How is the man in the high castle?

How is the man in the high castle?

American/merchant propaganda.

> dude, Nazis were evil, xD

Pretty Good 7/10

Interesting concept and Amazon gave it a good budget but the leads just aren't interesting or well acted at all. A disappointment overall.

cool concept but the 2 leads are fucking stupid and everything is overdramatic like a soap opera

based dj qualls tho

he's fine, thanks for asking

It's boring, and the main characters are dumb as fuck.

The story is not good.

this thread is about the show, not the book

Honestly....boring. I love the premise, but it feels super super slow because so much of it is fluff

Makes me want to gas every naziboos and weaboos

the two nazi guys (the two middle aged guys, not the young faggot) are by far the most likable characters, so prepare yourself for that shit

what this guy said.

That's a weird picture to save

A disappointing adaptation. The book was so focused on what was happening in the heads of the characters, I don't think it was possible to put it on screen.

nice spy kino
still overdemonizing nazis , pictured as no logical pure evils

will there be season 2?

POO
IN
LOO

that picture really makes you think

Literally me every day

Oyy veyy another shoah

Excellent

Rufus Sewell is the only watchable character/actor on the show.

The sets are a weird cartoony/cgi mix

The story is just boring. Its like the writers spent an afternoon browsing /pol and stormfront and thats how all germans

Stayed in for whole 1st season but i wont be back

You've not seen the show, one of the best and most relatable characters is the fucking US Obergruppenführer.

I agree with the others about the two main characters being really boring though. The woman is insufferable. I hope the second season focuses more on the Japanese Trade Minister and the Obergruppenführer

Good show, weak ending. I think a much more interesting story could have been told in the setting, but what we got wasn't bad. The girl and her boyfriend weren't well executed characters but the Nazis characters were good and the Japanese were interesting.

Why would they allow a neutral zone to exist between Japan and Germany? Wouldn't that just be a hotbed for terrorists and enemies of the state?

To stop border friction. That said it is a hotbed of resistance, like most 'neutral' zones

Yeah it's stupid, don't know how this was allowed to exist in the story. Neutral zones the size of small countries don't exist in the real world obviously.

I've watched this show and I'm just so confused.

Who is the man in the high castle?

Who is creating these videos and why?

It's still a mystery

the main characters are all quite uninteresting and small compared to the grand presence and charisma of the german and japanese ones. They make the show worth watching

One of the best shows currently being made.

Bold concept, politically-incorrect, high production values, original idea, incredibly tense and suspenseful action, etc.

If you like history or alternate-history even remotely, you will love this.

I enjoyed the fact the Nazi's aren't pantomime baddies. Hell even the Heydrich coup plot felt more like an ambitious political thriller rather than some sort of evil empire bogey man thing.

>All these faggots calling The Man in High Castle "boring"

I don't often use the word "pleb", but holy shit, this is the plebbist shit I have ever seen.
If your attention-span is too fucking short for a thriller like this, you're a lost-cause.

>Wouldn't that just be a hotbed for terrorists and enemies of the state?

Did you not watch the show?
The Neutral Zone is heavily patrolled by Axis agents, many of them being undercover.

I can't even fathom how retarded the premise is. 2 wee tiny countries with wee tiny populations overtaking the actual land of the USA through brute force.It'd be like Rhode Island trying to take over Mexico.

It's still a mystery.

"The Man in the High Castle" may not be a literal person in a literal place.

It may be a code-name.

Confirmed for not watching the show. Normies rooted for Hitler in this show. Fuck off shitposter.

The main characters were boring but secondaries were great especially Rufus Sewell's character.

>what is snowballing power?
>what is a bloodless coup?
>what is an economic depression leading to the collapse of military prominence?
>what is a technology gap?
>what are thermonuclear weapons?

You have a very limited understanding of history, politics and science.

considering how the first season ended, im hoping they stick to the book

500 Spanish people overthrew the entire Aztec Empire.

Pretty sure Rhode Island could take Mexico

It's also full of niggers, Jews and homos the Nazis don't seem to give a shit about at all.

>ending
that was only season 1 you tard. its based on a series of novels

Germany won the Atomic race and nuked Washington DC.

There was also a massive home-grown fascist rebellion that didn't happen in real life where hordes of American Nazi Party members were kicking the shit out of United States supporters before World War II even broke out.

Gave it four episodes, it didn't hook me. Which I found surprising given the actors they have in it, but whatever.

I'm not opposed to slow builds or giving shows a chance, I just find if something hasn't grabbed me by E4 it's not going to so I move on to something else.

FWIW it took Spartacus and The Expanse until E4 to get me on board, I can forgive a lot as long as they start doing something. The build with Man In The High Castle was so slow I just couldn't bring myself to watch another ep. For all I know E5 was balls to the wall awesome but I consider ~4 hours enough of a chance to get me on board for any form of media if it ever will.

This. It's a dumping ground for people they don't want, but aren't worth killing.

It's no easier to conduct Resistance-related business there either, considering how many spies are everywhere.

You'd probably be better off doing it in a low-population area controlled by either Axis power.

The nails that stick up are the ones that get hammered down.

