Sup Forums

How do we save her boys?

Permaban Turny and Witchfinder.

Create a new board with stricter rules and better mods

Stop arguing about whos popular music is better

auto play

ban everyone with reddit cookies

She was never good to begin with.

Why not just update the sticky with new rules? Mods do their job here generally.

nsfw

Genuinely the best quality board I browse- Sup Forums somehow has less shitposting than most other boards. It doesn't need saving

People won't adapt to new rules on a board this old

We need more shitposting though. Sup Forums has no taste but their memes are arguably the best ever.

We delete it, once and for all. It's for the better good, user.

We actively discourage discussions involving hip hop, top 40 pop, and k pop.

We actively encourage understanding the music industry

We actively encourage understanding how music actually works

We actively discourage people from discussing vinyl

Just for starters. If you disagree with any of these you're part of the problem.

you cannot save that which is already dead

Why?

Been done, it's called Musikchan. It sucks.

>discussing whole genres
I don't listen to hip hop but that's rediculous. We need to encourage more in depth discussion rather than "I like it" with the inevitable response "Pleb"

We need to encourage MORE variety, not dismiss genres

The entire point of Sup Forums is to be patrician as fuck. Hip hop by definition is not patrician. It's objectively low quality music and the only thing we should be talking about on here involving hip hop is why it's utter garbage.

Nah I think you've had enough of those three

talking about music is dumb. there's nothing to say about anything. sharethreads, memes, and creative projects are the only good things. We could be making music and videos and tons of things everyday if we wanted to. there should be a folk music culture here vital enough to make us uninterested in any corporate music in the first place.

But there must be 'patrician' hip hop, I don't listen to any so I don't know but all genres have good artists with artistic merit

I don't care much for those 3, just want more variety

I think baneposting is hilarious like everyone else, but you can't fucking discuss anything on that board. No fucking discussion about anything, it's infuriating. I'd happily remove baneposting and sheev and whatever from the collective consciousness of the board if it meant you could talk about Silence without it instantly devolving into people calling each other weebs or talk about Moonlight without Sup Forums instantly taking over the discussion.
At least people here kind of care about music

less hip hop threads and less nu-male cuck boys sharing their gay boring music

>without Sup Forums instantly taking over the discussion.

That happens a lot here too

Automatic Sup Forums ban

Most hip-hop is shit, but some is worth discussing, we don't talk about any pop music here other than Grimes, and k pop is fine since they don't leave this board.

Agree

Agree

Why not? It's harmless fun to talk shit and compare collections

Nope. Hip hop is entirely too derivative and simplistic to be patrician. Most people would probably point to TPaB or some other modern Kendrick/Kanye records but it isn't patrician to make white guilt the cornerstone of your music while still shouting angry things about niggers and how you believe in god. Too fucking stupid.

>yeah okay fine you're right those suck and everyone talks about them a lot but I still think we need diversity

How about this rule - if you are so protective of an internet board that you don't want people from the other boards posting here, you're an asshat and can leave. If you're so sensitive that you can't stand someone coming in here and laying out how retarded you are for liking limpwristed pop music and hip hop, fuck you.

The modern liberal, everyone

Automatically 404 kpop/waifu crap, for a start.

Sup Forums is the saviour this board needs.

Find me some hip hop that doesn't contain the word "nigger" and that doesn't talk about identity politics and that doesn't talk about typical hip hop tropes.

And because vinyl is an obsolete format. If you don't understand that and appreciate why it makes you look stupid for liking them, you don't belong on a board about patrician music tastes.

It does, but Sup Forums has actually weathered present day Sup Forums quite well. Sup Forums can't have a discussion about anything at all without the majority finding something 'degenerate' about it, even if they're only trying piss people off. Here, while most hip-hop related threads will have a couple writing it off as gollywog music, they can be ignored easily enough and you can still talk about it

>If you can't stand your threads being derailed by an off-topic edgy teen whose vocabulary consists entirely of synonyms for cuckold, fuck you

OP here. I start these threads every few weeks. Not because I care about the board, just because people actually think they can change anything about it.

Have fun arguing, i'm going to smoke some weed, listen to johnny cash and fuck a bitch

Wow you guys actually think Sup Forums is a bad thing. You're actually the problem here.

Nah more like if you're so up your own ass that you don't see how modern trends in popular music and entertainment actually are degenerate, you deserve to have someone derail your stupid thread about your favorite Kanye tracks or the new T Swift single.

DUDE WEED AND CASH AND BITCHES LMAO.

Current Sup Forums

Ban whiny faggots that don't know how to use filters and make and post in these types of threads

The use of the word 'nigger' is perfectly fine, stop being a baby. Just because you're a le white male doesn't mean that identity politics are a bad thing. Typical hip-hop tropes are a cancer that mostly killed the genre for me, yes.

Why why do I like stupid for liking buying records? Explain, please

Save Sup Forums or else (dont have pic)

there's nothing to save

kill it with fire and magnets, then make a board solely for sharethreads

>everyone that isn't edgy like me listens to kanye and taylor swift
>Thinking things are 'degenerate' and actually giving a shit
This isn't music discussion. Politics on pol and music on mu. Is that too difficult for you too understand?

