Damn...thoughts?

Damn...thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/cdreview/new.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scaruffi is literally the first spork

Toxicity and Mezmerize are solid 7/10s though for what it's worth. Energetic riffs, dynamic songwriting, and Serj's unique vocal style.

what do you mean?

I remember reading somewhere on his site that 6 or 6.5/10 actually means "listen to this album if you're a fan of the artist" while 7/10 is a recommendation. So a lot of albums with those scores are probably not nearly as panned by him as some people might think.

yeah. at the end of the SOAD page he calls those two "good albums" which shocked me

A combination of spoon and fork

this is true
6/10 is actually pretty decent but the kneejerk reaction to seeing one is "wow fuckin asshole" due to the association with D's in academic grading schemes

Mes/Hyp deserve more credit from this place

>due to the association with D's in academic grading schemes

more like just the complete over-inflation of review scores

every other album on P4K is a fucking 8/10, anything lower than a 7 that is considered a bad review

*a score well above the average (5)*
you:
>huh I guess I hate this now
fuck off retard

>anything lower than a 7 that is considered a bad review
because anything lower than a 70% is considered a bad grade

music is not a school assignment

or at least, it usually isn't

scroofy is right but using his scale I'd rate Steal This Album another point higher.

Why do people hate System of a Down?

Beyonce BTFO

>She's a mediocre singer and an awful songwriter, and no amount of production work can fully hide that.

scaruffi.com/cdreview/new.html

SLAY

official explanations:
>Ratings: 10=best album ever; 9=rock masterpiece; 8=buy it now; 7=buy it eventually; 6=buy it if you are a fan

Mezmerize is great

SOAD's self titled is forever the best thing to come out of nu-metal, only contender is White Pony

SOAD is pretty good desu

>check his latest reviews
>every >7 score is metal, pop-punk, or goth
he's finally going after those 12 year olds for real

POPTIMISTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Yeah, you know, like the kind you hold up

His Hopelessness review is brutal, but also brutally honest. We needed someone to finally say that album sucked major dick.
Although I don't really like how it's more of a personal attack against ex-Antony, with it obvious being since it's a very superficial protest record. Plus Scruffy hates Islam and half the album is about it not the problem.
>Middle age can be brutal. You start ranting against everything and everybody because you are beginning to realize that the world doesn't need you anymore and that you are rapidly becoming an unwelcomed guest in that rapidly changing world that you can't understand anymore.
>Her music is not always horrible. It just desperately calls for a less horrible singer.
>One can respect the ecofeminist activist while at the same time demanding some artistic talent. And of course she carefully avoids telling us how she would keep Afghanistan from falling into the hands of the Islamic fundamentalists.
>She sings "I don't want your future", not "I don't want my present". Protest songs are easy to write.

Also didn't expect a 6.5 to Car Seat Headrest at all.

SOAD sucks.

Because they aren't good

So we just aren't gonna talk about how Giles Corey got a 7.5?

>We needed someone to finally say that album sucked major dick.

Everyone on Sup Forums says that all day everyday. And it doesn't suck dick. It doesn't suck dick at all. The arrangements on it are fucking great, like a more symphonic version of Sophie or Arca or something.

I actually don't understand the criticisms of this album. People always get off on weird tangents deriding this album, and Scaruffi does the same thing here--whether it's referring to Anohni as "Antony Hegarty/Anohni/whatever he/she/it is calling itself," remarking on how the reviewer finds Anohni's voice personally off-putting, or saying something about how the reviewer disagrees with Anohni's politics or finds politics in-general annoying or thinks being politically edgy is easy. No one ever says this shit about Death in June. No one ever says "this new album by Douglas Pearce/Douglas P/Death in June/whatever the fuck he's calling himself now is more sonic drivel backed up by easy, middle-aged edgy politics. See, the problem with fascism as a statement is..."

No one does that, and Death in June actually kind of sucks dick. Without the edgy Nazi shit it's just an old guy not singing over a guitar.

>Self Titled is lower than Toxicity
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, but nobody pretty much ever talks about Death in June at all. OPN, HudMo and Anohni are all bigger and better known artists individually than Death in June, so of course more people are going to talk about it. Nobody who isn't already listening to Death In June is gonna listen to a new DiJ album that gets like a 50 metascore.

the album sucks. your arca comparison is alright and makes sense. the main issue with the album is the shallowness of the lyrics and message. it's completely uninformed and reductive of the issues. i'm not really surprised because most artists are dumb as hell but you shouldn't write an album about how dumb you are. i felt like anohni was legitimized by critics via her transness, but that really doesn't validate her message. it's pretty hard to enjoy music when you're cringing at all the shitty takes. i've never listened to death in june

Loser

Giles Corey is no longer (sub)Sup Forumscore, so no one cares.

Bowie died of cancer in January 2016