10 Cloverfield Lane impressions?

Can we discuss 10 Cloverfield Lane? Just saw it today 100% blind - I had only seen some posters prior to watching it. What did you guys think?

I would STRONGLY recommend that if you haven't seen the film yet you dont read ANYTHING about it - dont read reviews, discussions, wikipedia pages, anything. Its a 9/10 if you go in blind, but a 7/10 if you know anything about it before you watch it.

>Favourite moments:
that gunshot out of nowhere. i was sure he was just gonna splash him with acid as a warning or something - completely took me by surprise
when john goodman shaved near the end that made me more creeped out than any other moment in the film
the game of charades or whatever it was - so tense and well-acted!

>Least favourite moments:
the molotov thing at the end I felt was stupid. destroying a battleship-sized alien by throwing a small improvised incendiary down what looked like its throat is such a cliche and kind of ruined the vulnerable and human character of the protag
I also dont think the radio thing was necessary either - the film would have been better if she just drove off into the dark and you had no idea if she was alone or not

Anyway, how did you guys find it?

i didnt read your spoiler, but do i need to see the first cloverfield?

No. Its much better if you dont, actually.

The ending was shit.

Terrible. Nonexistent character arc. Contrivances like good thing she started the film by grabbing that whiskey and cool that she likes fashion.

>ready for apocalypse
>doesn't have gas masks

Come on.

I watched it on acid and it was intense.

the only think i disliked about the movie was it's ending, Michelle seemed way too calm and collected for the situation.

but it was honestly great, pretty much comfy-tier, and i also fell in love with MEW so there's that.

Goodman carried the movie, hard. I know Sup Forums loves the fuck outta MEW and shes cute and all but her character was an ungrateful bitch. Never thanked goodman, always thought of the worst of the guy. We don't even know what went down with the supposed bloody earring. Even then that whole thing was a horrible macguffin, absolutely horrible. You're telling me a fucking guy who builds a god damn end of the world bunker isn't going to remove a window with HELP scribbled on it and the bloody earring below it? GTFO.

Final third of the movie was one of the worst endings ive ever seen. It genuinely ruins the movie for me.

I liked the ending, I just wish there was more explination.

I went in after my friend told me that this is one of those movies where nothing makes sense until the very end, and that was the mindset I watched the movie with. I was dissapointed out how straight forward the ending was. Especially since I kept expecting the beginning when she didn't pick up the phone to be relivent to the rest of the story.

The awesome mystery filled ARG leading up to it didn't help. It made me feel like the movie was going to have just as much depth as the ARG but its actually ridiculously straight forward.

The Divide was better

I went to see it because I was bored and high out of my mind.
Enjoyed it more than Deadpool and BvS.

I was torn through the movie between, what an ungrateful bitch to what if Goodman's crazy.

If the movie wasn't called cloverfield lane I could separate the universes and consider that everything might be better out there than stuck with the kind of guy who builds a bomb shelter.

Which it turns out to be once she hears on the radio they are starting to fight back.

I did enjoy it, and obviously they'll make another.

It's like you didnt even saw the movie user.
Goodman clearly says he CAN'T go through the vent ducts, he is too fat.

Are you retarded? he could go down the ladder ya dumb fuck, where the fuck you think HELP was scratched? Where you think MEW escaped? A ladder OUTSIDE!

Fuck off, shill, I'm not buying your fucking DVD.
It's shit when viewing with prior knowledge because it becomes blatantly obvious JJ lied to everyone and turned a potentially cool monster movie into a cashcow with copy & paste ayylmaos.
Also it's pretty obvious you're a shill because literally nobody gives enough of a fuck to spoiler things about this movie, and it was your marketing team that went full autism and had ridiculous threads filled with spoiler'd walls of text.
Fuck off.

>door padlocked from the INSIDE
>he could go down the ladder

You're retarded aren't you?

>No. Its much better if you dont, actually.
Translation: if you do you'll be let down because Cloverfield was actually good.
WEW

>when you've been on Sup Forums for too long.

>punctuation in a greentext
Shiggy.

It can't be possible youre this dumb can it? Theres no way hes never been in that room you stupid fuck.

Only two things bothered me. The shitty ending and the shit Mew came up with as escaping devices. Seemed a bit too creative.

