ITT: musicians who would be completely irrelevant if their genders were reversed

ITT: musicians who would be completely irrelevant if their genders were reversed

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
clyp.it/xafy2ndg
clyp.it/24rbz1gu
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ2RyRgqsuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she'd certainly be way less of a thing yeah

Shes just another wolf eyes

grimes

That artist I don't like.

Does she have Instagram?

here let's make the thread more relevant:

Female musicians who WOULDN'T be completely irrelevant if their genders were reversed

None, because every female musician is only popular because of their looks.

t. Sup Forums

That poster

I think most female musicians are, yeah. But the only one that comes to mind is laurel halo, she's actually good

I was going to say Nico but i don't think as many men would have helped her if she was a man and she'd probably never get to the stage where she could perform/write an album like marble index or desertshore.

Grimes and most female artists desu

i mean you're not wrong.

I didn't know Sup Forums turned into an mra forum

If you find a foreskin it's mine

How is this anything like an MRA forum besides pointing out a general flaw in a gender

Its reality
when was the last time they innovated on anything or contructed anything sound without selling their bodys or trying to hard to be different or quirky?

*It's, *constructed, *bodies, *too

delete this

Kate Bush's brand of romantic flowery pop would be regarded in a pretty similar way if it came out of a gay dude

>a gay dude
kek

Every female ''musician''

Halfaxa was legitimately good.

It only seems that way to you because you've taken refuge from the difficulty of real world relationships in the loving arms of an internet cult that gives you all the answers in a nice easy package.

Just talk to people one at a time, and stay away from reading generalizations on the internet. Understanding people takes a bit more than energy than gluing your eyes to an echo chamber.

its your dumb faults for trying to popularize pharmakon

all male musicians

How is it like having sex with a noise bitch?

I would actually probably like it more.

For whatever reason, maybe subconscious discrimination, I always end up liking le quirky male songwriters more than the female ones.

>can't say anything meaninful so you resort to correcting grammar

Nice one faggot

Any girl who is into any noise or power electronics in the slightest will 99% have mental or daddy issues

Debbie Harry

this also she will probably eat your dick

Patti smith

Nina simone

Yep.

that wasn't very feminist of you bro

what would be real feminism is an invasion of my privacy

>some gud ass pop tunes by a gay dude from the 80's

sounds more fashionable actually

>date girl who is super into Whitehouse
>surprisingly not a Nazi
>also not crazy
>parents were going to divorce so her dad drove his car off a bridge
>no pictures of him in the house because he hated having his photo taken
>her cousin sends her a photo of her dad
>I could be his clone
All said and done it could be worse but she's basically fucking her dad circa 1989.

>also not crazy
shouldn't have added that line

you ever heard about living in the past? spend you're life there and you're not accountable for fucking shit.

No dude woman are shit at technical things and aren't very creative because their social beings that try to fit in
they will never create anything worthwhile

And if the best art comes from pain or introspection they don't do enough of it
why do you think allthe best philosphers are men

women dont know true pain because their will always be someone their for them that will be wiling to fuck them or just give them a shoulder to cry on

Oasis

noise > goth bitches

tested

>here let me play smug psychologist instead of actually making a counter argument

I mean literally all you had to do was maybe bring up an innovative woman or something.

How is having sex with a woman good or bad? They take your dick. What's there to do?

I mean yeah their pussy tightness is a really big deal but even if they're skilled at flexing it then I really don't see that being associated with a cultural lifestyle choice.

Because their are non and he refuses to admit hes bden brainwashed by years of scholing and pop culture
its the civilized thing to say women are great at everything

Tkay Maidza
Grimes
Hayley Williams
Sia
Lorde
Lana Del Rey

Bjork

mra's are right about everything, things that most people are too ashamed to admit

I've learned that if a girl likes you a lot, it's probably because you look like her dad

dis desu

I know annie clark would be laughably mediocre

Are there any females in progressive rock music? (Not counting Krautrock)

Yeah, we tend to be attracted to people who look like our parent of the opposite sex in general.

