The bruce springsteen of our generation

The bruce springsteen of our generation

That would be Kurt Vile.

Springsteen's songs aren't nearly as on-the-nose as this fucking guy.

FJM's new shit sounds like it was written by a freshman philosophy major. I was embarrassed for him when I listened to Pure Comedy. Such a step back from Honeybear that it's unbelievable.

industry plant

Pure comedy will be his Nebraska before he sells out and does his born in the usa.

soon

I can tell what quality of a poster you are by that incredible image you posted there, so I'm not even going to bother to tell you how fucking retarded what you just said was.

This guy is a bloviating bore, he's more like an andy warhol

rude

this

Anyone that poses for a professional photograph with a cigarette after the 90s needs to reevaluate their life. No one during the entire day of shooting thought he looked like a jackass?

Oh and fucking this

I sense some jealousy in this thread.

Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right

>born in the USA
>sellout
pls don't b8 so hard, you'll go blind

>Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right
I can actually almost hear him saying this now

>Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right

i like him but i want to not like him. honeybear was my 2015 aoty, after that he seemed to let his ego get the better of him.

bruce went from making a lo fi album about working class woes in nebraska to pure stadium heartland rock.
I mean sell out as in he made a more mainstream album after nebraska

I could like him if he was more sincere. I'm fine with him being an asshole and a pseud if he didn't hide behind the veil of being half ironic whenever he gets called out or says something stupid

Except Born in the USA is all about working class woes. Also stylistically it was more like Born to Run- Nebraska was the odd one out, not BitUSA

I don't give two shits about his pretentious attitude if he writes good songs, like he did on Honeybear.

Sadly, his new stuff has been a massive disappointment. It reminds me of the stupid shit I used to hear people who think they're smarter than everyone else say in college, while everyone with sense gave derisive snorts at their fucking retardation.

It's just that his pretentious attitude bleeds into his music and it feels like he's mocking his audience. I know this is a b8 thread but FJM is actually the exact opposite of Springsteen.

No. Most Springsteen songs have infinite replay value while you literally don't get anything new from listening to a FJM song more than once.