>wee tiny countries with wee tiny populations
population of germany in 1939: 80 million
population of japan in 1939: 73 million
population of usa in 1939: 132 million

how is that too wee tiny exactly????

That's not the dumbest scenario in history, the US immediately surrendering after DC getting nuked obviously mirrors Japan's instant surrender after Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

The only thing I can't figure out is why the fuck the Germans gave the West Coast away for free

...for a WOMAN

XD

>Germany's population hasn't grown in 80 years
sheeeit

>ywn live in an america free of jews and niggers

Yeah its almost like Germany in 1939 also had the entire population of Austria and the Czech republic and also parts of Prussia

he didn't save it, he made it

Americas, especially then was a few coastal cities.

You've clearly never been to the west coast, that was brilliant foresight on the Nazi's part

>its based on a series of novels
ITT: no fact-checking

It's a single novel, not a very long one, and the show only takes themes and characters from it, while the plot is completely different.

North Dakota is one of the least racist places I have ever been... why is it part of the reich?

I liked it. 'The villains' are goat. More intesting than either of the protagonists. I just wanna watch smith doing nazi stuff, not the girl flipflopping on her deciion to help the resistance. AGAIN

Whether or not the place is racist has nothing to do with it. That's just how far the Nazis got inland before deciding it wasn't profitable to go on. The Reich is actually a lot bigger on this map than it seemed when I read the book.

Is the book worth reading?

hitler is the man in the high castle

I don't recall them being demonized. They only demonized japs, but japs are sick fuckers irl so im okay with that.

If you like Dick yeah

It has its moments but Time out of joint is better

>They only demonized japs
no they didn't, if anything japs weren't demonized enough.

I always get a kick out of having the Nazis Atom Bomb New York or Washington DC. they wouldn't nuke either of those just like how we didn't drop it on Tokyo.

You know who would get Bombed? Baltimore or Boston, maybe Philadelphia.

7.5/10 "would fight for nazism again"

2nd season when?

probably never ever

I liked the Disney Spinoff of the Future in San Francisco really dope.

HE DID NOTHING WRONG

>seriously I fucking love this guy. Hope he doesnt die

Later this year. I am dying to know where that asian guy ended up at the end if he was just dreaming or got some alternative reality vision

I'd love to see a movie version of this made; see how condensing it into a 3 hour epic would work or a trilogy.

This show's story is a gem. It has its cheesy moments but deserves way more praisw

it's slow but a decent watch. The main girl is qt but not a very interesting character

Terrible basically nazi propaganda the show

So its implied that some people...or just one person...can travel between universes/timelines.

All they've been doing is stealing fucking news reels and short films?

Obergruppenführer John Smith is reason enough to watch the show.

OY VEY

If Obergruppenführer John Smith were my dad things would be different around here..

Book was good, series was rubbish

The book is gold.

The show really wasn't very good. Hopefully it will be better in a following season.

Here's your ((((You)))), you filthy kike.

Don't kid yourself user, you'd just be a disappointment to him.

The reels document a history that never took place. Alternate worlds type shit.

Philip K. Dick was schizophrenic as fuck so everything deals with false realities.

I don't get it, why didn't they also conquer Mexico and Canada.
After the USA it should be a joke defeating them.

It's fucking retarded.

Tell that to Vietnam

Nobody wants mexico and Britain literally can't be invaded. This includes Canada at that point.

Smith, the trade minister and Rudolph, wouldn't mind if the show revolved around those 3

Really enjoyed it watching it as a "what if the Nazi's won" thing.
I thought the whole twist was that the Nazi's didn't really win the war, though. The Reich had fallen and they just conquered America or something and the tapes were of what actually happened and the people are being lied to that Germany won the war.

Then at the VERY end, dude time travel lmao and fucked up the entire show

I hope they don't make Smith the bad guy turned good, even though it seems likely. He's the perfect antihero in my opinion.

Rudolph was fucking based. I want a political drama with those 3

That actually makes sense. Everyone forgets how very pro-nazi America was before the propaganda really kicked into gear.

If Hitler knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have squandered it so badly before the war.

The book is quite enjoyable.

Struggled to make it though the first episode. Had no interest in watching anymore after that.

stay in school kids

>can't discuss this show because Sup Forums gets triggered
>muh Nazis dindu nuffin

They didn't even attempt to adapt the book at all. Just used the setting and some of the characters names.

>Who is creating these videos and why?

In the book version, it’s a guy who wrote an alt-history book and it’s suggested that he may or may not have physical access to alternate timelines while in the tv series, it’s a super-8 film that clearly shows someone has physical access to alternate timelines, as the events shown in the super-8 movie (D-Day Invasion, etc.) couldn’t have been faked with the technology of the time.

The book doesn't provide an explanation to the mystery, dunno how the tv series will deal with it?

> I can't even fathom how retarded the premise is.

How it’s possible for Germany and Japan to win WWII isn’t explained in detail by the author, as it really isn’t important, the story is all about the results of their victory.

Usually with an alt-history story, there is a single point of departure, (for example, Hitler dies as a baby) whereupon history after that changes but clearly Philip K. Dick went with multiple points of departure to get the setting he was looking for.