Dude we're scientist and we're going to take our helmets off, ignoring possible bacteria we're not immune to...

>dude we're scientist and we're going to take our helmets off, ignoring possible bacteria we're not immune to, because the air is breathable lmao

Watching this movie for the first time now, I can't get past that part.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYnf6wuEB4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Bbzuu14bGgs
youtube.com/watch?v=r7bo_A6XnUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Come back in about ten minutes and let me know if it's gotten better

>dude I'm a biologist and I'm gonna get high on an alien planet and try to pet an alien that is clearly showing hostile behavior toward me and looks exactly like a fucking cobra lmao

I feel like I need to watch this pile of shit again

>Watching this movie for the first time now, I can't get past that part.
Lucky man. I watched it all. And it gets much, MUCH worse later on.
>two dumbfucks lost inside the ship
>see a mutated worm with size of fucking snake
>"DUDE NEED TO TOUCH THIS THING SCIENCE LMAO"

ayy here's a better landing on a spooky planet flick.

also there is no pussy-ass implied rape.

just some straight up rape.

>Two dumb fucks use floating probes that literally give them a 3D layout of the structure
>somehow get lost
>DUDE THIS OBVIOUSLY HOSTILE SNAKE IS SOOO CUTE :33 LMAO

Not only does he touch it, he babytalks it and pets it like it's a puppy.

His robot was better than the entire crew at nearly everything. Why did he bring all those suicidal retards along?

I'm sorry, how is the alien ship at all sensible again?

Is it a science vessel? With a mission to destroy earth? Parasitic infestation doesnt seem like a great idea to cause genocide.

>I'm going to put a mysterious alien substance in this guy's drink because...? What's the worst that could happen?

>I know my whole objective here is to help Weiland meet the engineers or find immortality or something, but I'm going to try to subdue the main character because I want to capture the alien inside her for no reason lol. Oops she got away, I wont chase her though. What's the worst that can happen?

>Black guy thinks I'm a robot. I better fuck him to prove him wrong.

>Shaw wants to know "why the engineers hate us" as if she can't think of a single god damn thing humanity ever did wrong.

Oh you ain't seen shit yet. I'd recommend a mouthguard or something. There's a very real possibility of fallacy-induced seizures.

its as if he has never met an academic at all, protocol is the first thing drilled into a student.

The fact they have robots and dont make them do everything and just watch and instruct from cameras is whats retarded. Literally no reason to send people down at all. Barely a reason to send people at all.

maybe he was trained by Steve Irwin

there prettier without the helmets thats all stop bveing scientific with a leisure activity nooone cares that you take it seriously but you

>JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN, BROOO!

they were hacks
thats why they got recruited to go hunt some mythical space giants, no one else would

>tfw we'll never have an Alien film were Steve Irwin is the main protagonist

He would have caught the xenomorph, subdued it and have it ready to be put in a zoo in twenty minutes without any of the other crew getting hurt.

I know, user. It's pretty bad.

Why can't I stop loving it though?

Or got stabbed in the heart and died, either or.

Watch the version with deleted scenes, it all makes a lot more sense.

I'll never forgive this film.
>see alien skeleton
>scientists shit their pants and run away
>see unidentified alien life form
>scientists want to pet it

Why did Prometheus rip off that android's head?

That's because you are autistic as fuck.

reminder this is right after he freaked out over a dead alium body

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Okay lindelof

just to play devil's advocate here
the likeliness of whatever bacteria on that planet having the capability to infect an organism from a completely different planet are pretty slim.
that doesn't stop the scene from being pants on the head retarded when you consider shit like gases being in the air they don't know off or just following basic protocol.

I guess the place they were exploring was an abandoned weapon facility with a single dude left behind to be woken from stasis for emergencies?

>theres a comic series that takes place like 5-10 years after the movie that has the black goo somehow get out of control and spread to the local plants/animals and spawned huge jungles

>then xenos show up
>the predators show up
>then an android gets injected with the goo and starts mutating into literally Frieza
>then it goes complete batshit crazy

didnt the robot dude survey the area first and say it is cool to chill?

