twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it was fucking fantastic.
It got me into Nick Cave.

>post yfw the first time you watched this part

youtube.com/watch?v=CzinPgsxokE

Shrek 2 got me into The Boatman's Call.

It was kino.

it was amazing.

too bad killing them softly sucked though. i had high hopes for it.

Good shit. It's a shame Brad Pitt can't act though

That's one silly poster

Great billythekino though

actually yeah this is legit Kino. Great movie.

Excellent, plus great acting honestly, I wasn't expecting that

Sup Forums doesn't talk about good movies.

But yes it was excellent. Pure kino.

> Don't that picture look dusty

It's amazing because this line would be so cheesy and cringy in any other movie, but somehow it fits perfectly here

Fuck off, Brad Pitt is a damn good actor. Is he Day-Lewis level? No, but he's blown me away in several films this past decade. This one was where he turned the corner.

Fuck, the actual assassination scene almost killed me. Sam Rockwell is awesome in this too

I loved it. I think it surpasses the other 3 big films from 2007 (TWBB, NCFOM, Zodiac) because of how much more emotional the story is. Outside the HW parts of TWBB, the other three are all cold tension and showboat directing, great for what they are but this hits much harder. It's a very sad movie, and I think it does a better job at examining the myths of the West than more overt subversions like Unforgiven

Well it's apparently what he actually said, according to legend. In the film it works because he's just looking for something to say before he dies, it's inherently fake sounding because it is fake.

>There would be no eulogies for Bob

Sam Rockwell has never been in a bad movie.

The Way Way Back was bad and so was he in it

how do you not know what Sup Forums thinks of this movie? please stop making threads you are bad at it.

Cowboys & Aliens and Poltergeist were trash.

Regardless, I don't think he's ever given a bad performance. The product may end up being disappointing, but Rockwell always goes all in.

>The shotgun would ignite, and Ella Mae would scream, but Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words.

It's up there, great atmosphere, cinematography, acting. That assassination scene, the last part and the fact that the title of the film is ''The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'' as a last fuck you to poor Bob

Renner was also great in it.

>Sam Rockwell has never given a bad performance

ftfy

>Brad Pitt is a damn good actor

You are fucking insane.

I was a bit iffy on the narration at the start but it made the ending and the whole film

He's a solid character actor that was born pretty enough to become a leading man

Not that guy, but I loved PItt in the following movies, Interview with a Vampire, and Legends of the Fall

He's great in Moneyball.

who robert ford team? he did nothing wrong, pitt was a faggot

That's because they are great movies. Don't mix a good movie with good acting.

Love it, it's in my top 10.

I try not to think too much about it though because then I remember there's a version that's more than three hours long and will probably never be released

me

I thought it was perfectly fine as it is. People always think more is more but you have to think how that affects the pacing, the tone of the movie, or even how a longer cut includes scenes that change characterization and theme. If a movie doesn't feel like something is missing then I can't cry over longer edits nobody was ever going to see to begin with

The only thing I'd like is more of Dick

A lot of people (normies/plebs) dislike this movie

W H Y?

Great movie, greatest score

Too long probably?

Long, slow, not romantic (as in hero's romance, not relationship), Pitt is a creepy scumbag and not a hero, the protagonist is kind of a weird loser kid. Pretty easy to see why casual movie watchers would dislike it

I know but that version was watched at a film festival and apparently it convinced them to give Brad Pitt a reward as best actor.

I know more is not always better, I prefer the shorter version of Apocalypse Now rather than the redux, but it would be nice if the longer version of TAOJJBTCRF was available.

Its a western with barely any shooting. Also very long and doesnt follow a "hero", everyone is a cunt.

That's true, it should be available to see to judge

I kinda like Casey Affleck desu

Because they're normies and plebs?

Not enough quips, explosions, and CGI.

Very underrated actor

Probably because he's so good at playing creepy losers

I'm that guy and I may very well be insane. I am on Sup Forums after all.

Pitt has proved himself to be talented and I'd say surprisingly. Yeah he was solid in 12 Monkeys and Se7en and Fight Club but with Assassination and after, he went to another level. He did Burn After Reading, Ben Button, Inglorious Basterds, Moneyball, and Fury. Very different films and characters. And I'm missing a few films there too.

He's not the greatest. But he can do big and small, loud and quiet, hard and soft. He's certainly not shit. And I have no idea why I'm so pro Pitt today, I'm just begging to suffer, I guess.

Begging to differ, I mean. Ugh I hate posting on phones.

Gay as fuck student film by hollywood

> Dat extremely super RARE Wooden Case DVD copy

FUCK if I could only get my hands on ONE COPY