Sup Forums doesn't let you fucking talk about anything. They can only be a bad thing for whatever board they choose to take hold in.
Of course you actually browse that shithole so I shouldn't be wasting my time arguing with you.

No, it's not. It's an unnecessary vulgarity that's usually just placed at the ends of lines as a cheap rhyme. It's also entirely fucking stupid that we somehow live in a world where black people can constantly refer to each other as niggers but white people are literally put in jail for it. Identity politics is an easy thing to pander to and market to. While all you lefty fucks think you're opening your minds and diversifying the world, the record labels are just licking their fingers.

Nah fuck you. You asshats make music political on here all the time. Go find a Kendrick thread.

Let's delete Sup Forums, only retards in here anyway.

This, Sup Forums needs to stick to it's containment.

So, are you guys sad your candidate lost the election?

>I don't make political threads
>I don't even listen to hip hop
Go back to your containment shithole and stop baiting me the rest of this gullible board

Not American, so no.
It's not even the politics of it in particular, it's that Sup Forums use it to derail and ruin every thread they go in. This is music board, I want to talk about music

More Gorillaz and Mouth Sounds

despite their best efforts i occasionally good music from people here

just gotta weed out the shit

Fuck man Sup Forums really is full of cuck boy faggots. I used to browse Sup Forums on the reg 5 years ago and now I come back and this board is fucking shit.

Just the same bullshit gay ass pop/nigger music gets sucked off on this dead board.

I bet most of you faggots look like this.

It's called r/indieheads. Organized internet discussion is awful, user.

LE META THREAD XD

Bring back aaron

>The entire point of Sup Forums is to be patrician as fuck.
you're part of the problem

This

more katie threads

The problem is just the userbase, no one here wants to discuss, they just want to post album covers.

This so much

Ban generals

DELETE THIS GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT OF A BOARD.

There's your solution.

>sonemic

will NEVER lunch

kt a qt

Start by being sexier. Make erotic posts.

Either stop taking ourselves so seriously or actually try to be the superior board for music discussion that we think we are instead of 'le post red album covers' and stupid shit like that

I'm down with this.

Every post must have a sexy pic with it.

>tfw you will never browse a Sup Forums generals board, where actual discussion will take place leaving all the plebeians on Sup Forums to shitpost and talk about politics

why wont they make it /mug/ would be amazing

>complains
>posts frog
Kys

Unironically this just fucking do it already.

>generals
>not being offtopic and shitposting 90% of the time
Ironically I want the same thing as you so you fags can all fuck off and Sup Forums will have varied and interesting threads again

>PLEASE O GREAT MODS BAN THE ONES THAT HURT MY FEELINGS

Start mass reporting Sup Forums meme template threads and reporting and telling underaged ironic shitposters to fuck off instead of acting like them

Sup Forums would have to be filled with people who give a shit about music. Half the board is more interested in treating it like a social network.

Filters only go so far

Generals are cancer and you are cancer if you want another fucking pointless board dedicated to them.

Precisely because Death Grips and Vaporwave memery brought the underaged here. See . It takes a community wide effort of recognizing garbage.

this

>Politics circlejerking once again creeps its way into every fucking discussion on this site

This is part of the fucking problem. Both sides. Fuck off.

When the LE IRONIK MEMEPOSTIN is going to die? That is the cancer that ruined everything, everyone wants to be the "best troll" and all that shit

Edan - Beauty & the Beat
A Tribe Called Quest
Death Grips

you racist biggot

Telling garbage posters to fuck off doesn't work anymore and moderation doesn't bother with quality control.
The board is far too fast and large for there to be any community that exercises any form of self-restraint or self-moderation.

Because only one or two people ever actually try. If everyone who were frustrated with this shit actually did something an impact would be at least possible. We didn't do it in the beginning and that's why its this bad. If enough people reported, I have a hard time believing the moderation would ignore it as much as they do now.

Moderation is seriously understaffed and Sup Forums simply doesn't have a culture of reporting shitposting unless it becomes completely chronic. I doubt you'll ever see bulk reporting on Sup Forums the way you do on Sup Forums or /jp.

purge kpop that shit doesn't belong here

Mods(?) on this board clearly don't give a fuck about its current state.

Unless hiro's shaken things up, there are no board specific mods, only janitors. No moderator seems to have any specific interest in Sup Forums, so it mostly goes ignored.
Janitors are thin on the ground, and I imagine most only really respond to obvious shitposting or shit with a decent amount of reports.

Why don't we all report these threads and see what happens

remove kpop
remove waifu fags
remove political discussions that don't relate to music
remove betas, cucks, whiny faggots
remove nazis that hate rap for the soul reason of it being black music
remove 12 year olds that try to defend weezer and green day instead of encouraging themselves to listen to new music

>updated
remove vaporwave fags and mac demarco fans

Death Grips is total garbage. Quest is okay, still too generic most of the time. Edan is also okay but also pretty bland.

Either way, you lost when you didn't post Gravediggaz.

More Reznor posting. It's extremely comfy.