Is the rest of the world even trying?

Athletics at the 2016 Summer Olympics

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rsUW0iV12js
medalspercapita.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mfw china is the only nonblacked country

>Foreigners actually thought the gold rush was over when swimming ended.

70% of US track golds are from female events which are borderline irrelevant

Only legit gold they won was the 4x400m and maybe long jump

Also the only reason they won so many of those medals is because russian women were banned.

The sport of true KINGZ.

American thread?

looks like they're gonna call us ameriruns now

Only American women can run apparently

lol moron, the breakdown is:

15 - men (7 gold)
16 - women (6 gold)

You've got rid of your primary rival, there were nobody to try

Cold War
Space Race
Olympics

We always win against ruskies comrade. Always.

List the "events" the men won and realize how pathetic and irrelevant those golds are.

100m

200m

400m

4x100m

All BTFO by bunch of 3rd world countries.

Its sad and pathetic that you cling to stupid shit like hammer throw like it makes up for it.

kek, the men won gold in sprinting, distance, jumping, throwing and fucking decathlon
They fucking killed it

men also won half of our swimming golds

they shit the bed everywhere else, but they dominated the only two sports that really matter for men, and hopefully basketball as well. Doesn't really matter that they did crap at meme sports, just leave those for britain, china and russia to fight for first losers

Don't buy this. In London, there was only one event the Russians won that we won this year. 400m Women's hurdles.

We don't really overlap with the Ruskies like we once did. They dominant in events we're shit at, like Greco-Roman, Synchronized Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Judo.

Name a sprinting gold the US men won that wasnt a relay. They didnt win a single individual sprint event which is basically what track is.

Decathlon is meme tier and garbage.

Also swimming is so irrelevant only america and australia give a shit about. Its the worst and most bloated event in the olympics.

take off your proxy man

lol moron, the US men medaled in...

MEN
Decathlon - Gold
100 m - Silver
400 m - Bronze
800 m - Bronze
1500 m - Gold
3000 m steeplechase - Silver
5000 m - Silver
400 m hurdles - Gold
4 × 400 m relay - Gold
Long jump - Gold
Triple jump - Gold
Triple jump - Silver
Pole vault - Bronze
Shot put - Gold
Shot put - Silver

The shot put is a marquee throwing medal.

The 1500 is the marquee middle distance medal.

The Long Jump is the marquee jumping medal.

The Decathlon is THE athletics medal, always has been, despite the glamour of the 100m that plebs love.

Follow track and field more. There's more to it than meme short track sprint events.

>Decathlon is meme tier and garbage.

Steady on now.

>muh first and second loser participation trophies

You moron, i said won, as in gold and the answer to my question is zero sprint golds. Fucking ZERO.

The fact that you excuse this shit is pathetic.

Stay mad retard :) How did your country do?

Im american you retard. I just dont like mediocrity and pretending shit tier womens golds and silly throw medals as meaning anything.

You can't "dominate" track and lose all the sprint events. That's what 90% of what people think of when you bring up what track and field is.

nice american proxy achmed

What did the Chinese roid monkeys get their golds in?

>Decathlon is meme tier and garbage.
delet this

>lose every sprint event
>point out that this is pathetic
>accused of being un-American
Since when is not accepting medicority un-american?

>That's what 90% of what people think of when you bring up what track and field is.

And appealing to popularity proves what?

90% of people also think of Kenny G when you bring up Jazz.

American men lost all distance events too.

The only running event they won was the 1500m. That's like saying china is a swiming powerhouse because they won the 200m free, which honestly is probably a sexier event than the 1500m.

Sure, Mexican. How did Mexico do?

What sprint event didn't the USA medal in?

>American men lost all distance events too.

No one can beat the Kenyans, Somalis, and East African descended runners like Farah.

The fact we medaled in both steeplechases was amazing.

are you forgetting usain bolt on purpose
we still got plenty of track golds and medaled in almost every event which is what matters. lrn2olympics achmed

Medals other than gold are failures. I hate nbc and all the networks who give disproportionate value to first and second loser.

And no country got more Gold than the US, you retard. The men alone got Golds in:

Decathlon - Gold
1500 m - Gold
400 m hurdles - Gold
4 × 400 m relay - Gold
Long jump - Gold
Triple jump - Gold
Shot put - Gold

Matthew Centrowitz was the first U.S. runner to win the 1500n in 108 years!

