ITT: times Scaruffi was right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=88zQ_sf6BMg
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70067936
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all the time, like these digits

>A higher score than Scaruffi gave anything by Kate Bush, David Sylvian, Genesis, The Beach Boys, or the Beatles

>Same score he gave King Crimson - Red
>.5 points higher than Pet Sounds

Jesus fucking Christ, Scaruffi.

youtube.com/watch?v=88zQ_sf6BMg

He's right tho.
Witch House was the pinnacle of music.

He isn't.
UNLESS he gave Herbie Hancock a 10/10

kys drake lewis

That song isn't even on king night though :^)

he literally hasn't gotten around to giving number scores to any but a handful of jazz, r&b, or soul artists

>literally nothing for Marvin Gaye
>literally nothing for Herbie Hancock
>probably Kero Kero Bonito will get a score before Whitney Houston does

He gave a 7 to What's Going On, but it appears on the bet of year list instead of the artist's page

Fuck off weenposter.

>literally nothing for Herbie
He's just scared of giving too many 10s

well at least Marvin Gaye's career-defining album *almost* rivaled Salem's, lol

>Genesis
This in particular pisses me off. He only gave Foxtrot a fucking 6, the same fucking score as the White Album and one point below fucking Abbey Road.

based scaruf

EVERY time

He was right about Faust
right about Can

>As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

>Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

always

90% of the times, tbqhnst

name 1 (one) reviewer 100% consistent with their scores

i'll wait

why are you caring about one guy's opinion?
because he's heard a lot of music?
great, so has everyone else on this board
it's one guy's opinion. just because he likes/doesn't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't like it.
Jesus christ I hate this board sometimes

Me desu

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70067936

All memes aside, Scaruffi's a pretty cool guy. Eh reviews albums and doesnt afraid of anything.

scruffy is right lot of times desu, should review more hip hop tho

my album desu

Hey there Scaruffi