What went so right?

What went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMInqyumZ3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the ring

Prime Jackson. Lots of talent, lots of money.

They took the time to do it right

Compared to the hobbit that was a rushed mess

No niggers

Fuck you cat and whatnot

Tasteful CGI
No rush
Good cast

>Compared to the hobbit that was a rushed mess
Didn't the studio only give Jackson a few months for pre-production, compared the the year and a half(?) for LOTR? No wonder it turned out so horrible.

F

3 years vs 3 months of pre-production. It shows.

Jesus. There's a video somewhere of Jackson saying he was basically winging the whole thing.

Everything.

>ywn live in Middle Earth

jdimsa

time had little to do with it. They just tried to stretch the source material out and cram unrelated shit into it to cash in on three movies instead of one. So it's full of pointless video game action scenes which made the whole story lose impact, emotion and meaning.

pretty known cast but not unknown enough to doom the picture.
great directing and special effects.
basing it off the prime influence of fantasy
lighthearted enough to be fun but gets darker on as you watch.
its perfect.

Was before the sjw cancer spreads too much so, no need of "diverse characters" like tauriel. Good times.

It stayed fairly loyal to the source material and didn't add unneeded shit in.
The hobbit could have been a comfy masterpiece as a duo of 2.5 hour movies.

>tauriel

True story, in Sindarin this means "cheap whore." Jackson knew

bakana

ONLY WHITE PEOPLE FIGHTING DARK ORCS

the trailer to the first movie looked so good, too

I remember watching the making of leading up to the release being so hyped.
seeing the shire again, and how they made the houses actually houses was beautiful. too bad about the movies.

can u not

not risking it, but fuck you cunt

fuk u

no senpai

>shitposting in a LotR thread

F

top kek

It was made before the dark age.

damn

Time was a huge factor.
Most things seem to be super rushed in hollywood. They don't care about quality, only the profit overall.
If a shitty movie that takes 6 months to create makes as much as an amazing movie that takes 3 years to create, which do you think will get green lit?

Fuck u

I can never figure out which one I love most of these 3 pics

:(

>All lotr art for the next 5,000,000 years will be based on imagery and designs from the movies

Kind of sucks senpai

F

Any more like these? I want to make custom covers for my Extended Editions and the first one looks good but it doesn't fit disk cases.

I have some good hi def screen caps. Anything specific?

Don't do this.

One from each movie I guess, I haven't seen them in years so I can barely distinguish them. I really wanted to for Hobbitton (like what you just posted) for Fellowship, but none of the art I've seen clicked with me, I don't know why. Thanks for doing this man

Is the LotR Trilogy the most universally liked work(s) of film on Sup Forums?

This desu
/thread

phew

fuck you

fuk u

Made by good filmmakers who were also fans of the book and really did care. I know Jackson gets a lot of flack, especially after The Hobbit, but him, Walsh and the others really did care about The Lord of the Rings. It was a passion project and they were incredibly humbled to have been funded for it.

Yes. If you consider the fanbase that Drive gets as mere autistic shitposting

Too bad about The Hobbit. I feel like that trilogy tarnished the memory of the Lotr trilogy. Wish it was never made.

Fuck u

your mother sucks dwarf cock?

Have you damn reply

I think it enhanced it. It made us realize how difficult it is to make good fantasy films, and how it could have easily been shit. The Hobbit made me see how every single aspect of LotR was perfect (casting, music, cinematography, costume design, etc etc etc)

f u

pls no originalio commentio

>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name... you must discover for yourself. Legolas! Your mother loved you.

>runs away from home
>only to represent the Mirkwood elves at the council of Elrond

not cool, fella

Pretty much everything. They put a huge amount of money and resources into these movies, and it shows.

niggerkid

K

F

fellowship of the ring is just perfect - it really draws you into the world, as you go on a journey across middle earth, it feels real and gritty

didn't like the second two as much because there are too many battle scenes but that's not the film's fault

all the CGI is spot on as well in the fellowship, like the balrog scene

the nazgul and uruk hai, the two main enemies are also genuinely frightening and seem like real threats, and there is no reliance on over the top action scenes

also the soundtrack and sound effects are GOAT.

The last hour of ROTK just keeps punching you in the gut with emotions.

>"but it is not this day"

>"never thought i'd die fighting side by side with an elf"
>"how about with a friend?"
>"aye. that i can do"

>"i can't carry it for you. but i can carry you!"

>merry and pippin leading the charge

>"my friends, you bow to no one"

>frodo saying goodbye to his friends

Probably some I'm forgetting as well.

I'm just now realizing this and one more are the only ones I have that aren't from Fellowship

one thing that annoys me is elijah wood whenever he screams or shouts

sounds like such a lil bitch

>fly you fools

what did he mean by this?

who /comfyfeels/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=RMInqyumZ3I

Well fuck you senpai.

Nigger

dam,,,,

F

Nasmith can't draw characters for shit but his landscapes are god-tier.

great thread mate

POO IN LOO
POO IN LOO
POO IN LOO

Name a better trilogy, no, a better movie than any one of the first three movies

The great thing about Fellowship, which is my favorite, is if you haven't seen it in a long time you forget how fucking long it is but it doesn't drag at all.

First you think
>oh yeah it ends right when frodo reaches Rivendell with that big climactic chase
>Oh right...council of elrond
>Oh shit Boromir we got a LONG way to go
>Right, it ends sometime after they set out
>OH FUCK Moria, of course, jesus I'm retarded
>Ok now it ends once they get out
>Wait...oh shit Galadriel how did I forget all this stuff, when does this movie end I've been watching all afternoon
>Ok right after Galadriel it ends
>Wait...FUCK Boromir still has to die
>Ok, now he's dead it's over
>Nope, still 20 minutes to go
>Think I somehow popped in the entire trilogy on one disc
>ends in the mountains

I mean fuck, the movie just keeps going.

His ASOIAF stuff is the only non autistic or shit representation of that world.

The nigger nigs nig but nig nigs nigger?

Do you think Sam and Frodo had sex on their journey?

Sam topped

Most of the actors are white and no coons whatsoever

Woman detected

If you recall, Frodo says all the borderline gay shit. Sam wants that THICCCC chick in the shire.

I think when we had it on DVD I always thought it ended after Moria since it was two discs and the other was a bit busted.

Seeing Amon Hen and Lothlorien years later was weird.

no orks reproduce through fungi. they have no sex drive.

>Sam and Frodo
>orcs

that's why wear green all the time so that they can hide their greenskins. they are short orks.

He meant run

Anyone who wonders why they didn't rise the Eagles, doesn't realize how little the Eagles wanted to help even Gandalf lol. They didn't have to do anything. Gwaihir the windlord would've been just great and fine up in the eagle peaks, not even nazgul would've been able to get to them. Not raging I just always wondered why people said this when it was pretty clear that the Eagles didn't want much to do with anything

Mean

Fuck you faggot, here's your reply

Not to mention that the Eye would've seen the Eagles coming from fucking miles away.