Was this Fantano's biggest blunder? Post your worst Fantano reviews

Was this Fantano's biggest blunder? Post your worst Fantano reviews.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A4YA1ugNEaM
youtu.be/qsKjzWd06lY
youtube.com/watch?v=DvlnYSvvqpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His biggest mistake is ever looking at this shitty board. All of Fantano's reviews are god tier.

lol

Schoolboy q's blankface LP was NOT a 4 though. I agree that it was a bit drawn out, and a few tracks could have just been left off (big body, overtime), but I felt it was some of the freshest west coast hip hop in the past decade.

mbdtf yeezus mgmt the terror

all 6

I skipped yeezus, all other 'ye albums ive listened to dozens of times. Should I go back?

everything he ever called boring

Yeezus got a 5 I think

Yeezus is my personal favorite Kanye album. Very visceral, experimental, raw and minimalist. Also it doesn't overstay its welcome.

violent sleep

he just got bored of the band

He gave Age of Adz a 6

easily his worst

youtube.com/watch?v=A4YA1ugNEaM

i've never made it through a full fantano review

I feel like he's really shit at reviewing experimental music in general

>pussied out on giving his opinion on elseq

internet's busiest music nerd, huh?

kek

I actually think this might be him guys

This. This one was fucking unforgivable.

That album got mediocre reviews all over the place. I seriously don't get the obsession some people have with this album. It's EDM but slightly more experimental.

it got mediocre reviews because people just dont understand it

This.

>let's just pretend this album doesn't exist

Also the last squarepusher album is fucking boss and he gave it a 6. And as for recently I don't understand this KKB 8 and Neil Cicierega 9 shit.

>I don't understand why he would pander to a young YouTube audience that loves memes and Internet pop.
Hmmm... okay den.

I haven't kept up with him since like 2012, but I remember him saying something really cringe about avoiding future Burzum albums because of the nationalist lyrics.

Actually even worse I think he also equated Varg to Rush Limbaugh in that same review.

Yikes. To make it even worse he drools over shit like buke and gase.

>these are the kids that look up to fantano
YIKES!!!

His review of Oblivion Access. He seemed so hung up on the lyrics and called them "edgy" and then goes on and focuses on it for the entire. When his favorite band Death Grips is exactly same if not worse. Also the fact that shows this bias, is during his review of Secret Circle ft. Despot - Satellite, where he fails to realize that LUM is even part of the group and produced the beat.

I like these albums too but I can see why he doesnt

He gave Hang only 7 but Mouth Moods 9. Off to a good start memetano

i want to die

>All of Fantano's reviews are god tier
No.

>His biggest mistake is ever looking at this shitty board.
Honestly? Yes.

Giving Tomboy a 5. Eat a dick Fagtano.

He be hating on Anco projects for a while now

Way too high

Accurate score

No that was absolutely fair

Who hasn't?

>Buyers Market
>A 14 year-old using what is basically cp to pose as an ironic memester in front of an imaginary audience

good job Sup Forums

there is literally no fucking way in all of logic and musical discourse to argue it above 6/10

and then he says bon iver copies age of adz horribly only to give it a 6 fantano is a nigger

It's a strong 8/10.

Interesting and skillful production
Insightful and clever lyrics
Consistent aesthetic and theme
Tasteful features that largely come through

Like, I really don't understand how it isn't in AOTY contention for 2016.

lol what a fucking idiot

John Frusciante- PBX FUNICULAR INTAGLIO ZONE

It was either a 3 or a 4, I was really confused because that album was rad.

oh no...

Schoolboy Q is wack af, just face it.

So fucking overrated.

It's not that I take him seriously or what his reviews regularly, but his review of Trout Mask Replica was definitely a blunder. He complained about the lack of rhythmic sense. That's baffling coming from a bass player and a good one at that. I'm not sure what his intention with that comment was, but I doubt that he hasn't heard of polyrhytms as a musician.
youtu.be/qsKjzWd06lY

Well he's a nazi now so feel free to come back.

For the record, Fantano has never done a decent review on an electronic album.

Ironically he voted for trump and shitposted on twitter daily about sjws and Hilary supporters during the entire election cycle.

Shitting on Kanye coz his gf doesn't like him.

he voted for hillary, he just hated people acting all proud and idealistic about such a horrible choice.

bruh wats popping melon

MBDTF and YEEZUS really should have been lower, you're right. MGMT and The Terror are 6 though.

he gave [ALBUM I LIKE] a [SCORE I DISAGREE WITH]

>Buyers Market
Are you sure that's not Scaruffi's influence?

I mean, I can see why anyone would dislike OPN and Adz, but he goes on to review similar shit and gives them higher scores.

y'all know these are just his opinions, right?

>actually buying a physical copy of Buyer's Market

he's taking the memes to the extreme

I know they're just opinions and in the end it doesn't matter if my favorite album gets a 7 or a 10, but if Fantano really wants to have any sense of credibility as a music critic he's going to have to learn to be more objective.

Giving albums that deserve a 8 or even a 9 like a 6 or giving funny joke albums that weren't meant to be taken seriously a 9 really hurts his credibility. It really doesn't help when he refuses to review really important projects like elseq just because he wanted to cuck his fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvlnYSvvqpU

plus he did that hour long corey feldman album, which granted, it fucking sucked but why review it in the first place. you know what it's going to be. it's nothing. he only reviewed because feldman memed it up on the today show.

Not to hate on the guy, but i feel like random youtube subscribers in number of many just gave him the reasons to do his videos for so long without big backlash critique. His vids is not reviews, as they don't go above his gummy feelings in terms of insight.

I wish i could actually find a smart youtuber of this kind. Any recommendations?

If you're asking if there are any serious music critics on YouTube the answer is no. YouTube isn't a platform for sharing ideas, it's a platform for making le silly videos and making money off the ad revenue.

>experimental

for him sure, but there are far better artists who were making music better than that album before it came out, during and after

It's minimal in the worst way as well