He grew up in Maryland and went to the Univ of Oregon

>Maryland again

JESUS FUCK

USATF @usatf
5h
ARE YOU KIDDING, MATT CENTROWITZ ?!?!?!?! Matt Centrowitz WINS GOLD in 3:50.00!!!!

TrackTown USA @ GoTrackTownUSA
5h
MATTHEW FREAKING CENTROWITZ !!!

1500 meters = 0.932 mile and he did it in 3:50.00 (3 minutes and 50 seconds flat)

BBC Sport @ BBCSport
5h
What a performance from Matthew Centrowitz Jr!

cambot @camsorter
Jul 22
@MattCentrowitz if you medal in rio I'll get a tattoo of your face

The US is also the only country in the world where your options for getting an education are decades of debt or doing track and field.

the US is also the only country in the world without whom the world's economy would collapse

I don't get how dumb non-Americans keep spreading this meme. D1 schools are only allowed to give 12.6 track and field scholarships for men, 18 for women. They are almost impossible to get.

In my state, all you need is a 2.5 GPA (be an average student) and you get a full academic scholarship to any of our state universities

I grew up before we had that and i got full academic scholarships to 16 of the 18 schools i applied to. It's not hard to get a full scholarship here if you are a good student. MUCH easier to get a full academic scholarship here than it is to get a scholarship in sports (trust me, i played sports at the highest level 8 months of the year every year in high school for 2 hours a day)

Like that in most states, at least in Florida and Georgia get over a 3.0 and you're set tuition wise

Oh and to add, my sports background had nothing to do with me getting those academic scholarships, they didn't even know i played sports. Had i wanted to pursue sports in college i would have applied to a tier-4 school like my brother who did play sports in college did. I only applied to D1 schools

I have a 4.0 GPA and only get 25% of my college paid for with a 30 on the ACT. So no its not that easy.

>US has no good men short distance runners
Shocking!! Who would have thunk.

You could get a full scholarship pretty much anywhere with that. Did you only apply to one school or are you a felon or sonething?
What state are you from and how cheap is your in-state schools for in-state tuition? Probably dirt cheap like in my state

People forget most of our best track athletes in high school are also on their high school football team and obviously chose to pursue football over track in college as football is where all the money is

What could possibly explain our lack of good sprinters?

But you had a full scholarship at 95% of state schools. You're the one that chose a private school or one of those 5% of state schools so prestigious that they are Ive League caliber (Berkeley, etc)

Maybe we just don't train properly.

Our sprinters seem to be pretty short, certainly in comparison to Usian. Maybe we need to feed our kids more milk.

>Celebrating Africanetics

Well done US you truly are the best African nation

I said sprints you fucking imbecile. I swear you're a walking sterotype of the moronic american who can't handle criticism at all.

Regardless all of those events are garbage and irrelevant.

Ask 10 people on the street in america what the decathlon is and 9 of them would have no idea. You probably cant even name all the events without googlng it. Fuck off with this shitty meme that anyone cares about 1500m or fucking stone ball throwing.

>Best at Swimming
Uh...s-swimmin dun kount mayte
>Best at track/field
U-uh runnin dun kount neetha
>Some irrelevant bong sport no one's ever heard of
Oi mayte, we tha best ye

Shotput is fucking meme tier and laughable as fuck. The projectile is completely arbitrary and only relevant due to muh sports history. It's literally strongman tier where people left logs and other random shit that has little to do with functional strength.

in the men's 4x400m it's 4 guys running 1600m ( 0.994 mile)

The USA has now won it in 17 out of 24 Olympics with our Gold in Rio

the only countries to win Olympics gold in it are:
17 - USA
1 - Bahamas (2012)
1 - Nigeria (2000)
1 - USSR (1980 - when USA boycotted)
1 - Kenya (1972)
1 - Jamaica (1952)
2 - Britain (1920, 1936)

USA holds both the world record (set 1993) and the olympic record (set 2008)

This Olympics, we won Gold with Arman Hall, Tony McQuay, Gil Roberts, and LaShawn Merritt

Jamaica won silver.

America isnt good at running you idiot. Read the thread, americans only won retarded events no one cares about like 400m hurdles and 1500m

They got BTFO in sprints, long distance, and everything in between.

But i suppose you can tip your hat on throwing a metal ball.

this british proxyfag actual talkin bout irrelevant garbage events?

Negros

You got BTFOed in making any fucking sense.

>I only count the medals I wanna count!

Sniveling child. You know why they call it track and field right? Because the field part is just as important as the track part.

>muh relays
That's not even the most important relay either.

