Is Fantano the most influential music critic at the moment, now that Pitchfork is trash?

Is Fantano the most influential music critic at the moment, now that Pitchfork is trash?

As soon as he gave Mouth Moods a 9, it became the #1 2017 album on RYM with a 3.77 and has been constantly spammed by Sup Forums

Soon other publications will have to review it.

If you disagree you must first post a more influential critic/publication.

Mouth sounds was popular before that, but I actually agree, if anything because of the lack of alternatives.

theres no difference between him and p4k

bait meme post

you are part of the problem

rolling stone is more influential

The difference is that nobody cares about Pitchfork's opinions anymore but people seem to care what Fantano thinks for some reason.

>nobody cares about Pitchfork's opinions anymore
>what is Sup Forums - Music

>If you disagree you must first post a more influential critic/publication.

Throughout history yes, but not currently.

That's what worries me. I wonder how many of his reviews are bought. He clearly is running a business and I wonder how long it'll take for him to turn into another pitchfork.

I don't think people literally send him money and say "give me an 8 thanks," but he probably gets albums for free form various musicians and labels and there's an unspoken agreement that "if you say we're shit, we're not giving you free music anymore.," like it is for a lot of music publications.

He does have more of a Millenial POV on things than, say, old man Christgau who probably fried his brain with acid back in the day and lost his ability to write intelligent, informed reviews.

>but he probably gets albums for free form various musicians and labels and there's an unspoken agreement that "if you say we're shit, we're not giving you free music anymore.,"
If it's shit music, then why would he want more of it?

He fucking looks like a meme Jesus Christ.

Think of another Youtuber with his popularity and actually production quality/writing capabilities?

Fantano is legit in getting his points across, I mean, it's kind of why he got big.

Now when's the next Meme Review you fat fuck.

he's my current favorite

I dunno, almost everyone that I know who knows about Fantano seems to view him as annoying.

I feel like the irony of Fantano is that we all give him shit but like, he's cut from the same cloth as the rest of us.

idk, I don't mind him. Whether or not you like his taste in music or his opinions, he seems relatively chill and he isn't stuck up his own ass like most millennials.

>If you disagree you must first post a more influential critic/publication.
You said

>now that Pitchfork is trash?

Which is completely wrong. Yes, they have gone to shit but they're more popular than ever.

I LOOOVEEE YOOOUUU JESUS CHRIST

VEEEEEEEGAN CHRIIIIIIIIIIST

"free music" is a pretty lame incentive lol

can someone explain to me why anyone at all give 2 shits about some rando youtuber like him?

why do people here obsess over him? aren't youtuber reviewers a dime a dozen?

because he used to (and probably still does) post here

so? how does that make him special or noteworthy at all?

exactly. he is only noteworthy to Sup Forums.

P4k is still reigning in art- genres
Complex has more credibility than anyone wants to admit
WSHH has a lot of power rn

Fandango is patrician

you can't lose something you never had

He has been for a long time, his videos get way more clicks then any music blog/website, his opinion is law.

This is the best answer in this thread.

His videos would be a lot better if it weren't for his awful sense of humor.

He started with that shit like 1-2 years ago when his meme channel started to take off. His older reviews are vastly superior. Watch his classic week review of Godspeed. His style was completely different.

i kinda have to agree, his old reviews were more objective and straight forward, with some comic relief in cal and that was it
basically this, we hate on him, but we're no fuckin better than him

Fatano is a god.

Fantano is a failed musician and a liberal-SJW-Rolling Stones editor wannabe hack but Cal is cool in my book

Which is ironic cause he bashes millennials every time he reviews Miley Cyrus/Drake/Nikki Minaj and all that pop music Top 40 crap

>ctrl f "tinymixtapes"
>0 results

I hate yall

your idea of "influential" is RYM and Sup Forums. please go outside.

He's getting music before others. That means he gets to review earlier than others. That means he gets clicks and money.

Sure there is, Pitchfork doesn't have weird identity issues that they project in every review they do

Second most pretentious music website
(Scaruffi being the first, of course)

RYM ratings mean L I T E R A L L Y nothing

He's a good reference point, where pitchfork is kinda all over the place with their arbitrary scores. He's fine.

Tinymixtapes. They reviewed Elysia Crampton first and now she's in OUT Magazine and on NPR and shit. I don't follow them closely but that's amazing, no one outside Virginia knew who she was when I saw her live for the first time a few years back at a show in Richmond.

Pitchfork and Fantano are more popular yeah, but they just review most of the same shit everyone else reviews. TMT breaks virtually unknown artists and gets them to p4k and Fantano level, and then they grow from there. I find their reviews psycophantic and annoying but they're the most influential, for sure.

stopped giving a shit about him when i found his meme Review youtube

I like him

Fantano is an alt-right SJW libtard nazi

Reminds me actually of this one old fucker on Steve Hoffman Forums who said baby boomers ruined music and although he was born in the same year as Johnny Ramone, he couldn't identify with their music at all and found it unlistenable noise. He claimed that popular music died with Led Zeppelin.

hay fanks

Why doesnt his girlfriend show up in his videos anymore?

Mouth Moods was getting decent scores on RYM before Fantano gave it a 9 lol

Pitchfork is alright, but yeah, Fantano IS the most influental music critic RN. Maybe not the best, beacuse I believe some of his reviews are bought or something like that. Hopefully I'm wrong. Still a fan of his though

>aren't youtuber reviewers a dime a dozen?

Good ones? No.

The reason Fantano's so popular is because of his production value, consistency, and ability to coherently present his thoughts. Most people, let alone most youtube reviewers, don't do it like he can.

What are your fav youtube reviewers besides Fantano? I really enjoy Spectrum Pulse and DEHH. I'd also say Grandaddad Wooly, Luke James, ARTV are all pretty good with ARTV being probably my least fav.

also wanna add Rap Critic, he's pretty great

Honestly, Fantano's the only music reviewer I really watch consistently. I think most others just try too hard to be him, but lack the polish and delivery (Spectrum Pulse) or are just too basic and Youtuber-tier (ARTV).

However, I do enjoy DEHH on occasion for the eclectic round-table-discussion aspect.

The fact this boards popular music is defined by him and park at all is just embarrasing. A huge world of different music and these guys limit the board.

>nobody cares about Pitchfork's opinions anymore
Is that why we get a new ''WTF HOW P4K GAVE THIS ALBUM BAD RATING THEY SUCK'' thread every day?

*and p4k

Can you really blame p4k or Fantano, or the meek Sup Forums users who don't venture out?

>RYM
literally what

Well yeah, its the users/viewers at fault I guess