twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for grimeth, guitarist of the century

What are you guys listening to atm

youtube.com/watch?v=Djzyqq5fvIc

youtube.com/watch?v=6xgGBtjxcXA

youtube.com/watch?v=4b3GdDnWibU

There was shit-all from NAMM this year.

really like the greenhornes desu

They are great. Check out The Orwells too.
youtube.com/watch?v=AcNaveAVnII

>What's the name for phrygian dominant with a raised second?

Aeolian Dominant or the Hindu Scale
It's a mode of Melodic Minor
A Melodic Minor has the same notes as E Aeolian Dominant

guys how do I power chord?

First you'll need one of these

Any experience on how to transport gear on a plane? Should a small practice amp survive in a suitcase if I stuff it with clothes or something?

I don't want a power cord I want to power CHORD
there's an H in there m8

youtube.com/watch?v=n11PqpTvflo

Now you can play the following:

Hate To Say I Told You So
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Song 2
All Day And All Of The Night
Hardest Button To Button

Ahh I see. Here you go mate just add power

STACKS ON STACKS ON STACKS.

> Greater than 7 strings

Neck thyself

Bet you've never felt Endurneck, have fun with that squier of yours!

Thread really sucks so far.

I-i-its a 700 dollar Epiphone

>muh Epiphone

Dean came out with some cool stuff.
Also:
Daily reminder that epiphone isn't that bad

What do I use to fill in scratches on a guitar finish? I bought a used guitar and it has a bunch of circular scratches with a cloudy area in the center like someone tried to use a cloth made out of the wrong material to buff it.

Is there some kind of clear coat or something that I can rub on that will fill in these tiny scratches?

Sorry man, Epihoe is better than Gibson. Period.
However I still think les paul shaped guitars suck for one reason: neck accessibility.

3M Finesse it.

squier + 150$ = best guitars
anything else is just showing off with your parents money :^)

Grit 40 sandpaper on your guitar
Grit 40 sandpaper on your asshole

Isn't there a way to fill the scratches in instead of buffing them out?

Fuck that's what 3m Finesse is. Never mind I'm going ot use that.

oh, are they deep scratches? That's a much more involved process, you could fill the scratches with crazy glue (after trying to color match any discolored scratches) then scrape, then sand with 800-3000 grit, then buff out.

If they're not deep buffing out with a compound+ polish is probably the best way to go though. You can get decent results by hand if you don't have a buffer

Bought my first guitar with a floyd rose since I was like 13 years old. I forgot how to set these things up properly and change strings. Anyone got an online guide?

>Aristides

I love that stuff, it's a polish with some abrasives in it so it'll get rid of light scratches and buff to a great shine without the need for another product.

I live in the hometown of Aristides, gotta bike 10 mins fo dat. Their tech does my guitars.

Hey guys, I got literally over a hundred usable tones on amplitube and other amp sims, if I were to make a tutorial series on how to achieve certain tones like Steve Vai's "For the love of god" and Eric Johnsons's "Cliffs of dover" and things of the like, would you guys be interested in it?
And if so, could you guys suggest clever names for a channel based on that?

Don't forget the buffer

Anyone?

I want this so bad, but I just got an Elite Strat this year so I gotta wait a bit.

Mad jelly to be quite honest. Is the one on the left a Schecter

Aye, Banshee Elite 7.
But my EUGG Run #1 Raptor 6 Skerv is incoming soon ;)

Man, Schecter's really upped their game lately making good quality aesthetic guitars

Only Banshees imo. And Keith Merrow models.

starting to get into slide guitar

any must have pedals/pickups/etc? also what is the best string gauge, currently using 11-49s

10-52.

too soft for slide in my experience so far, kind of wondering if i shouuld get something thiccer

Just got this.

I think I may take this opportunity to try and slowly subvert the mustang/jaguar/jazzmaster meme and slowly convert the thread to Gretsch.

no gretsch; tele

is it worth skipping a day of daily practice if my fingertips are weak enough to effect my playing? the pain isnt as much of an issue as is my fingertips just sort of giving up and flubbing much more frequently.

im only a few months into learning and im not sure if i should just muscle through the pain or if i might just tear up my fingers then end up having to wait more than a day to play again.