The US lost to fucking japan in the 4x100 and have been DQ'd the past 3 olympics for doping or fucking up exchanges.

US track is built on a castle of sand (i.e. women and events no one cares about).

>events no one cares about
that's basically all of GB's and China's medals too though

No one fucking cares about shotput or 1500m. this isnt selective cherry picking that's a fucking fact. In truth, bringing up these shit events to try to salvage an otherwise dismal US performance is you cherry picking.

No, clearly the only two events that they should even bother holding are the individual 100m and 200m. Every other event is pointless and a meme, because I say so.

Horse cycling or whatever the fuck mo runs is more impressive than shotput. That garbage shouldnt even be in the olympics. Im embrassed that some americans are pround of winning such a garbage event.

>My totally subjective opinion is fact!

You're literally retarded aren't you?

The US only won two individual running events. Both of which are largely irrelevant. That's a fact.

Does that look like "dominating" anything?

he's fucking persistent though, i'll give him that.

>Both of which are largely irrelevant
TO WHOM?

>implying that 1500m and shotput being irrelevant is only my "subjective opinion"

No one fucking cares about these events. You claim to care so much about it but i garuntee that you dont even know the last 3 winners of these events without googling them.

This is literally what retarded brits due to justify their stupid meme medals in horse dancing.

To basically everyone.

Persistence does tend to be a trait of morons. Persisting in stupidity is something he can't seem to help. He went full retard on us.

>muh track dominace
>lose 100
>lose 200
>lose 400
>lose all distances possible except 1500
>lose relay AGAIN due to DQ and get BTFO by fucking asians even when cheating
There is nothing to be proud of as an american.

OK, I'm sorry the US didn't win enough gold medals in the events you consider important. But the golds they won in the events you don't care about still count.

>lose argument
>start throwing around personal insults
Typical

Prove it.

There's no argument. only you claiming that the only important athletic events are sprinting, because you say so.

age 22 Arman Hall is from Florida and joined the Univ of Florida track team in 2012

Tony McQuay is also from Florida and also went to the Univ of Florida where he was 3-time National Champion in the 400m

The Univ of Florida Gators men track team were National Champs in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016

No, explain to people how a country can be proud of a performance where it lost all individual distance runs that didnt have meme crap like hurdles or steeples except one race (1500m).

The US literally only won a single pure running event the entire olympics.

Claiming something is true because you say so isn't an argument. If you weren't a moron you'd know that.

The US lost every pure running event except one. How can you claim to be good at track was when your country sucks at fucking running and pads medals in crap that no one cares about like shotput?

again. athletics (the basis of this thread) is comprised of myriad events.
saying you don't like them does not make them less important. in fact, i'd argue that simply running is the easiest and less athletically taxing of all the events.

I agree, it's disappointing that the US didn't win as many gold medals as they could have. I'm still proud of the US athletes that won golds in other events, such as relays or field events, even if you don't think they're as important or have "meme crap" in them.

The only morons in this thread are the people sucking US track off for winning one pure running event the entire olympics.

Fucking one race. That's it. US track literally lost every male race that didnt have hurdles except for one.

Go Gators!
youtu.be/rsUW0iV12js

He's gone from ignoring the field half of track and field to trying to define his way out of a bunch of running events as well. Typical tactics of someone with nothing to back up their point.

You can have 400m hurdles then. So you won two races of any kind these entire olympics. It's still medicority.

>claim your opinion is a fact

>confusing people defending USA's overall medal winnings with them being impressed by one "pure running" event

>arbitrarily ditch any event that doesn't fit your notion of what real track actually is

>arbitrarily ignore all of the field part of track and field, just cause

Yeah, everyone else is dumb. They just can't see the brilliance of your articulate and totally justified criticism.

Gil Roberts is from Oklahoma City and went to college at Texas Tech

>arbitrarily

You keep throwing this word around like it applies when you know it doesn't.

People not giving a shit about shotput or the 1500m is not "arbitrary" it's a simple statment of fact.

So relays aren't races of any kind then? Fucking lol. You do know that words mean things, right?

Again, prove it.

literally Croatia, a country with 4 million citizens is competitive with the USA, Americans are you even trying?

You won (one) relay and got embrassed and lost even while cheating in another. You shouldnt be bringing up relays desu and i was sparing you the embrassment

medalspercapita.com/
Is USA even trying?

Apprently not. The US is now terrible at running events and now has to rely on meme events like shotput to give a false sense of accomplishment.

question:

why does tori bowie sound like she's form da hood when she's from a small rural area of mississippi?