How can I come to terms with liking Michael Gira's music while not condoning his repulsive acts of sexual battery...

How can I come to terms with liking Michael Gira's music while not condoning his repulsive acts of sexual battery against a defenseless woman?

>he/she/xhe doesn't separate the artist from the art.

just dont think about it, there solved

>implying there is anything wrong with raping a slave

C'mon man, even the founding father did that shit.

realize the woman who accused him was bipolar, had a history of unsubstantiated claims against other men, was signed and then dropped from young god records, and was pretty much an awful human being

>implying he really did it

poor wimmin amiright guise?

>implying you don't want the big G to give you the D

WTF I hated and then loved Young God Records now

>wrote the best song in all of cosmic history, Promise Of Water, and no one cares

AWOOOO-OOOO
AWOOOO-OOOO

>Gira has acknowledged the spring 2008 night in question, claiming that no such intimate acts between the two were ever "consummated", calling the incident "an awkward mistake."
>"an awkward mistake."

I want M. GIRA to be my dad

I don't think he did it, that woman is ugly as sin.

Realise that worst case scenario with the whole thing is Gira drunkenly tried to shag someone, realised he was doing something wrong and stopped.

Dude's got a track on The Glowing Man centered around a woman that fought back against an attempted rape.

Blood Promise on Swans Are Dead is the best piece of music in human history

Write what you know.

"Awkward mistake" is a pretty good way to describe an uncomfortable situation with no sexual intercourse.

That song was written for his wife to perform. It's about a real assault she experienced years back and was written long before Grimm started accusing Gira of rape.

I'm pretty sure he didn't do it

have you even SEEN the women who accused him of rape? Ain't nobody gonna rape that ugly bitch lmao. Especially not Gira who can get all the preteen pussy he wants

Problematic post

Swans is awful and so are all of you

>Also, women like me used to be hanged for speaking out as well

also lol at Luke Stewarts "ok"s

(not true, by the way)

Gira just needed to flex his muscles

Well I think one should be able to separate the art from the artist. Also if you don't respond to this post your mom will die in an hour.

damn

do you not understand what consummate means

oh shit

the man's fucking EX-WIFE defended him, so you know he's innocent

I really hope this is OP and you're too lazy and stupid to look into how that track was written from his wife's perspective as mentioned

'problematic' lmao

Alright, responding to this post now.

To me the most damning thing is the Heroes As Gang Leaders thing. A woman who Larkin claimed was sexually assaulted coming forward on the side of Gira who she does;t even know? I have no idea why she would do this unless Larkin was lying

Oh fuck dude

FRICK YOU
R
I
C
K

Y
O
U

fuck that

>Liking Michael gira