>he clearly says the entry door broke in the movie
>obviously at some point, after which he couldn't get in anymore

Take your meds you ADD riddled retard

I ahte her brown (read: shitskin) eyes

How do you fuck up hate? The letters are not even close

so John Goodman's character worked on the satellite that crashed in Cloverfield?

this is now a MEW thread.

Gabe Newell confirms Half Life 3 today go to Sup Forums!

Yes and no...

That satellite was a Japanese satellite called ChimpanzIII. Howard worked on a company called Bold Futura subsidiary of Tagruato (they also own SLUSHO!) that use another satillete called "Hatsui" to investigate the anomalies with ChimpanzIII.

hey, AMA

Hey, Howard.

1v1 me

The alien was helicopter sized, and it was full of flammable gas.

Try me.

Would can someone explain how this movie and the first Cloverfield movie connect? If there is an actual connection I might might add.

God bless my retarded grammar errors

Not at all, unless you look specifically into the ARG stuff

Trying to explain the actual connection is like telling you the final arc for the new Star Wars.

No one can because it doesn't exist. The only connection to Cloverfield is that Howard worked for the same company as Robert Hawkins from Cloverfield 2008. Tagurato.

What happens during Cloverfield 2008 and 10 Cloverfield Lane is pure theory at the moment.

wtf does that means?

ARG stuff normie

DELETE THIS

WAT?

>delete this
>actually deleted it

Fucking Sup Forums conspiracy...

neat

They were making a film that had nothing to do with the first and tied it in for marketing reasons, to get a blockbuster audience for a lower profile film. Ka-ching!

The movie's plot isn't connected with the first, it's just a similar premise.

There's no connection beyond some silly alternate universe bullshit. Basically JJ dun fucked and is selling the films as 'Cloverfield' simply for brand recognition.
>ooooh the comany from Cloverfield that Rob was gonna be VP of has a cameo in this one. Sooo fucking deep dude!
They'll never continue the original story so what's the fucking point? It's a big scam.

Don't need gas masks when you are not going outside

Your choices are to go outside and fight aliens or become Goodman's sex slave. What do?

tbf if one of my movies had a super autistic fanbase like cloverfield does then I'd probably do what JJ did

Choose the fat guy. Bitch.

Someone TLDW this for me, I'm probably never gonna watch this movie.

A man with a video camera runs around New York City while a monster destroys everything.

>dat hazmat suit
>dat green acid barrel
>dat hound-eye
>dat combine gunship
>dat Mercy Hospital emergency call
>dat portal storm at the end

She is called MiCHELLe!

Come on, guys how can you not SEE this!?

Yeah, because you're a fucking retard who doesn't know how to make anything original or interesting, afterall JJ was only a producer on Cloverfield (1 of 2, in fact) and everything he's been involved with since has been utter shit.

A fat kidnaps a girl and tries to turn her into a fuck slave during an alien invasion

what the hell is M CHELL?

CHELL

M CHELL is related to the M assive attack that happened in CHELL noble

yawn

> destroying a battleship-sized alien by throwing a small improvised incendiary down what looked like its throat is such a cliche
They clearly demonstrated that the green gas was super flammable. It actually makes perfect sense

This was a triumph! Big Success!

>she doesn't even panic or pants a bit when her car is being picked up by the giant alien

I mean I understood the part about her being smart when she sharpened the crutch into a weapon, but the fact that she was just so lucid through that was a bit weird. All in all, solid acting, 7/10.

Just rewatched Cloverfield and finished watching this, makes me ache for a good Lovecraft movie so bad.

The ending turned a bretty good movie into a shit tier action flick. All that build up for nothing and obvious set up for a sequel which will be fucking abysmal.

This movie is so overrated already;only good thing was MEWs thick AF thighs

Why did they draw her as a nig?

Why there was no outside sensors for air and radiation? Like you can''t live forever in the bunker so you need to know somehow it's safe outside

MFW noone realises that everything from the moment she rips her suit is a hallucination

no, heh

Main actress is to qt, that's why I watched.

But I agree, when he shaved his beard, it was the most creepy thing for the flick.

whiskey doesn't burn explosively

>i was sure he was just gonna splash him with acid as a warning or something