/prod/

bogdanoff editon

>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP: posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a Soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/vmvpsnqg
clyp.it/aispqgmm
clyp.it/wryold0a
clyp.it/cgc5l0al
clyp.it/2q0t2m2u
clyp.it/ohbg21gb
clyp.it/cb1jgrjd
clyp.it/pp4twtoa
clyp.it/eeummbxl
clyp.it/vdk11oj0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Serum a best.

what are some good free guitar vsts

Actually, not just guitar. I need recommendations for just about every instrument. Where do I look? Also free includes piracy.

AudioZ is a useful place to look around, just dont use the usenet link, its shit. go for other links on the page. it may be slow but it has whatever i look for.
As for guitar vsts, are you talking about things like BiasFX?

can't find nexus 2 on pirate bay for logic x

will give gold token to whoever helps me get it without buying it

>guitar vsts
they are usually bad and fake sounding imo it would be better to get a cheap guitar from a pawn shop and learn it

any cool stuff from namm?

anyone know of a working fl studio crack?

What VSTs are good for analog style sounds that don't directly emulate existing analog synthesizers?

wait who are these guys?

can i get a quick run down?

Do you mean guitar amp VSTs?
Guitar Rig. Free on the bay.

its daft punk without the masks

they're huge fags

whats the best way to get good, do I just have to spend time messing around? Should I look for outside resources?

Tutorials on YT, they'll be there
obtain a full version of whatever DAW you desire, any method is fine
Dick around in it for long periods of time, learn it until you know the DAW by heart

Do NOT save every little idea in their own file, you'll just create clutter. it may not be bad at first, but it becomes unmanageable.

As far as musical talent goes, it's something you either end up having or you don't honestly. You could spend 5 years straight doing nothing but working on music and become a master or you could still be shit by the end. Of course, the only way to know is to just do it and find out. You can help yourself quite a bit by just learning as much as you can, watching videos, learning theory and how to use whatever technology you choose to use, and experimenting with new ideas. Lastly if you don't enjoy doing it don't even bother.

so what happens when i use pirate bay without a vpn?

Why are literally all links to the newest cracked serum mac version offline? Pls halp
>inb4 kanye

I don't take production too seriously desu, but it's still cool to hear feedback on my shitty little compositions

clyp.it/vmvpsnqg

depends on where you live
also you should find a way to get an Apollo or PassTheHeadphones account, there is some stuff there

what's the chord you play at 0:37? Hold that shit longer. It's unusual. Don't go straight to the harmonious chord again
good mixing btw. What daw do you use?

- why are new roland synths so shit and bad turd-looking

- why do they keep making bad looking synths when people have complained for years, is it someones wife made the design and they dont want to offend or what

- are roland retarded and run by a senile person, why dont they just use the old style that reminds of a wipeout playstation game, why dont they reissue the classics

When submitting tracks to labels, is it bad if they're unmastered? What about if I master them myself despite not being very good?

depends on the label, really.

shit label? master it yourself.
higher tier label? might want to ask around.

What is this sound that everyone uses? I cut it so you know what sound I'm talking about but it's from one of Jinsang's songs.

clyp.it/aispqgmm

I mean, you don't need it specifically for Logic, you can get it for every DAW...

ahh that makes sense

thanks bud

>my shitty usb2midi bought years ago doesn't send Sysex
>on the KORG manual it's written that some usb interface are not able to handle those messages
>various forum posts and blacklists about it
>call the technical support of a shop asking informations about a midi interface i want to buy as a replacement
>he starts to sperg out telling me that that's not possible and that everything is independent from interfaces
>it's written in the fucking KORG manual bro
I sent him an email with a link to the korg manual, I wonder if he will reply

who /oldschoolprod/ here?

i only use old, crummy and shit free vst plugins. it gives me some sort of edge.

Worked on the tune I put up in the previous thread lads. Added a lead guitar and a groovy bass track (At least I *think* it's groovy - Whatever that means lol) It's still a bit rough and I think I might change/add some of the patterns. How polished/how many tracks does a demo album have to be usually?

clyp.it/wryold0a

I need the Bog pill

Anything fron NI always comes in demo mode if you try to pirate it.

quick rundown?

Oddly enough was working on some bogcore the other day but never got around to finishing it

clyp.it/cgc5l0al

Distortion is a little bit over the top crunchy for me, maybe bring up that other lead a bit.

>How polished/how many tracks does a demo album have to be usually?

4 tracks is a nice little demo imo, as far as polish goes that's up to you

Nice little tune m8, chill vibe to it

updated ma tune with the facebook notification sound which happened to be in the same key.

Critique?

clyp.it/2q0t2m2u

I think I wanna go for more industrial hip hop beats and for pop music- i love both

dude I almost fucking died

Shreddage II is the only good guitar VST I can find. Is there anything like it for acoustic guitar?

I got a sampler that has individual outputs and a 'mixed output'

When I send a sound through an individual out via a TS cable to the soundcard instrument input, it sounds fine.

When I do the same with a mono cable using either of the mixed outputs, I get no sound but a painful screeching sound. Is this supposed to take a TRS to TS split only? Is it normal behaviour for screeching to be heard if you put a stereo jack output to a mono cable?

