Ahead of its time

Ahead of its time

so true great album

it's a good album but i don't see how it is ahead of its time in any way whatsoever

It has a picture of a head on its cover. OP was making a pun.

imagine the indie rock version of frank ocean's blond

The National is just awful.

It was without a doubt the most boring indie rock album of this year. Honest to god I fell asleep at some point while listening to it (except for Sea of Love which was surprisingly a great, energetic song).

*of the decade

god I'm retarded

>no

The National is pretty good if you're that guy who wears suits every day without a real reason

>he doesn't want to look his best everyday

pathetic

yeah if it was released in the 1800s you fucking faggot

"I need my girl" is one of my fav songs.

Humiliation is criminally underrated. as good or better than any lyrical piece posted on the board at this very moment

the most beautiful album in the last five years

i like this person

neither this nor blond are ahead of their time

prove otherwise user

blond is actually way ahead of its time. given the trends in r&b, pop and even hip-hop, frank's vocal delivery and songwriting are something very much ahead of the current things we see in his respective genres. bon iver as well while we're at it. i'd wager we'll see their style of music in a few years or even a fucking decade.

This and Blond are only good if you were born after '95.

All music is the same.

Except those albums are full of trends that started bubbling under years ago from other less known artists.

Fav album of 2013 behind Sunbather, one of the best of the decade

I actually agree

This.

Perfect "hungover the morning after" music. In fact, I was looking for a good sad album to listen to, thanks for reminding me.

Blond is bad and you should feel bad. I would've taken you seriously if you said Endless, but.

Endless was my fav album from last year actually but I still like Blonde and TWFM a ton

Anyone else see The National's last two albums as kind of a good version of Coldplay? They share this atmospheric fuzzy U2 influenced feel, but The National do it much better.

What's the best National album, Sup Forums?

I agree, except for Viva la Vida and Mylo Xyloto

Either Alligator or Boxer

>indie rock version of ocean's blond

I fixed the tracklisting guys

I could never get into The National. They seem like such a 30-something type of band.

I was a college freshman when Alligator came out. This band has been the soundtrack of my 20's, and now 30's.

30-something here. I really like them.

This album is:
Formulaic garbage.
Uninspired drivel.
Full of filler songs like "Slipped" or "I Should Live in Salt".
By far the worst National album.
An album that thrives on whiny, narcisstic entitled losers who believe depression is fawing about a girl that ignores your existence.
Probably the worst acclaimed Indie record along with DIIV's Oshiin.

It isn't:
Ahead of its time.
Comparable to Frank Ocean's Blonde.
Good.

I see that opinion a lot. Personally I'm a fan of the first album, although Boxer's growing me a lot.

Also High Violet is pretty great.

23 year old. I'll probably come around on them in 7 years.