Who else is hyped?

who else is hyped?

youtube.com/watch?v=Og39iIBeOHI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJH0IH3dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sounds good to me. also liking that they went back to their old typeface and artstyle for the album art. i wonder if it'll be a concept album then.

>Drummer/vocalist Brann Dailor previously said the concept centers around a protagonist who is: “handed a death sentence from a desert ruler, and then wanders an arid wasteland – a metaphor for illness and doom.” At it’s core however, the concept is a commentary on cancer.

sounds okay, just hope it's nothing like what they put out post-CTS

apparently they worked on this one with the producer they used on CtS, so that's a good sign

it's like their old shit

cool

The song is alright, but the vocals aren't as good as they were on CtS or even Hunter. Brann seems like the only one who can hold his own and he's a little buried in the mix here.

Normally a concept like this is reason for worry, but Mastodon have pulled it off before so no reason to doubt them in that front. (Nice quads btw)

Agreed, I really liked The Hunter but they hit a roadblock in searching for a more contemporary sound with their last album.

Hype, has that Crack the Skye sound

Pretty cool, maybe another concept? but nothing really pops out as memorable, like the vocal hooks on Oblivion or the surf guitar on Divinations which were the two lead singles from CtS.
Not gonna complain though

sounds like Baroness desu but idec I'm so fucking hyped

youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJH0IH3dc

so fucking HYPE

everyone in this thread besides you retard nu-male cuck faggot

FVARK

You mean Baroness sounds like Mastodon

Been listening to it a couple of times now, it's certainly not bad but I'd have hoped for something more interesting. I'm hype as fuck for a new album but honestly, High Road had me more hype than this.

the riff is so similar to the riff from morningstar by baroness but the rest of it is mint, loving the CtS sound and production, very hyped

mastodon is fucking gay

listen to Voidod if you like vagina

Enjoying your virginity user?

I think that's because morningstar was clearly inspired by Mastodon

I'm getting Leviathan vibes out of this one

I think Mastodon are beginning to hit that perfect marriage of their old prog with more straightforward rock

A step up from OMRTS indeed

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

I didn't care for their previous two albums. This is great, sounds like the Mastodon we all know and love.

I'm fucking hyped yeah

I haven't listened yet, won't be able to until after work, but that cover alone has me hyped. The old font is back, fuck yeah.

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE

have to agree with the other anons ITT, this really does sound like old mastodon. can't quite put my finger at exactly what's different, but that would mean o'brien did his work well as the producer bringing out the magic out of them again. it can't be a coincidence that switching out the producer for the last two albums resulted in their weakest albums, he really is the fifth member

IMO it sounds like they are almost plagiarizing themselves, trying too hard to go back to the Crack The Skye sound. Not interested desu.

>inevitable cork sniffing cynical fag

hot damn

It's like an heavier version of Crack the Skye, hype as fuck

Nice song

Looking forward to see their proggy sound. The more straight forward format they adopted on the last albums are not as memorable to me.

I like it, sounds like a heavier and a little more straightforward version of something off CtS. I also like that the old font is back, but does anyone else think the red and orange background of the cover looks really generic?

Solid song. Hope that cover means they're going back to heavier, more proggy concept albums they did prior to The Hunter

on the front cover there are actual raised sporks with smaller sporks at their end, I am not listening to this

Pretty hype because the cover looks like a Mastodon album cover unlike their last two

I think making more mainstream rock for the last to albums has been great for them. They were getting tired of the proggy stuff and that let them clear their heads. Still liked those albums but CtS is my favorite.
kek

I only like the first two albums of theirs, especially Leviathan, and this one doesn't sound any better from the previous efforts.