Is linguistic purism a thing in your cunt? Are you okay with loanwords coming into your language?

Is linguistic purism a thing in your cunt? Are you okay with loanwords coming into your language?

What is pic related saying?

They took a sentence full of mmorpg slang and made it sound like a medieval heroic story.

yes!
as a matter of fact, I hope that German and all other languages will die out, so everybody speaks only English.
Imagine how much money we could save for all the translation, and imagine how awesome it would be to travel to every country in the world without needing to learn the language

Please, kill yourself. Or come to Apeland so someone will do the job for you.

>linguistic purism

Just look at your language 200 years ago and compare it to today. Language always change.

>not being pragmatic
I think it is you who must go to the favela

dont you think it is great that we can communicate across an ocean?
Imagine if every person in the world could talk to one another, like we do

Some people are very autistic about it.

No.

We use loanwords for practical reasons. But poeple will laugh at you if you use them when isn't really necessary, making you look like a model/faggot fashionista guy.

>implying English isn't bastardized French

excellent post

Getting rid of something that takes hundreds of years to be developed, something which is the very core of a nation's identity, just for the sake of favoring subhumans who cannot learn a second language (like Americans) is far from being pragmatic. It's laughable, it's the pinnacle of stupidity.

That's a privilege, not a right. If you want to communicate with other nations you have to be a man and put some effort into it. That's also a sign of respect, something teenagers like you do not know I'm afraid.

>That's a privilege, not a right. If you want to communicate with other nations you have to be a man and put some effort into it. That's also a sign of respect, something teenagers like you do not know I'm afraid.
so would you prefere if Brazil had 10 different languages and nobody could understand each other?

We have some, but it's very weak. There is some for some modern technology, but people also don't care much about English words in day to day language, and people also don't want to clean up old pollution.
I think it has gotten weaker over time, especially in the late 1800s and early 1900s, people cared a lot about it, and we have some old words for chemistry and physics that no one knows or uses, for example nitrogen "kvæve", hydrogen "brenne", electricity "ravkraft". I'm also a fan of the word "kringkasting", I think it means broadcasting, and literally it means throwing things around.

In written Norwegian, there has traditionally been a strong tradition for purism, and there is still some left, including banning German words that entered the language more than 500 years ago, for example, all Norwegians know the word "byrja", usually "begynne" in spoken language, means begin. There are some lists of higher words that people are supposed to know that are only used in written language when you are writing true Norwegian.

Some examples of more modern translations are "nettbrett" for tablet, it literally means web board or something. That thing you use to browse internet with. Browser is "nettleser", or web reader.

The government still tries to come up with norwegian words, and they are sometimes taken in use, but general Norwegians don't care much, and the government lacks the power to enforce it much, and also, anti-Norwegian attitudes are common, including in the governmnent.

>this is coming from a Brazilian

More languages means more culture, more traditions and true diversity over a shitty melting pot. So yes.

where the fuck did that pic come from lol sorry heheh :-DDDDDD

No. We love English so much we even assign English words to things that have a totally different meaning than what they're supposed to describe. (kinda like Engrish, but not as funny)
The most famous example is probably "Handy" for cellphone.

There used to be a bloke which militated for purism, but he died and no one else cares. I think loanwords are fine when they are needed to name new inventions or concepts, but damaging when they replace existing words just for the sake of fashion.

>caring this little about your language and culture
You must be a libtard. I used to be a germanboo, but I have grown absolutely despise modern Germans.

Most of our languages, even English, will die out like Latin one day. It is only natural.

Yes I think its great. But languages are part of a nation's culture. Some languages have words that other languages don't and that influences how people think. I think its very important to keep the uniqueness while also building bridges. There should be local languages and a universal language.

I think there are two types of loan words. Some follow the patterns of the language, and others stick out and break down how the language feels. I think that the first type can be relatively okay, while the second type is bad.

>tr for heal for ICC lb run 1 place left achieve/armory check 13/13exp
And this oldschool-style shit below.

it's not

it's a hybrid of west and north germanic languages that has been bastardised with romance loan words

Well, yes, they do, but how does it justify filling your language with foreign words?

>Is linguistic purism a thing in your cunt?

Yeah, formal Slovene with its lack of accented notation, its many adverbs and its endeavoring to purge all non-Slavic elements found in dialects offers a plethora of possibilites for snobs to one-up plebs. I know I've been the target of many a stone-cold correction from pristine, smirking blonde chicks in my time.

Only autistic juveniles make the effort to use "pure" Swedish (as if there even is such a thing). They also tend to use numerous archaisms, often incorrectly, revealing how big plebs they actually are.

no; if anything, americans and canadians have a hard-on for loanwords. plenty of autistic professors in britain who insist upon germanic vocabulary, though

So there are solely Russians words in you language? Because that's not the case.

>So there are solely Russians words in you language?
No, but it would definetely be good if it was like that