The Witch

Fucking loved it. Don't know what the hate is about.

What do you guys think the Rabbit was all about though?

Most of the hate probably comes from people simply not understanding the dialouge

To be honest, I didn't catch all of it either, but if I need to hear dialouge to follow a movie then that's not a very good movie, is it?

Is this movie worth watching? What happens in it? Can you describe exactly what happens from beginning to end and include, verbatim, the best bits of dialogue? I kinda want to watch it based on the title, but I don't want to be tricked into watching a bad movie like Sup Forums has done before.

it's wannabe kino for retarded horror fans

haven't even seen it I can just tell by the trailer

>haven't even seen it

Oh, it shows

Eh it was ok. I honestly was expecting a bit more suspense tbfh user. I did think it was really well shot though. And Thomasin was very attractive.
I had no trouble with it. Do you mean the way the script is written or the actors voices? The father did have a bit of a deep/fucked up way of speaking which made me rewatch the we won't let our environment rule us scene.

Shit was garbage, I could understand everyone perfectly it just wasn't any good.

It's a really great period piece and adaptation of Puritan horror stories

>calls film shit
>haven't seen it tho senpai

never change Sup Forums

I'm tired of period pieces

It was all in old English, and pretty authentic (as far as I know.) It's surprisingly hard to understand your own language from a couple of hundred years ago

I didn't call it shit

never change reddit

>I'm tired of period pieces

That's an incredibly broad genre user

Not the OP, but the movie is about a 17th century puritan family that is expelled from their town and forced to live in the middle of nowhere. Soon lots of bad stuff happen to them, and in despair they suspect that a vvitch may live nearby and be the source of their woes. While there is weird shit going about, the conflict is really on how they react to them, being extremely superstitious people and very prone to seek blame in others. Telling more would be stupid, watch the damn thing.

>english is not my first language
>watch movies always with english dubs
>watch this
>wat.srt
>fucking enjoy it anyway
>mfw

>I am pretty sure this movie sucks
>but I haven't watched it guise!

OK

>insults a movie
>doesn't use the word "shit"
>"I didn't call it shit"
>spouts reddit meme out of nowhere

I honestly I can't tell if you're baiting or genuinely stupid.

>What do you guys think the Rabbit was all about though?
The rabbit, the raven, and Black Phillip are three forms of the Devil in the posters, who's supposed to represent people's desires. As I understood, they evolved into each other as the puritans became more and more paranoid. The first was the seemingly harmless aspect of the Devil, something simple you may want but which also leads to more dangerous things when pursued relentlessly. The second was the state of corruption that followed, revealing them as hypocrites (the father doomed his family because of his conceit, the mother had five children to look after but was only concerned with nursing the baby, the older brother lusted after his sister). And then Black Phillip literally becomes a scapegoat for their sins, even though he actually may not have been the Devil incarnate all along.

So they're kinda like the three beggars in Lars von Trier's Antichrist, except they stood for stages of depression instead of desire.

Was the dialogue hard to understand? To me it mostly seemed like they just replaced "do you" with "dost thou", and so on. Were there many unique Shakespearean words?

Admittedly I watched the movie with subtitles.

The wabbit was a shapeshifting witcheroo catching a whiff of her prey.

>literally becomes a scapegoat

Pottery

>Was the dialogue hard to understand?
Yes.

>tfw she will never prey on you

I'm from northern England and my aunt still speaks like the people in this film. I understand everything perfectly without subs.

English is not even my first language but I could understand a lot of the dialogues without reading the subtitles.

Besides that, the movie was great.

I was worried they'd fuck it up with the finale but what I saw satisfied me A LOT.

>When its shitty outside, I don't want to get up
>I stay in bed though I know its a sin
Sounds like me.
Seriously though, thats not 'too' hard to understand.
Do you have any more?

I'm not even English but I could understand it perfectly. Are you a donkey?

>tfw The Big Nigger offers you butter

>Seriously though, thats not 'too' hard to understand
It's not, that's the point.

Caleb died deliciously.

How is that difficult?

>BAA
>BAA
>BAA

Chillest nigga out

Thomasin is cute. CUTE!

The rabbit, crow and the goat was a devil.

>sell soul to devil
>have to choose between butter, pretty dress, seeing the world, and living deliciously
>be hungry as fuck because living innawoods with poor as fuck parents
>choose butter

do you ever see the witch in the movie?

you see several

That wouldn't surprise me from that fucking hustler. Great Nigger is a nickname well deserved given the deals he makes.

>do you ever see the witch in the movie?
Is this 1999?

w2c witch gf. serious replies only

Nu-England

ah so it's like The Village?

Just watch the movie you twat

>The Village
>1999

would have been a solid 9/10 if thomasin pulled out those perky little tits

dat ass though

English is not my first language but i understood everything perfectly

more like dat body double

Did the prayers work or was he talking about satan here?

More like the BITCH
XD

It's supposed to be ambiguous. Did he actually repent and have an orgasmic religious experience? Or was he possessed and mocking?

>old english

If you didn't understand this movie youre certifiably retarded

Tbh as an American I could understand the words and meaning but I had difficulty understanding the accent and the dad's super bassy voice

Couldn't understand shit they were saying. Crap film

6/7 out of 10
One of my favourite horror movies

So it's a horror movie for people who hate horror movies?

>horror movie
>it's not scary
>doesn't even have jump-scares or monsters
gulp

Depends how you define horror movies
What would you say are great horror movies?

If I had to make a list of movies I liked that could be considered horror:
>The Neon Demon
>Suspiria
>Rosemary's Baby
>Eraserhead
>Under The Skin
>28 Days Later
>The Witch

Obviously these aren't necessarily 'horror' in the pure form, but Suspiria is pretty classic

Thrillers =/= Horror
Suspense =/= Horror
You new here?

Apart from Under The Skin those are all considered horror movies
what the fuck is your problem?