/megaprojects/

post megaprojects

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20160812-the-giant-pyramid-hidden-inside-a-mountain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_the_Soviets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Atlantropa

why does it look chopped? was it taller?

Shit would have been crazy if it ever actually happened.

There's obviously been some damage to the structure, pictured is how the church at the top looks today.

bbc.com/future/story/20160812-the-giant-pyramid-hidden-inside-a-mountain

this would be a world marvel if it didnt look so mountain-like

Meh, we do have Chichen Itza. The really cool thing about Cholula is much of the mistery behind it, there's still a lot of work to be done on Mesoamerican archaelogy.

Pictured was until recently the highest suspension bridge in the world, it joins our states of Durango and Sinaloa.

chichen itza alone is less impressive

The Cholula pyramid might be the biggest one in volume in the world, but there is a discussion if it is 100% man made or if they took a hill and started to cover it with stones and make it grow from there.

Maybe if the EU had made more shit like this and less 300 manuals of how to fill the requirements to import toilet paper the story could have been different...

all of this is underground?

is it possible that there are bigger unkonwn pyramids?

>wanting to dry up the Mediterranean

Some of it, prehispanic people used to perform renewal or "rebirth" ceremonies every 60 years or so and build a new pyramid on top of the old one, like some kind of matryoshka or a cake but with much more ritual human sacrifices.

This can be observed much better in the "Templo Mayor" in the center of Mexico City.

What's this? Please enlighten me? Also who the guy is? Are you still building it? Or it was abandoned?

Palace of the Soviets. The guy on the building is Lenin. No, it remained just a project of huge commie megalomania.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_the_Soviets

After looking at this pic, I am very glad it didn't happen.

>tfw no irl moria

Judging by the arches, this is Roman
Was this real? Did it exist somewhere?

dont think its real, just an architects wild dream like the cenotaph to newton

Impressive

>drying up the mediteranean
besides, Europe and Africa are on 2 different tectonic plates, tunnels can't be constructed and bridges would have to be made elastic somehow (interesting challenge tbf).

And it's not a bright idea in regards to immigration too

Altanteuropa was basically come up with by Nazi larpers so I think they believed that they´d have either civilised the berbers (many considered them aryan anyway) or wiped them out, and come up with some means to keep the groids out. Probably they´d just drive them into the fields of the irrigated sahara to work, but of course then there´d be a real problem of the rising tide of colour.

I didn´t know that you can´t build tunnels through different tectonic plates, fucking voodoo.

Poland will have Hyperloop before California.