What the fuck is this kind of architecture? Where did Russia get it from?

What the fuck is this kind of architecture? Where did Russia get it from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Basil's_Cathedral#Architectural_style
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Byzantines

>Where did Russia get it from?

This probably

italians

Are you kidding me? Traditional Byzantine architecture doesn't have any of that crazy super-stylical shit to it. It's clearly unique to Russia.

It's sui generis
"Because the church has no analogues, in preceding, contemporary, or later architecture of Muscovy and Byzantine cultural tradition in general,[12] the sources that inspired Barma and Postnik are disputed."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Basil's_Cathedral#Architectural_style

Molesting children and invading Poland

I'm speaking strictly about the domes, the architecture. The colors and general art concept are russian innovations

>Where did Russia get it from?

Self made

Europe. Italy, to be precise. It has nothing to do with russian architecture.

Fuck, it so tasteless.
Is Tseretelly was an architect of that abomination?

From turko-mongols obviously

>those colors
ayyy

>italians
Nope. They built only Kremlin. St. Basil cathedral was built by russian architects
But even by russian standard it looks unusual.
Pic is an example of pre-petrine architecture

But the domes/towers look more like the ones mosques use. St. Basil's Cathedral unironically looks more Islamic than Hagia Sophia, which had been converted into a mosque before.

Pic related is what I have in mind when I think of Byzantine architecture in general, not that crazy looking cathedral.

Looks like a pair of butt plugs

Also dome-shaped mosques were invented by persians

Basil doesn't look so great, but this one looks like a fucking factory. Basil is at least very cool.

This. And people still believes that le Russia is le Europe.
Ha-ha, sure

No it wasn't. Everything, from decorations to brickwork, is distinctly Italian.

It is neo-byzantine style, byzantines had wider domes. Russians made them more slender and parabolic as well as adding more and coloring them.

Mosques look totally different as they're descended from Iranian architecture and were developed independently

its horrible

kitschy af

>St. Basil cathedral was built by russian architects
its hypothetical

also spb church inspired by

>Also dome-shaped mosques were invented by persians
Simply because persians were cucked by Islam before anyone else. Domes were common architectural element in whole eurasia

God, I fucking hate this european-inspired tacky shit.

>bending your knee to a desert god
Top kuk

It's eclectic you idiots, it borrowed from and was inspired by many sources, yes, it's got European, Byzantine and Asiatic influences, much like Russia itself. It's a unique, unusual work.

You sound like a teenager, tell us next about how dostoevsky and tolstoy were totally lame and boring

Walt Disney

>European, Byzantine and Asiatic influences
I bet you thought you looked so smart typing this. Russia has zero European influences and 'Asiatic influence' is a meaningless phrase, because there is no singular 'asiatic' culture. You dumb fuck.

>comparing Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy to a tasteless imitation of an imitation
Yeah, you are quite an intellectual.

Russia not get it from anyone! Russia third(and first) Rome! Russia influence whole world with 5000 year past. Western imperialists make lies of RUssia do not beliefve.

I posted a pic that was kinda bad. Here's a better one. Keep in mind this was built in 6th century, so it's a very impressive architectural feat for that era. Early Catholic churches looked very shitty.

I would say that San Marco's Basilica in Venice is the most beautiful example of Byzantine architecture though:

>Russia has zero European influences
Who is Peter the Great?
>'Asiatic influence' is a meaningless phrase
I wasn;t about to elaborate on everyy single individual culture which may or may not have influenced this particular building.
>inb4 "trying to teach me about my own country"
Some things are pretty much self evident with even a rudimentary understanding of history, please by all means enlighten me on how Russians independently evolved a civilization parallel to the West, including concepts such as the fine arts and science, without any European influence.

Ffs Mexico actually is heir to a truly original civilization and we don;t go around pretending we were not influenced by Europe or are not a part of Western civilization.

That's not what I meant, just the dismissive attitude. Yeah it's not the greatest building in history but it's not so bad as you make it seem. It's a bit too glitzy but certainly more beautiful than most buildings I've seen in America or Germany.

Not in Moscow but related to the Italian influence in Russia were the palaces in St. Peterburg commissioned by Peter the Great, Eleizabeth and later Catherine the Great.

Everytime i see that buildings, those tetris songs comes to my mind. Love both 2bh

It looks better on Central Asian architecture though. They incorporate multiple bright colors together better.

Every country was and continues to be influenced by countries around them. Europe especially is like a gradient of different cultures wherein certain influences aggregate more in certain places. The post you're replying to seems like bait honestly as all russian nobility spoke french so it's a bit silly to say there was no european influence.

Music, literature, architecture, language ...
Pidorashka detected.

Most Russians listen to only rap
Most Russians read only conspiracy theory books
Russian commieblocks look like 1970s China
Russian language contains many Turkish loan words

>Most Russians listen to only rap
>Most Russians read only conspiracy theory books
>Russian commieblocks look like 1970s China
>Russian language contains many Turkish loan words
It's post-soviet subhumans. They're not russians and never were.

Russia contains much Finnish clay

Wait what? So post Soviet, aka modern Russians are not Russian? So says the Russian?

