It's NLDW for normies

>It's NLDW for normies

How do people even like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bkUr99epJh8?t=414
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it is better than NLDW

Maybe because music is subjective

Yeah. Because Bieber is better than Chopin because music is subjective.
Lmao. That's silly.

I'm a huge DG fan but you could reasonably make the argument that Yeezus is better than anything DG has ever done. It's more visceral and raw than anything DG ever did, well maybe not On GP, that song is on another level. Just the pixilated, ear-piercing screams on I Am a God are something else. To think that this album went platinum is mind blowing. Normies didn't get it though, they want their Graduation Kanye back.

I see Yeezus as a time-capsule in CD format. It perfectly captures the zeitgeist of the time it was recorded in. The mistrust of authority, the feeling of impending doom, the paranoia of the modern age, the hedonism etc.

This nigga gets it.

if you think yeezus is a death grips rip off, then you fell for the meme, not everyone else

The beat drop in blood on the leaves is singlehandedly better than anything I’ve heard from death grips

NLDW is NLDW for normies

I agree with your post entirely but Hacker is a better encapsulation of the early 2010s than any single song on Yeezus.

Anne Bonny sounds more Yeezus-esque than any track on NLDW but that album came out after Yeezus.

You don't really know the definition of "subjective" now do you? There is no objective "better than" in music because everything you like is based on your preexisting bias. 14 y/o white girls might actually think Bieber is better than Chopin, doesn't mean either side is right or wrong

Rathionally explain how Bieber could be better than Chopin?

> It perfectly captures the zeitgeist of the time it was recorded in

Especially the time of Kanye's life. We're just now seeing the mega-celeb status take its toll on him :/

>Bieber: Sorry, What Do You Mean, Love Yourself, What Do U Mean
>Chopin: Buncha fucking preludes and etudes.

I rest my case.

the best song on yeezus would be the worst song on all of his other albums

deleted the whole fucking thing no matter how many listens I tried to like it. what a phoned in pile of a shit. you idiots will lop up anything. you understand this followed dark fantasy?

I get it, Yeezus is too eccentric for you.

>Zeitgeist of the time

Lmao I'm pretty sure we're still expecting impending doom

can someone link the NLDW or yeezus for not-normies? i'm pretty sure, once again, that normie is being used as a stand in for popular, and in these cases, popular isnt antithetical to good.

co-sign. love this record

right, but no love is also pretty dope

you either 'get' yeezus

or you dont.

>you understand this followed dark fantasy?

Yes nigga and that's partly what makes it so great. he defied every expectation, didn't try to repeat success and went COMPLETELY left field.

Yeezus is like aural representation of a middle finger

actually die antwoord is death grips for normies

yeah, dark fantasy slays-- 7 minutes of nikki minaj and jayz rapping, what a treat..

Is it weird I'm not into hip hop and usually dislike Kanye but think this is a legitimate masterpiece

Nope, it is a genuine masterpiece.

youtu.be/bkUr99epJh8?t=414

That sound he makes honestly disturbs me. He was going through a lot.

The fuck are you on about? Yeezus is tame as fuck compared to most Death Grips tracks, most obviously due to lack of crazy Zach Hill rhythms. Most of Yeezus' fault doesn't lie in the fact that's it's "so weird" and so "out there". In fact, it's probably not weird enough. Also an excellent example of a record showing that sloppiness actually leads to the music sounding less intense and raw than it could've been.

Yeezus isn't part of the cultural zeitgeist. It's about Yeezy himself (like all his other records.) Hip hop ranging from Death Grips to Kendrick to goddamn Run The Jewels covers that stuff better.

>run the jewels

>Kendrick

More like clipping. for normies

Oh god, just shut the fuck up Fantano.

Could Chopin sing? no, so btfo

>Chopin: Buncha fucking preludes and etudes.
And you demand to be taken seriously... If you were baiting, you didn't do a good job. 5/10

>were making collaborative efforts on hedonism, dystopia, and believing in their ideals before and after Yeezus
>not pertaining to this topic
Back when Yeezus first came out, RTJ1 came out a few days later, and the big iconic track about the culture shit among hip hop heads wasn't something from Yeezus, but the final track off of RTJ1 (which can be related to whether you're approaching life from a left or right wing perspective)

Kanye never had scores of protesters singing his songs in the face of authority. Nor does any of his work have any real ideas of responsibility the way Kendrick's stuff does whether from a personal one or one that talks of black people needing to get their own shit together rather than always blaming something else.

>getting BTFO this hard that only shit name calling is all you have
Yeezus fans, everybody. The really pathetic thing is that some of you aren't even baiting and are actually serious.

Also forgot to mention that the themes more unique to Yeezus had already been done on MBDTF a few years before. TLOP is the first Kanye record that moves on from that while Yeezus is practically a full album dedicated to the same shit POWER talks about.

Oh i get it your brain hasn't developed enough to have social cognition, so you're unaware that there are people who have different thoughts and opinions than you. My apologies.

New Slaves alone is more culturally relevant than anything Kendrick or Run the Jewels have ever done. If there ever was a song I'd call "woke", it would be that track.

You're just Kanye hater driven by blind hatred, that's why I assumed you're Fantano. Yeezus was critically acclaimed, only normies didn't get it. You are a normie with no taste, now fuck off.

i have absolutely no concern with how a right wing perspective views or consumes hip hop; and just because kanye didn't make a 'woke' record doesn't mean the sensibility or attitude of the record didn't exemplify or presage the feeling of the times.

but feel free to enjoy the cultural lens of rtjs and their poignant cat memes

normies get yeezus. normies get kanye. ffs.

this
also a DG fan and to anyone who thinks they sound alike has never listened to more industrial/electronic hip-hop other than DG

Chopin puts me to sleep and Bieber gets bitches to shake their ass so hmmm

Yeezus is a bore fest filled with generic lyrical gibberish. The Money Store is the album Kanye West wishes he made in 2013, but instead we get "MUH LETHER BLAK JEENS ON"

Death Grips are like the modern Pere Ubu in terms of depicting the existential vaccuum. If Kanye West reflects your life in his songs you're probably breezing through life whether you realize it or not.

but NLDW is already for normies