Fucking shit

fucking shit

I wanted to like that movie but it bored the ever living piss out of me

i liked it

I like the cinematography, like I do all PTA films, but ultimately it was boring and meandering... like all PTA films.

Characters were comfy as fuck. Probably one of my Favorite movies.

it is a bore

Dude what if I remade big lebowski but it was twice as long and half as interesting

>characters

It made me wonder how fucking tedious the book is

I liked it because I've always been about the Pynchon ideas: drug induced reality, massive secret conspiracies, idiotic and reveling characters.

I'm sure it helps to like Pynchon before liking the movie. It's become one of my favorite PTA movies.

Pynchon books are rarely tedious, relative to other authors. It's difficult, for sure, but his books are consistently fun to read, even if they're not explicitly that good.

>not explicitly that good
what did he mean by this?

The goodness is only implied.

I can't place exactly how it works, but movies like The Big Sleep and The Big Lebowski have sprawling, convoluted plots but they never feel confusing or dull. There's a moment to moment logic and tension that makes them compelling. Inherent Vice really lacked that. It's long and confusing and very hard to feel invested in. Endless scenes of X telling Doc that Y is doing Z

I liked Phoenix as Doc a lot and wish he was in a better movie.

It's better than you expect but worse than you hoped?

Boring is a buzzword and not a real criticism. If you're too stupid to explain why you thought it was boring, just don't post

So is the opposite

I thought it was boring because nothing exciting or interesting happened.

yeah me too. honestly i think pta is getting better and better.

What would have made the film more exciting or interesting to you? A CGI monster? An explosion? A car chase? Be specific

It is because they are carried by the "in your face characters" this felt a lot more subtle.

Ok please, without fucking memeing me, is this movie worth a watch?

I've only ever seen that webm of one cop sucking a popsicle like a dick and the other thinking it's gross. Oh, and someone wears sandals. Not a lot of draw for a movie that got no press.

Should I watch this or not?

I bet you walked out of Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy you total fucking pleebs, children with your attention spans are the reason that there are so few real films these days- go back to defending Snyder

If you like pta,of course.

That movie was awful. Lot of build up and no delivery.

I only watched about 10 minutes of it before tapping out. To be fair I was in the mood for a graphic rape scene and can't really blame PTA for not opening with that.

But seriously, fuck all happened in that 10 minutes. Not even a quip.

I liked when the slut was being a whore to the detective guy.

And way to misspell Tailor you moron.

Is subtlety all that important to this kind of movie? It's not like we're dealing with really complicated characters or themes, it's a fairly silly comedy-mystery. I want to be caught up in the twists and turns, and how the lead navigates the story. IV is so low key it's almost dull, and it's not remotely funny enough to sustain itself as a comedy.

TTSP was really good though. That's a hell of a lot of assumptions in one post replying to 4 different people

That's priceless

>(Insert that's not an argument meme)

They were both very slow and confusing with great cinematography, normies call TTSP boring, not a huge leap but I'm glad you at least liked TTSP

Would you have preferred if he had said Martha at the end and stopped searching for the mole?

I didn't find TTSP confusing because I was actively invested in the story and paid attention to it. IV just was not interesting, and no matter how hard I tried to make myself follow it I lost the motivation to keep hold of all the plot threads about a 70 minutes in

Normies call TTSP boring because it is boring. It really is a good waste of time. It's like watching a book, not a movie.

No, I just would have preferred it if literally anything came out of the entire. Bendthatdick Cuminbitch saves the day and someone gets shot at a home, wow, much spy, such cool.

Your taste? yeah

>TTSP

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Pie? What?

>It's not like we're dealing with really complicated characters or themes
I feel like we must've watched completely different movies, or you just took everything completely at face value. I mean, it's Pynchon for fuck's sake.

sorry it's really late, though it's funny two other people copied that without noticing

How about explaining it instead of saying empty phrases like "it's Pynchon so it must be deep", especially considering Pynchon didn't write the screenplay

It was incredibly interesting, it's probably he most historically faithful spy film ever made with a fantastic storyline that is realized through a very realistic and not at all contrived series of events- not to mention the incredibly talented cast full of unique very individual characters- the entire thing is a lesson in classic screenwriting.

But it's not boring, not to me at least, but I love history and especially the Cold War.>

>70635075
I made that mistake but top kek

I guess you're not a "normie", a term that loses its meaning day after day on this stupid site. Glad you enjoy history, so do I, yet I couldn't even help myself from being terribly bored from this movie. If you liked it, you're in a very small minority and don't expect more movies like it anytime soon.

Just read the novel instead, pynchon is fucking GOAT.

Not as good as The Master but then again The Master is the best movie of the decade so far so yeah give it a try

It's anecdotal but I posted about TTSS a year back and it did very well, keep reading history my fellow buff

It's a pretty thematically rich work about how a variety of forces, from government infiltration to 'Mansonoid cults' to growing conglomerates (like the ever-present Golden Fang) brought about an end to the hippy era, as well as a personal story about Doc and his inability to let go. It's obviously not a film very concerned with having a coherent central narrative, so obviously that's not the point.

>Look at rotten tomatoes.
>Critic consensus
>It's a mess
>That's why it's good
Fuck off you wanna be intellectuals

Never seen The Master either. Heard good things and never had anything spoiled. PSH is amazing and I really hope that movie delivers. I'll watch it sometime when I'm not hammered and posting on Sup Forums, thanks user.

>the scene with joaquins old girlfriend rubbing his dick with her feet while naked
>its escalates into him slapping her ass and pounding her tight hippy puss

hnnngh

>he checks the RT score when debating films, can't argue anything besides points

Didn't mention about you blithering drunk

Sadly user a lot of people think this way. I know a guy who when discussing anything like an album or a movie jumps right to what some critic said about it. People claim critics have amazing taste, as though "critic" isn't some nonsense term.

Roger Ebert was a critic. We don't have those anymore. We have people who make noises according to someone else. RT is one of the "somone else"'s I'm talking about.

Protip for watching this movie: SUBTITLES! It seriously helps. And also remember that the plot doesn't make any sense, so instead focus on the characters and their journey, not what is happening with Mickey Wolffman

Critics think they're gatekeepers and the sole arbiters in all things media and culture. Fuck them. I struggle to ever agree with a critic.

... The critics loved it you neanderthals.

Boy if you like PSH you're in for a treat, best role of his career

Holy shit. I wish I could view The Master for the first time. PSH and Phoenix's best roles.