Cause he's a jerk.

It's a tiny fucking detail. Can easily be waved off, if you truly need to have it explained to you, that this is protocole in their world as they already did tests to see if the air was breathable. As SHOW don't TELL is an important rule in the medium, they didn't need you to tell you about it.

Use some abstraction. If you are unable to get past it, I'm sorry to say but that's pretty autistic of you.

>dude, remember that guy that died horribly and got his face melted?
>yeah?
>well his signal suddenly showed up outside the door, and nobody else is with him....

>Well shit, open the door!

Yes. That scene was obvious garbage.

But it gets worse when the two idiots are toying with the alien life form. I had to stop watching after that.

If I remember correctly, one of the character explicitly states that the atmosphere is cleaner than Earth's atmosphere.

>SHOW don't TELL

And you did neither, Damon

>supposed to be like 200 years old

>looks 60

Man, I remember Sup Forums being so excited for this movie, especially when it was found out that it was rated R. Everyone thought it would be like Alien and would flesh out the lore, but instead it was a pile of shit and most people just seemed really down and defeated about the whole thing. It was kind of sad desu.

I think a big reason why TDKR memes got so popular is because everyone was depressed as shit over this movie and needed something to cheer themselves up.

free of pollutants does not mean there isnt any bacteria, virus's or fungal spores in the air

its a tiny detail with huge ramifications. the native americans were BTFO by diseases carried from europe because they had never experienced them and their bodies werent prepared to fight them off. breathing in alien air on an alien planet no one has ever been to before is tantamount to suicide

This is the same argument as "a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans"

It doesn't fucking matter if there is less bacteria. It's the different types that causes potential problems.

that's because it was transmitted from human to human
the bacteria had adapted to infect humans
that's why we worry about shit like strains of avian flues that might evolve and become capable of infecting humans
an organism from earth would literally be too alien for it to become infected by something on that planet
it would need time and continuous exposure
like was mentioned here

Don't matter, you just don't do it. Even so by breathing and interacting with the environment without suits they're introducing known bacteria to an alien ecosystem, effectively contaminating any life form that exists there.

What's up with that? Why is he zombie and other dude impregnates lady?

considering the ENGINEERS HAVE OUR SAME DNA they obviously settled on planets that had viroids and bacteria that could affect us

When the answer to your sci-fi question is "they checked" it is not a valid question

The entire movie is an enormous clusterfuck. I honestly don't even understand how someone could read such a shitty script and say "Yes, this will sell, fund it!"

Protip: turn off your brain when watching a Science FICTION movie dumbass

the viewers know that, the characters don't

thought he was the patriarchy

>that doesn't stop the scene from being pants on the head retarded when you consider shit like gases being in the air they don't know off or just following basic protocol.
so you ignored that part?

Nope, see, even if it is Science Fiction, it needs to follow the rules itself established, for instance, we kinda knew how the Space Jockey looked like and movie said nope fuck you.

Tom Hardy's worst role? I can't even think of any big guy jokes to be made

that has no bearing on what the previous user said. the point is you cant say an alien disease wouldnt affect humans when those who terraformed those planets had the exact same dna as us and lived and breathed on those planets with no problem

missed reply sorry lad. Anyway we're on the same side.

Sure if there was a amateurish fucking camera man who gets on the other side of the fucking critter so it gets spooked and lashes out.

Who knows. They both got dosed with the same shit. Weedman got a way higher dose of the goo right in his face though. Maybe having a ton of it on you makes you mutate into crazy shit.

The other dude drank some, and the goo probably didnt mutate him, but mutated tiny things already living inside his body like bacteria or possibly parasites like worms living in his ass or something. And then they hulked out and started popping out of his eyeballs and shit. And then his mutant sperm went and raped Noomis eggs and made all that other shit happen.