>grammy award winner
>extremely successful multi-millionaire pop star in her day
>awarded multiple degrees for her contributions to music
>has streets named after her
>has a public statue in her honour
>is still cited by dozens of artists as a major influence
>acclaimed autobiography that sold hundreds of thousands of copies
>several biopics made about her life and music
>music featured in dozens of well known films
>one of the most regularly sampled artists in hip-hop
>still regularly discussed by musicologists and sociologists for her work in music and the civil rights movement
>irrelevant

w e w

what if you don't know your dad

björk, kate bush, nina simone and nico

GG Allin
Morrissey
Johann Sebastian Bach

False! In fact at the beginning of her career she made herself intentionally ugly to be taken seriously as an artist. Grimes is legit great, like it or not.

Grimes

bjork obligatory

It's not always about looks
monkeys get attention when their using tools not alot is expected of them ppl are so quick to annoint them #feminsimrox #suicidegurlz

Show an ounce of anything and its being hailed as a masterpiece

Check the comment i was replying lad.

But for grimes its also about the le quicky grill randum dumb bedroom synth

>mra
as in Motorcycle Roadracing Association?

Hop Along
Reba from Code Orange

Maria Callas

>But for grimes its also about the le quicky grill randum dumb bedroom synth
Her music stands out even without her voice. That's why she's so great. I mean, just listen to these 3 instrumental tracks (Be a Body, Colour of Moonlight & California without vocals):
clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
clyp.it/xafy2ndg
clyp.it/24rbz1gu

Would you believe they were produced and written by a girl?

Joanna Newsom

yes

Ybrid.

You're lying. I bet you would say "damn, this dude is expert in electronic music".

Bjork isn't relevant to start with

this

jack white

check it yourself

honestly i think grimes would be more popular if she were a guy

This. She would be taken more seriously as an artist if she was a guy. And people would barely talk about her appearance.

Power monster

Fuck off faggot. Go back to your containment thread and stop ruining the thread. Fucking scum.

But I like blonde girls and my Mom is not.

Checkmate atheists.

Dude, you are really mad. Did you forget to take your pills?

Avril Lavigne

Grimes, although technically if you reversed someone's genders they'd still be the same thing.

>genders
Hermaphrodites are fascinating desu.

most female artists' work is informed by their gender and sexuality in some way, just like it is for most male artists. if you take a work out of its context obviously it is going to lose some meaning. and we aren't replacing the meaning just by adding "maleness" to the work. delete your thread

Yes! And mass marriage and masturbatory dysfunction and all the noise broads

If you can't write one short sentence without four grammatical errors then you're a retard

Joanna, Bjork, Julianna Barwick, Julia Holter, Grouper

>Joanna
Are you kidding me? Her whole gimmick is based around her weird girly voice and her playing harp. Her gimmick works only for female artists. Name one male artist with that kind of voice and who plays harp.

This.

literally every all-male classic rock band

>trolls complaining about being trolled

>gimmicky high-pitched vocals (his feigned muteness was a direct result of people making fun of him for sounding like a girl early on.)
>legendary harp playing
>male
Harpo Marx:
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ2RyRgqsuA

>Name one male artist with that kind of voice and who plays harp.

If you have to specify "who plays harp" then it's not about her gender, is it? It's about her instrument. Because there's a billion guys with weird quirky voices, but you knew that so you had to add a caveat which has nothing to do with gender..

Regardless, Joanna's critical acclaim pretty much always centers around her songwriting. People who can't stand her voice will usually concede that she's a gifted songwriter, because her lyricism and composition is where she shines. That's why Divers wasn't as well received - same le quirky indie girl voice, but much more straightforward and less dense writing compared to HOOM or Ys.

I meant both: that weird voice + playing harp. And speaking of harp, there aren't many dudes playing that instrument anyway.

Many people don't play the harp at all, it's an atypical instrument. What's your point?