Was he really all that bad?

Was he really all that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_0PSZ59Aws
usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2013/10/21/greg-lemond-lance-armstrong-doping/3146479/
youtube.com/watch?v=8txt3DmdzjA
youtu.be/rEfSdPz1WtA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He literally spent his entire career winning everything and doing absolutely nothing wrong.

you're talking about EPO?

No, he was a useful scapegoat. The entire tour at the time should have been brought to task, but Armstrong is all anyone recognise

He's a cheater and a liar who tried ruining anyone who ever crossed him

So yes

I trusted him and believed in him. he lied to my face. he was my hero. fuck this nigger.

He did nothing wrong. I don't advocate cheating, but he wasn't cheating. Cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world, has been for 90 years. In cycling, you basically have to consider dope just a part of the sport.

"Cheating" would be if he strapped a motor to his bike or something like that.

this

dude took the fall for everyone. meanwhile the rest of the dopers in that era (nearly everyone) can go on with their lives as if nothing happened.

I'm torn between these two

America will forgive almost anything but I don't think he will ever recover from this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=N_0PSZ59Aws

He cheated the whole time and used the cancer charity to slip the suspension noose repeatedly.

I don't really like his personality but the entire sport cheated along with him and still does. He was completely dominant on a level playing field.

I am of the opinion that he was an immensely talented sportsman who unfortunately had to bend the rules in order to receive the glory he rightfully deserved. Neither doping nor blood transfusions make you a Tour de France winner automatically. You still have to train harder than others, you still have to be faster than others, and you still have to have more stamina than others. And, since everyone was bending the rules as well, he clearly was the most talented cyclist of them all. As a matter of fact, I would say he was amongst the most talented in history.

No, I still wear my livestrong bracelet when I race. He was a huge inspiration to me when I grew up and he's the reason I got into cycling in the first place. I can't look down on someone because just because they fucked up.

he was the best cheater in a sport full of cheaters. Yah, shame on him for doing it, but its basically a necessity to even qualif. He was still a great cycler on top of the stimulants, so you cant at least admire what he did

Hard to know how to go.

Is being the absolute best cheater in a sport that demands cheating being a cheater or a winner?

Is he still rich? If he is it was worth it.

I never fell for that Live Strong bullshit. I lost a nut to cancer. it happens, you move on. I just didn't get to tell the world and make myself the center of attention.

until now

Cycling only has a "dirty" reputation because it has very stringent testing and competitors get popped for PEDs more often as a result. Almost every elite-level athlete from at least the last 40 years has taken PEDs; to think otherwise is naivete

That being said, Armstrong sued people who called him out for his PED use and destroyed the careers of people who spoke the truth. He's an asshole

Those bracelets were virtue-signaling status symbols for holier-than-thou liberal feel-gooders. As such, fuck him and those bracelets.

>usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2013/10/21/greg-lemond-lance-armstrong-doping/3146479/
>"Former cycling great Greg LeMond says Lance Armstrong would have been "top 30 at best" and "not capable of" winning the Tour de France without the help of doping"
>He was completely dominant on a level playing field
and what makes you believe that? even if we go with your assumption that everybody in cycling is doped, what makes you believe that they all have access to the same products?

of course
He posts his rides/runs on Strava and still owns a stake in Trek bicycles.

Yes he was. Every top race bike driver did doping during those days, but none of them destroyed the lives of people around him and threatened to kill them. Just asked Greg LeMond.

Is Ledecky?

i didn't realise he was the only rider in that generation who was caught .
really makes me think .

>what makes you believe that they all have access to the same products?
why wouldn't they?

>i didn't realise he was the only rider in that generation who was caught .
he wasn't

*just ask

he was fucking ruthless to a lot of people. if he had just fessed up to it in 2005 during the initial federal investigation (that was dropped), it would have been a different story. instead he spent 8 years being a total fucking dickhead

although technically lance did get "caught" twice during his career, in both cases the results were declared inconclusive and concealed under suspicious circumstances.

the only reason he ever fessed up to it was because the UCI stripped his Tour de France wins after mounting circumstantial evidence from former teammates and associates.

To this day however, it really comes down to his word vs. other people's word. If he really wanted to he could have denied it to his death, not that anyone would believe him, because there is really no damning "smoking gun" evidence.

interesting documentary if anyone is interested and has the time
youtube.com/watch?v=8txt3DmdzjA

He failed at least two tests after the fact upon retest, not that that means anything.

His crime was being a fucking douchebag who claimed natty while throwing everyone else under the bus. A true sociopath.

Yes, even if you put the doping aside he was a massive cunt who fucked over lots of people

This. He was a psychopath who would ruin peoples lives if they had anything bad to say about him. Obviously he was a brilliant athlete and a real winner, but he got a bit too carried away with all of that shit.

Yes, he was a monster, and anyone who follows speed cycling would understand.

You fucking bandwagonists need to stop dickriding him.

He cheated and ruined lives of the people who said the truth. He's a piece of shit who should've died of cancer.

The entire sport of cycling should've gone with him though

This

Because some people have more money, better doctors and better contacts than others.

nothing wrong with blood doping, it's like training in high altitudes, which is pretty much why kenyans dominate endurance sports.

He is a fucking sociopath who had no problems ruining peoples lifes to protect his cheating so yeah. As for the cheating itself, who gives a fuck about cycling.

They didn't win 100 million dollars though.

yes he was absolute sociopathic cancer who wrecked US cycling, the worst cunt ever in pro sports, which is saying something. Stop making these shitty threads.

this
He used his 'connections' to get a fed investigation dropped, then spent another fucking decade being a cunt.

youtu.be/rEfSdPz1WtA

>recommended videos: Jeff Novitzki
kek

Why is his face fucked up like that?

Yeah he got caught. Too bad.

He's a cunt, pure and simple.

shiiit, I hope I don't get cancer for laughing at this