Theres a ton of art, and even props they made where the dead weed guy didnt turn into a zombie, but was slowly mutating with a xenomorph looking head. But they dropped the idea for some reason.

WRITTEN BY A LITERAL RETARD

>Whole reason we got that shitty make up were the flash back scenes of him first hearing about the alien markings and stuff

>All of that gets cut

that was too lewd

NOTHING MAKES SENSE

>Why is he zombie

Heres the original scene, where he was turning into some kind of mutant instead of just a zombie. But they changed their mind for some reason, and didnt bother finishing up the CGI for the scene, and went for zombie man instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=BYnf6wuEB4g

Looks like Pumpkinhead

Charlize theron being portayed as a bad ass was also one of the more hilariously bad things.

I swear i lost my shit in the theater at her intro when they have the camera zoomed in on her doing proper push ups, and then zoom out to her doing the same push ups u see 15 yr old girls do in gym class.

>that
>60

My dad is 53 and looks nowhere near that bad.

Yeah that looks retarded. Prefer the zombie than this.

Weren't these meant to be the best scientists Earth had to offer? The writing behind these characters was fucking retarded. Also the fact that they cast some Swedish tramp as a British character triggers me hard, her accent was 100% off but most amerifags fall for it so hard.

>implying harmful bacteria is the problem

They already did scans. The problem is that they're looking of alien life, and by taking off their helmets they're contaminating the whole place. Now they've got a much harder time to determine whether anything they find is connected to life on earth, or whether it's just contaminated by their breath and sweat etc.

CROIKEY MOITE, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS ALIEN SHEILA

SUCH A BEAUTYYY

When you're on a planet you suspect harbours the creators of life on earth that likeliness goes up by A LOT, though. The whole point of the expedition is that they think they'll find some aliens that are genetically linked to us.

what

>are you a robot?
>my room, 10 minutes

Can we call this a romance movie? The forced race mixing agenda really suits the femme-fatale franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bbzuu14bGgs
Daily reminder that a 1999 Star Trek spoof movie is smarter than this one.

>romance
>race mixing agenda
>femme-fatale franchise.

Always good to see someone use these terms yet have no clue what they mean

Also had sexy Sigourney Weaver, of which there was no good substitute in Prometheus.

And marvelous Rickman.
youtube.com/watch?v=r7bo_A6XnUU
His character alone underwent a greater development than the whole bunch of these brain-dead assholes.

And its always sjws who think they are a human thesaurus who get triggered

When I saw this movie, I thought the reason it seemed so nonsensical to me was because I staggered into the theater ten minutes late and hammered drunk. Turns out it was just a piece of shit

>don't have an argument? CRY SJW!

Your post was shite m8, don't feel bad you got called on it.

The characters knew BEFORE the audience did.

what was the black goo?

Also TDKR was a massive disappointment

But Idris Elba dude

Xenomorph cum

oh yeah that part made sense. I especially liked how the map guy was getting high and then got lost. All of this made sense.

That looks horrifying why wasn't that in the film? Instead he get a homeless guy with a head tumour and a spacesuit

No it doesn't. It makes even less sense.

All the alien comics are terrible.

Take that back faggot Batman vs Alien was hype

Dogs mouths are foul, they have plenty of bacteria. I'm a vet and this makes me have a fucking aneurism every time I hear it.

You forgot that the engineers went to earth and seeded life. Dna match. They knew the engineers had been to earth. they also talk about "something" making a breathable atmosphere, implying terraforming. If someone has terra formed they could have any amount of bacteria or unnatural contagions.

The characters knew about the engineers, otherwise they wouldn't have been there.

it would make sense for Fassbender to do it, he's an android right?

But the other two are dumb.

Dat compound fracture doe

read Spaiht's script. It's a billion times better than Lindelof's shite.

As an android replicating breathing he could still inhale foreign particles and then later exhale them on the ship. That is getting a little too autistic for such a soft sci-fi movie trying to be philosophical, though.

Coz he was a just a robot and he don't know what it means to be a human or how to love and feel and shit.