Soviet government killed most of the talented, intelligent and creative people in the 1930's. They represented a threat to commie groupthink so they were eradicated. What you have left is bydlos, adulterers and a general medley of drunken swine

I agree man, I do expect most of what gets posted here is bait one way or the other.

(you)

>Who is Peter the Great?
Son of Alexei I, last Russian tsar and first emperor of the Russian Empire.
>I wasn;t about to elaborate on everyy single individual culture
Really? Because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you did.
>a rudimentary understanding of history
You don't possess even that when it comes to Russia.
>how Russians independently evolved a civilization parallel to the West, including concepts such as the fine arts and science, without any European influence.
This just in: fine arts and science were invented in the West. Sumer, China, Persia, Maya? Fuck right off, Europe is here.
>Ffs Mexico actually is heir to a truly original civilization
You are not an heir to jackshit, you are a former Spanish colony, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sorry, if I come across as bitter or confrontational, but after the hundredth time someone from the other side of the globe tries to teach me about my own country, knowing nothing about it besides inane stereotypes, I tend to get a bit irritated.

Is there a single former commie state where this wasn't the case?

so you posted more correct version of yourself

Nope. Jewish bolshevism is cancer of the earth.

Bottle awaits.

>created by small part of "elite", who were even unable to undertand language of own people, and were hatred by them

your assgape is so wide its can't hold the bottle

Damn it. I've just discovered that English wikipedia is completely stupid in Russian architecture

>Chekov is from noble family.

what are you waiting for ? Squat.

they copied it from turko-mongols

Dude you know shit, fine arts is a specifically Western concept, not the same as arts in general but a very s-pecific greco/roman concept, same with science, only one civilization came up with the idea of the scientific method.

You assume I know shit abit Russian culture, why? You don't think it gets covered in our education curricula or that we don't listen to Tchaikovsky as children? Because from tyhe trip you wrote I'm pretty suire you don't get taught shit about Mexico.

Rather than make asumptuions argue your fucking points instead of insulting the person you disagree with, we call this an ad hominem fallacy in the west btw,

You're the one making the ridiculous claim Russia has zero European influence, not me.

It's called "form follows function"

no thanks, here is your parts on it

it is a greek are you a greek? I am greek

>they copied it from literal goatherders who built nothing other than small huts

What's the function? Sending prayer energy to the heaven?

Show me how patriotic you are. Sit down and yell about glory of the Chechen Republic.

>5000 year past

500000 year at least.

>we call this an ad hominem fallacy in the west
How the wall is goes ? Western boy.

giving people an emotion of being subject to the power of a greater might. I can't phrase that in english, I can hardly phrase it in german.

Looks almost exactly the same as building in OP's pic.

I think it's time to create a new word

Not a single brick yet oriental

He's pidorashka. It's useless to try arguing with them, common sense is not their strong point.
... Use fire.

That is awe-inspiring, magnificent architecture right there

Truly the inbred steppe gooks are turanic master race

Meine Comrade.
ES LEBE UNSER FUHRER.

Wrong, most Russians listen to only blatnyak.

>Most Russians read only conspiracy theory books

Wrong, most Russians don't read at all.

sorry but asspain is part of your daylist

No, there are words for that already. I just don't know them. Some kind of Spirituality, that warm fuzzy feeling that everything will be alright if you just believe it, that somebody takes care of the world.

Tovarisch, why are you obsessed with the Führer?

The Mongols of Mongolia adopted Chinese architecture at one point and the Turko-Mongols had an architectural style that was mostly a mix of Armenian, Byzantine and Persian architecture.

Great hero that the western world was never diserverd.

>fine arts is a specifically Western concept
Art created for the sole purpose of being enjoyed existed since the Stone Age. And Russia and Middle East were also influenced by Greco-Roman civilization.
>only one civilization came up with the idea of the scientific method
I'll give you that, but using scientific method makes you western no more than using steam engine makes you British. Scientific method is a tool, not a cultural concept.
>You assume I know shit abit Russian culture, why?
Because you don't, and you done nothing to prove me wrong.
>You don't think it gets covered in our education curricula
Idiotic stereotypes and utter bullshit? Yeah, that gets covered alright.
>or that we don't listen to Tchaikovsky as children?
Welp, sorry. You are definitely an expert now.
>Because from tyhe trip you wrote I'm pretty suire you don't get taught shit about Mexico.
I was taught enough to know that you nothing to do with mesoamerican civilization besides living on its ruins.

Do you know how we in Russia call someone who knows nothing about a particular subject and yet refuses to acknowledge it and keeps arguing? A moron.

Harmony? Tranquility? Serenity? None of these are strictly in relation to spirituality though

>Russia and Middle East were also influenced by Greco-Roman civilization.
Didn't bother reading the rest of your crap

Greco-Roman =/= modern european civilization, sorry to break it to you, pal.

There was no mosque with dome in the Rum. It's all about the Ottomans.

Petergof palace on your pic is a ripoff of the palace of Versailles, btw.

I think WWII played a part as well.

Let's not forget the introduction of european loanwords by some tzar, making it easier for me to learn russian. Good move t b h.

Inner peace that would be, yeah

Ugly as hell. I hate it.