Sounds like a sampled harp.

Sometimes mono cables fuck shit up because they connect the two stereo pins internally which is not always calculated in with the circuit design.

i need to know if mixed output means a single one of those outputs sends a combined l+r signal to a single cable, or if i've been sold something with destroyed outputs

should be easy enough to test if that's the case

im waiting for a reply from the seller, ill order a splitter if its necessary but i wanted to see if anyone here would know

ill be pissed off if yet another ebay purchase was someone offloading broken gear thinking i wouldn't test it

if those outputs are destroyed, would sending a splitter from the headphone output give the same quality signal?

couldn't you just stick a pair of headphones into the mixed outs to find that out?

i read that you're not supposed to do that w/ no explanation

god everything to do with cables and recording is vague as fuck on the internet

live in canada

the demo mode on GR5 is entirely usable at least

you can flip through the presets under the time limit and get a lot of sounds

then nothing

i meant mac

is it weird to ask your favorite music artists in person what kind of equipment they use to make their sounds?

probably comes off as youre trying to look for a shortcut to sound like them.

first try at juke/footwork

clyp.it/ohbg21gb

thoughts?

juke is shit

so is trap

literally just glorification of down syndrome music because it's 'urban', half of it sounds like reggaeton mixed with hip hop

literally everything people post ITT is just trap and really bad EDM, because you're shit and stupid and 14

sounds like you just suck

This is actually true

>really bad EDM

as someone who posted this shit in this thread that kinda hurts lad

This is actually untrue

user is just upset that they haven't amounted to anything in their sad music career and taking it out on hobbiest like us.

ignore this guy, it's /nba/ leaking
some famous basketball GM apparently lurks here and they're trolling for him to respond

>user is just upset that they haven't amounted to anything in their sad music career and taking it out on hobbiest like us.

it's not about 'taking it out' on anyone, this thread is just really bad. it's literally a video game general for using pirated software to make trap and bad EDM

kek sorry about your life failures user

stop making trap

no

RAINDROPS

why do you come here if you hate it so much

go back to /nba/

Tfw lacking too much confidence to even look at my laptop, let alone try to make good tracks.
I get so butthurt at myself sucking and just scribble depressing pictures in my sketchbook.

trap is like 12 years old now

thats almost the time difference between sgt. peppers and detroit techno

just make something new lmao

7kt sent us from /nba/. he said you could teach us how to make darrude sandstorm on a cracked ipad no problem?

Stop bothering us you dumb jock

i don't make trap tho

clyp.it/cb1jgrjd

>clyp.it/cb1jgrjd
sounds like something I can listen to while shitting in the morning

I agree with the other user that the distortion should come down a bit. It's too much right now.

what do i need? fruityloops?

>clyp.it/wryold0a
those shitty guitars made me want to kill myself 10 seconds in. then that shitty riff went on for what seemed like hours

naw hell naw/10

where your clypit newfriendo?

at your moms. it's the sound of her ass clapping. haven't mastered it yet

it sounded like a friends tv show intro nightmare. cool if that's the sound you were looking for lad

Ignore this, its /nba/ raiding us

here's something really groovy
clyp.it/pp4twtoa
on that note, anyone here familiar with reason? are you able to make the default instruments sound good? that upright bass for example, I remember using a vst a friend had and it was the nicest upright bass ever. am I just making excuses or should I try another sampler?

>clyp.it/pp4twtoa
that would be fine if you didn't steal the midi file

what do you mean?

>I don't make trap

thank you for being one of the few faggots on here

I hope you're trolling

clyp.it/eeummbxl

trying out a new 808 sample pack

going for a retro vibe

melody-wise and chord-wise I think it's a nice start, I obviously know it sounds cheesy and midi-like but it has much to do with the default reason nn-xt instruments. that's why I asked if anyone is familiar with reason

>clyp.it/eeummbxl
not bad a little clay d ish but overall good job

i cant be bothered to figure it out but it sounds like a popular track

im not an expert but oh wait i am

>expert

don't know what you're talking about but maybe I took it from somewhere. C#sus, Bsus, Bmaj, C#dim and C#. add a goofy bass on that
it'd be cool to compare if you knew where you remembered it from

expert at being a faggot

I'm looking for it. It was a Chicago house track

Aphex Twin?! You post here?!! Wow!!!! It's really you!!!!

>clyp.it/eeummbxl
i love you, though i also hate you for stealing my idea, btw yes you can be better than the cornish disklavier autist, persistence is all, take it from me ;)

clyp.it/vdk11oj0

meant to reply to this guy

meant to reply to this guy

not really my area of expertise. in my mind I'm making it sound like a fruity diddy kong racing track or something

Here's a quick rundown on the Bogdanoffs:
>rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs
>in contact with aliens
>rumoured to possess psychic abilities
>control france with an iron fist
>own castles and banks all over the world
>direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>first designer babies will be Bogdanoff Babies
>both brothers said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Bogdanoff twins
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Bogdanoffs will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

that literally hurt my innards haha good job, now i know what autism sounds like.
damn