Why was the writer's strike so important?

Why was the writer's strike so important?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_series_with_more_than_ten_entries
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will anons strike? We have to do labor for Google in order to post and ads are sold off of the posts and threads we make! Isn't this slavery?

do your own high school homework assignment, OP

It took money away from greedy executives.

What fucking subject covers the writer's strike?

Because upper middle class lifestyle isn't good enough when Hollywood makes so much.

Ask these pussies if they'll give back their wages when the film they wrote flops.

business economics

>TV stars get paid millions to show up to work for 3 hours
>you get paid nothing to spend all day writing shitty one liners

Rise of reality /tv.

It was around before that but networks used it for filler and realized it could be profitable.

They should do another one desu
Writers are so fucking underrated

The writers strike killed network television forever.

Writers weren't being paid the right amount for online royalties. When payment structures for online royalties were first designed the internet was in its infancy and the writers didn't foresee the revenue that streaming video would eventually produce. Thus the deal was very beneficial to studios and content owners rather than creators. They went on strike to fix that and, as South Park beautifully illustrated during Canada Goes on Strike, they settled for pennies on the dollar per person and created a big deal without getting anything actually resolved or improved.

I went on strike back then, because I was working in television production, and the loudest (and also best compensated) writers certainly weren't looking out for someone trying to break into the business by slaving away on rewrites like me.

>TV stars get paid millions

Eh, only if your show is on a mainstream non cable network and has been on for 8 years

It was important to show how worthless writers really are and that anyone can just take old shit, change a few things around and sell it as new.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_series_with_more_than_ten_entries

This. The writers completely fucked themselves.

It reminded the studios they don't need the writers to make money. For decades, any chump could persuade a producer to make a pilot and some episodes for TV. Or get enough money to get a mid-sized movie. The strike showed they don't need those queers and just let the producers grab any yes-man who can do on-set re-writes. Like said, it is now so much easier for studios to crap out cheap shows and make money. Writers thought they were hot shit and it turns out they're nothing.

As Hollywood is waking up to other forms of entertainment stealing attention away from TV and movies, they'll readjust as needed. They may not make the same money as before, but they'll find a way to make a living.

don't know don't care.

all i remember from that period was the conan was the GOAT without his writers and something happened to sarah connor chronicles, i think glau was out there protesting with the writers, all in vain since tscc was axed by faux.

It wasn't really. The problem was that the 2008 financial crisis caused huge inflation and the jew writers wanted more money to offset it.

the culture changed as well, hard to offset meme-culture and youtube culture, especially when it came cheap.

There were a lot of factors at play, at least cops is still on.

Plus our memes run the world.

Fox really does have a habit for fucking their shit up

>we need more money
>every show bombs except for shows without writers
>oops

I never realized how black looking her face is. Her lips are huge and niggerly

they wanted more internet money

those genius that write all that smart and intellectually challenging hollwyood scripts are an irreplaceable treasure.

It got Pushing Daisies cancelled, so for better or worse I hate it

>For 3 hours