When did you realize the Critics were wrong?

When did you realize the Critics were wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/04/17/exclusive-interview-with-zack-snyder-director-of-batman-vs-superman/#741dcc1f3dcc
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/01/interview-zack-snyder-discusses-themes-behind-batman-v-superman/#72d351214df6
slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ficEDs6WmhE
ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>h-hey guys, I know we've scraped the bottom of the barrel with this flick, but I'm g-gonna make another BvS thread

Jesus Christ. I'm not even exaggerating right now, but this board makes me physically sick. I can feel a huge migraine every time some fucking faggot decides to dredge up another superhero thread. I come here to talk about fun and interesting cinema, but shit-stains like you ever do is fuck about and make capeshit threads. I've been to Tumblr blogs and even subreddits, fucking subreddits, and had better discussions about films than I have on this miserable piece of shit board.

The raging autistic fanboyisms of Sup Forums, the narcistic elitist swagger of Sup Forums, the self loathing hatred of /r9k/ and the downright abhorrent media worship of Sup Forums: all of this website's fucking cancer, all concentrated into one single board. Kill yourself OP. Just do society a favour and go fucking die!

>I've been to tumblr blogs

>and even subreddits

Oh it shows.

Critics were good before YouTube personalities and tumblr

But for me it was Iron Man. Saw it had a 94 when it came out, back when that meant something. Dropped RT right then and there, haven't looked back.

And I didn't even really hate Iron Man. Thought it was a pretty generic action movie. But a 94? Absurd.

>In b4 I don't know how RT works

I understood how it worked literally the first time I viewed the website.

>I've been to Tumblr blogs and even subreddits, fucking subreddits, and had better discussions about films than I have on this miserable piece of shit board.

Only retards come here for proper film discussion. Sup Forums is for shitposting.

>I understood how it worked literally the first time I viewed the website.

Yeah right

>falling for a copypasta

>Only retards come here for proper film discussion.
Oh you mean like

Rotten tomatoes has lost so much credibility over this.

i haven't yet. when there will be an hd torrent? it's been MONTHS

Guardians Of The Galaxy = 91%
Furiosa Road = 97%

never again

>using Internet your parents pay for to break the law.

You at least help with rent, right?

>tfw all the shitposting in the world won't make BvS a good movie
Also check these digits.

Stay mas dcuck

the second the movie started. Literally every critic and Sup Forums BTFO at the same time

>Marvel has literal cuckold imagery
>DC uses a white male as the US president in the current year
>Marvel calls DC cucked

????

critics know more than you.

The minute I realized this isn't just some dumb action movie.

About halfway through it, once I started realizing where things were headed. At the same time, I also realized how badly I'd misjudged MoS.

Why do you care about what the Critics think? It's just a movie

Haven't seen it yet

>spending the one life you get writing "critical analysis" of movies

your cucking yourself by enjoying shit movies

>You will soon be able to marathon Watchmen (directors cut), Man of Steel, and BvS (directors cut)

Brb kino overdose

>tfw shitposting about BvS being shit won't stop the disscussions and it being good.

I knew critics were wrong the moment I saw the most symbolic Batman backstory ever made and how they matched the Zod fight with Bruce rushing to the Wayne building.

>critics know more than you

sure they do

>defending shit movies

lmao

Those are good too.

I mean, you're on Sup Forums posting .gifs of shitty youtubers

I love how rotten tomatoes is literally the only argument people have for shitting on this movie.

On first viewing.
This movie shook me like a ragdoll feom the opening.

>image.jpg

the movie was literal shit

*from

When superman saw the missile approaching and immediately got the situation, and chose to nearly sacrifice himself to stop a monster born from his decision to kill another man.

>Disneykid on his last legs

>ad-hominem

never reply to me ever again.

I really liked this film and cannot wait for Ultimate Edition.

that's still better than being a movie critic

Critics are never always wrong or always right. You would just let other people decide things for you if that were the case.

However, BvS is utter shit. They weren't wrong to trash this film.

When I saw Man of Steel

Seriously though, can someone without using memes explain to me why bvs was bad?

Your mother's a whore.

That's extremely rude and uncalled for

When I saw the score for the oldboy remake

The main idea behind superman is hes capable of doing exactly what he thinks right no matter what the rest of the world thinks. Humanity can't stop him, can't control him, can't influence him, all they can do is sit and watch. He has no reason to take politics, slander, or imprisonment seriously, because hes a literal god.

Snyder's superman doesn't seem to recognize this. And, instead, just mopes around uselessly, then gets more upset when people don't love him for moping around uselessly.

Did she hate Watchmen, too?

Snyders superman hasn't even become superman.

In bvs he's still struggling with what his faggot dad taught him, that doing nothing is the best option. Also superman hates the god worship

and likely he'll never get over that, because snyder doesn't seem to understand that superman is not doctor manhattan.

but hey, literal drooling retard.

>Snyders superman hasn't even become superman.
>
>In bvs he's still struggling with what his faggot dad taught him, that doing nothing is the best option.

