concept.

>this easy concept.
*simple concept

This makes sense though....

If it wasnt for the suit holding him together, Richards would just be a squid out of water

No, idiot.
>(...)woefully misguided attempt to translate a classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.
>classic comic series without the humor, joy, or colorful thrills that made it great.
He was referring to the campy tone of the original comic that the movie failed to translate.
Just see picrelated or read an actual Fantastic Four comic, compare it with this failed attemp to cash on the dark and gritty Nolan crap.

Ehhh, granted I havent read many comics, but im fairly certain he didnt need a suit in the comics.

Plus at the end he kinda gets control of his body without the suit because of the power of "plot"

>that image
Lordy.

>no idiot
>guy clearly says its not joyful, and uplifting enough
>proceeds to explain why it was "too dark" by showing a joyful shitty comic cover
are you actually retarded or what?
Why you think it was too dark is irrelevant, the fact is your complaint is always "too dark" "not enough feelgood" "not enough bright colors"

You're just trying to justify why they repeat themselves, but it doesn't disprove the fact that they always do.

it was 100% shit, unwatchable

this post has been declared weak bait

BY ORDER OF THE PEAKY BLINDERS

Yeah. They it would be seemingly easy to pull off. Just focus on something the Hollywood writers have been for a longer time, and just add the"super" to it.

That was just a pay check for her. She probably didn't read the script either and just memorized her lines.

This film is pleb filter

That scene in the poster never actually happens in the movie.

>guy clearly says its not joyful, and uplifting enough
Referring to the comic book obvously, never comparing it to a MCU flick.

It's a great pleb filter.
It's one of the best superhero movies.

He looks like he is 47. You can't hide those lizard man jew genes.

LOL