Tele's are too legit to be a meme, though.

what are some good pedals to own if i want to make post-hardcore noise rock?
here's a list of pedals i'm interested in
-Harmonic Percolator
-Swollen Pickle
-WMD Geiger Counter
Which combonation should i get?

take a break as often as you need to. injuries will take far longer than a day to heal, better to just avoid them

For your genre, gear doesn't matter. Partly because so much nuance is lost in the layering of the band's full sound for that genre, but mostly it's because you'll never find bandmates.

pedals won't matter very much if you can't use them
find a drummer first

three swollen pickles

>double pickle dude BTFO

I have bandmates, i just need help with shaping my tone, and i don't really want to waste money.

ok thanks, i wasnt sure if i should just be tanking through potential injuries because theyd make my fingers stronger in the end, and i also feel like kinda a bum skipping a day.
i guess ill just go watch some theory videos or something.

If you want to make noises you should get a Line 6 DL-4. Every math rock guy and noise band has one.

just realized i can use triads to identify notes on the fretboard too

triads are so awesome. you're practicing triads right?

who the fuck chose those root notes

what do you mean?

give me some good songs to practice my 7th chords to

why would you do key of A for a noob exercise, use C and make it easy on the lads

You never know. I had a suitcase survive a couple 20 hour international flights with stopovers and then had it destroyed by baggage handling on an hour long domestic flight.

make a friend who plays jazz and let him choose a chord progression at your next jam

trust me he will pick almost all 7th chords

>t. guy who knows a guy who plays jazz

mate..

youtube.com/watch?v=Ttn7D-WB9R0

A few guys use compressors

pelican case, heavy duty padlocks. open it for them when you check the baggage, then lock it. they'll have to cut the locks to get into it after that and then you can file for damages if they fuck with it at all.

the other option is to buy two seats and carry it on.

i'm not really into jazz, was more talking about just normal songs like
youtube.com/watch?v=pcawnRIyeok
this one i find to be good for playing 7ths with because it's kind of slow

wut...

Half a Person

best way to git gud is to practice, jazz is almost all 7th chords so ull git gud faster

just because i didn't erase out the double long for the nut on the pictures doesn't mean you have to play it like it's tab, it's just showing the intervals
didn't want to say it but i think jazz is gay. i just don't enjoy playing it at all

So I've posted this a few times while I was building it but here's the final product. Designed and built by me. my first guitar. Since someone's gonna ask, it's about dreadnought thickness so it's loud. I'll put a few more up as well.

that's fucking YUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE

should be 12 strings
upload a clyp please

>tfw buying a gretsch when my income tax money comes in

i don't want to be a meme. i want to be unique

I'm thinking about getting that meme harley benton bass. The 7 string, just for the memes. Am I retarded?

yeah let me see what I can do.... just keep in mind I don't particularly play. But I can probably make a short clip of how it sounds. It's only been strung up 5 days now though.

its practice nigger, you dont have to love it. i dont play it either but its still a good exercise

you don't play but you made that? for what purpose

thats one T H I C C guitar

Are you sure it's dreadnought thickness? Dreadnoughts have a taper so they seem slimmer, but I don't think even the lower part is that thick. Looks huge, but cool because it's different.

>CITES UPDATE: After attending several CITES meetings it is our opinion that lower priced instruments (below $300) made with rosewood will no longer be available once current rosewood inventories run out (this is for all vendors, Fender, Epiphone, SX etc). Models instead will likely be made with "engineered rosewood' which is sort of like plywood, and be constructed from pine and other non-rosewood materials. Of course Maple and Ebony will remain available (for now). However, after that, supplies from all vendors will start to become extremely scare. Higher priced models (Gibson etc.) will likely still have rosewood available in limited supply for quite some time but ultimately we expect those supplies will run out as well.

Thanks Trump....

>tuning my guitar up after changing strings
>as soon as I get the last string to pitch all the other ones before it are way out again
>repeat from the beginning
>SAME FUCKING THING HAPPENS 12 TIMES IN A ROW UNTIL THEY FINALLY ALL STAY IN TUNE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

accommodate for this you nigger

or at least go get your guitar professionally strung once

Stretch your strings before tuning, that's just a part of new strings though. Always have to tune a bunch of times.

rosewood is shit anyway

stretch them out. go up and down the length and tug them lightly vertically and horizontally on each fret for each string is what i do

>professionally strung

guess i better get to buying a few rosewood geets before they run out

>tfw can't order a guitar from a Luthier from China because I don't know if Trump is going to start a trade war with China

I guess this is what living in a dictatorship is going to be like.

>Not gradually bending the strings as you put them on the guitar so that they properly and more-easily come into tune

>Most likely tightens the strings in order instead of a cross-pattern

Fucking hell that gif put my sides in stitches