>year and a half since MoS
>still acts like this

That's my main problem with the the presentation, how can have that swell of hope and wonder that is hinted at in moS' ending but in the sequel it's like the worst possible situation came out of it.

the answer is let's skip Man of Steel 2/Man of Tomorrow and force some shitty conflict with Batman, people LOVE batman!

>dad says to never help people ever
>clark never has a teenage rebellion phase

so is snyder's superman literally retarded? Like stuck at a preadolescent phase of development, incapable of learning anything that wasn't hammered into him by the dumbest pa kent possible?

when they said it was amazing

You do realize that over the vast majority of their existences, both Superman and the Justice League are deputized in their home country and recognized by the U.N., right?

The power to act unilaterally is no reason to believe you should. Him acting on no one's recognizance but his own is one of the main points of the movie. One of the reasons he's shown to be doing so is that he's been pushing ahead not seeking to establish any sort of dialogue with the people he's protecting and establishing any sort of public voice and persona in an effort to outrun his own guilt.

When viewed in that light, he's not only worried about the growing amount of worship and adulation he's shown to be receiving, I happen to think that he doesn't even feel worthy of it in the first place.

>ITT headcannon rewrites and high-school symbolism

I didn't.

and that's fucking stupid. clark/superman has the ability to let his actions speak for him. Yet he mopes around and fucks around with local politicians for literal reasons.

He has the ability to do enough good in a small enough timeframe that it doesn't matter what people say/think about him. But snyder just doesn't get this, and just acts like superman would be superbummed about having superpowers.

Hey, here's some interviews if you're interested in revisiting your opinion of the man.

Forbes interviews
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/04/17/exclusive-interview-with-zack-snyder-director-of-batman-vs-superman/#741dcc1f3dcc

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/01/interview-zack-snyder-discusses-themes-behind-batman-v-superman/#72d351214df6

And here's the Sucker Punch short he addresses in one of the above articles.

Sucker Punch
slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch/

I happen to think he represents himself and speaks to the subject matter and his intentions with it fairly well for a "drooling retard." but maybe that's just me.

That's nice.

None if it is actually in any of his movies.

What is Spiderman 1-3, and The Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2? What is the first Hulk movie that was god awful?

and you don't get clark, at least as he's presented in the movie, all while ignoring the shit that directly happens to him and some of the indirect things that happen because of him.

do you know what moping is
a guy who's being active towards all his goals until something happens that puts it all in question and seeks solitude for possible answers isn't moping

He is by far the best capeshit director in Hollywood. Snyder and Nolan have done the only capeshit films actually worth watching.

Singer is pretty good too, I will say. Vaughn is okay but overrated and the Russo brothers are meh at best.

Where they wrong about the WOW movie too?

Uh, yea, when you're superman, stoping being superman because someone else caused a ton of damage is kinda being a mopey cunt.

Different rules for literal gods, ya know.

I agree, we should have gotten mos 2 instead of bvs but the superman presented in bvs is a jaded one.

>he sees the fanaticism
>he sees the criticism
>he begins to question whether or not his father was right all along

Nolan made one good batman movie and snyder has made a number of good trailers.

Not made by Marvel.

Also why are you talking like a retard?

You see that corkboard in the security guard's basement? Dozens of newsworthy things Supes had been up to over that year and a half. It's great that he's doing those things, but by remaining aloof from the attention as he certainly appears to be, it just does more to foster the image of this mysterious "man in the sky" come to solve all our problems.

In my opinion, that's one of the reasons Lex bombing the Senate hearing was so important. Clark was ready to stop dodging the hard questions and face some of his guilt over the consequences of his past actions, but Lex was able to snatch that away from him because Clark feels so guilty, he can't even bring himself to look at Wally, knowing that for all he managed to stop during the Battle of Metropolis, he's part of the reason that Wally's in that chair.

>oh no, i'm being criticized by people I haven't helped
>oh god, the people I have helped are worshiping me
>IMMA GO LISTEN TO LINKIN PARK

This is not the proper reaction for a literal god.

Superman just got out of a fight that leveled an entire city and killed thousands of people. It is not as though he trained to do this, he was hiding for most of his life as a regular human being and now he became responsible for thousands of deaths.

The crisis of his character is that he is still just a farmer's son from Kansas. He doesn't want to be a unilateral force with absolutely no accountability because he has seen what that costs. Just because most people worship him doesn't mean that he can ignore those that despise him. He is torn between the two because as Superman, he is trying to do what is right even though it isn't always clear cut.

>dozens
>in years

Why so little? The point snyder is missing about superman is he doesn't need to rest.

The second I saw it, f a m.

Video is a mashup of Both Metropolis viewpoints: Zod vs Supes, and Batman vs Collateral Damage.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ficEDs6WmhE

Fanboys want a Gary Stu wish-fulfillment Superman so they're upset that Snyder gave them an actually compelling character that faces meaningful adversity.

