What's the best kung fu movie and why is it Ip Man?

What's the best kung fu movie and why is it Ip Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8L2YcwrfdeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kung Fu Hustle

I couldn't get in to Ip Man because it acts like it's based on a true story but it's 99% bullshit

rumble in the bronx

THE GRANDMASTER covers the same story as IP MAN in 15 minutes, and does a better job.

plus, it has this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=8L2YcwrfdeA

I fucking hate Donnie Yen. He's the most boring kung fu star ever.

kung pow

>best kung fu movie
>posts revisionist, revenge fantasy Chinese bullshit

>it acts like it's based on a true story but it's 99% bullshit
by this standard you're going to miss out on all of the great wong fei hung movies

Way of the Dragon
The Raid
Ricki-oh
Kung Pow
Shaolin Soccer
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

>doubling the punching sound to make it sound superhumanly fast
Why do I fall for it everytime?

Enter the Dragon
Rumble in the Bronx
Kung Fu Hustle
Only God Forgives :^)

>man vs woman martial arts

they're not trying to hurt each other. the purpose of the contest is to see who can maintain the best form. that's why Ip Man loses when he breaks a floorboard at the end of the clip.

The only good were the Bruce Lee films

ever since MMA got big I just can't take these scrawny little asian manlets seriously

that shit look like a joke, this fucking 150 pound , 40 year old man couldn't beat up my little brother

I saw this webm of a comedy kung fu movie. I believe at one point he grabs one attacker and swings him around like a ragdoll to the smack the others, in a grassy field. It wasn't Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, but close.

Does this ring anyone's bells?

Probably Kung Fu Hustle.

Master of the Flying Guillotine

Just entered the genre with Enter the Dragon (Lee is a god amongst men, which kind of ruins the final fight. Grade A example of how to build an action hero though) and 36th Chamber (appropriately cornball, the fight between teacher and master was something holy but the 1st act dragged too much), where should I go next. I've also seen Ip Man and parts of Kung Fu Hustle and while I wasn't a major fan of either (Ip Man needed a better plot to hold it together, Hustle's CG just ruined it for me) I change my opinion on movies with each viewing so idk.

Hmm okay thanks. I'm gunna try that one out.

Anyone know of any other ridiculous kung fu comedies?

A lot of Jackie Chan's stuff is funny, but not ridiculous on the level of say Kung Fu Hustle or Kung Pow. The Legend of Drunken Master and Mr. Nice Guy are both pretty funny.

>Kung Pow

No

It insists upon itself

Hey, Meg.

Jackie Chan's humor is 1000x better than Kung Fu Hustle. Jackie understands physical comedy and he's one of the great stunt masters of all time.

I've always been partial to Jet Li's Fearless. I won't pretend it has the best fight scenes (though they're still great), but the movie overall, especially the story and Li's performance, just really stand out for me.