Don't know. Haven't seen it.

>He's not a god
>He was never even a man

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I'd have preferred another stand-alone Superman movie with some nice world-building in it before we moved into this one.

>It is not as though he trained to do this,
Hes not exactly training himself to do it either.

and yes, the problem is mostly pa kent's bullshit. Because pa kent was the most worse-than-useless son of a bitch he could possibly be. But, of course, the end of MoS basically indicated he started as superman and he'd get over pa kent's useless bullshit eventually. Which, of course, isn't showing any sign of happening. Ever.

no, him wondering if he was doing any good at all was him actually caring about how he affects the world.

you're actually addressing clarks explicit central struggles in the movie. all while sounding like someone who might've been on an interview during the movie

18 months, to be precise. Not everything a cop does on a daily basis makes the papers, either.

" . . . Every time your hero saves a cat out of a tree, you write a puff piece editorial about an alien who, if he wanted to, could burn the whole place down. There wouldn't be a damn thing we can do to stop it."

The point here is that he *has* been trying to let his actions speak for him. It isn't enough. It never was and it never could be. Superman without a public voice is just edging dangerously closer to godhood, and that's why I believe a portion of his next appearance and subsequent film will be devoted to him establishing that one remaining missing piece of what Superman is, the thing that the Batman, by virtue of his very nature, can never be: a public figure.

I just watched it for the first time a few days ago. It's pretty good.

They tried to make a comic book movie for adults though which is kind of an oxymoron.

You know what I find kind of funny about folks who are so eager to dismiss any and all comic book movies as juvenile fare? They forget that comics are part of a larger genre, especially when it comes to the real cape types - science fiction and fantasy.

Hands down, the best, most interesting of those dual genres don't put their primary focus on world-building. Instead, they drill down onto one fantastical element, whether it's a new tech, a new discovery, whatever, then run the simulation on how society would react to said thing. That's essentially what MoS and BvS are doing, with a heaping helping of universe-building thrown into the mix as well.

>Instead, they drill down onto one fantastical element, , then run the simulation on how society would react to said thing

that's precisely why people done been triggered
and precisely why i'm into it more than the holy source material and donner apocrypha
precisely why it has all those the... details within it too

Speed Racer.
Then I saw BvS and realized they can still be right.

>donner apocrypha

Funny you should mention that. I've been saying since the initial "not muh Lex!" reaction came back on Eisenberg's performance that if there had been an internet in the 70s, fanboys would have been pissing and moaning about Hackman's Lex being a conman with delusions of grandeur hiding out in an abandoned subway plotting his real estate scheme.

Don't misunderstand - I loved the Donner films, but they're not the same kind of movie, nor should they be looked on as holy writ.

>hahahaha only RT's opinion matters.

ive always disagreed on little thing here and there w/ a lot of critics. but star wars the force awakens was such a piece of shit. it really opened my eyes.

>When did you realize the Critics were wrong?

>should they be looked on as holy writ
they are
look at the response synder gets and compare it to the responses that religious groups give things
no difference, which makes the irony of their complaints about snyder so satisfying

The point, the problem, the core issue, is silver (or any) era superman could have started off in the snyderverse, where batman gets raped in prison, and after a short period of superman being superman, he could've dragged that world kicking and screaming into jimmy-olsen-ville. So, at this point, either snyder is retarded and doesn't realize this, or snyder realizes this and, therefore, needs superman to stay retarded so he can keep intact his universe where batman gets raped in prison.

in case the thread's gone before i get back i'd also like to say that
even if we can say for certain that snyder hasn't stuck his landings
his moves big and small are the right ones in keeping with the character places in the world as it is today

batman hasn't been raped in prison, so everything else you're saying is wrong by default

After I saw it and remembered what a pile of dogshit Age of Ultron was in comparison

Out-of-context quote in 5, 4, 3, 2, . . .

>JUST BECAUSE SNDYER SUMMARIZED HIS UNIVERSE WITH THE PHRASE "BATMAN RAPED IN PRISON" DOESN'T MEAN DATS WHAT HIS UNIVERSE IS

I guess I just feel stupid for trying to talk seriously about the problems with zack snyder with people who are clearly trolling.

Great films!

Here's the full interview, complete with 100% more context!

ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder

Now go and sin no more.

Lot of things. Top of my head: Louis was throw around the movie to trigger the fucking plot like fucking magic.
>GUYS I NEED AN HELICOPTER
>M8, we are a fucking news paper
>lol kidding we have that
>Also you know exaclty were they are and you can probably get there unharmed right?
>OF COURSE BOSS
>Later: MARTHA (instead of something more logic to say like: Lex Luthor kidnapped my fucking mother)
>Louis of course is in time to say: IS HIS MOTHER
>HURR MY 3DEEP5U SYMBOLISM
>Except it's just a word game, literally.
Could go on but you get the idea, fuck head.

When I realized all this circus is simply a reenactment of The Fountainhead

>Yet another disguised shilling thread for bvs bluray