underrated coen

OF CONSTANT SORROOOOOOOOWW

WE THOUGHT
YOU WAS
A TOAD

The place where he was born and raised

HOT DAMN IT'S THE SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS

I'm with you fellas

THATS A MIGHTY FINE PICKIN AND A SINGIN!

Comfy-tier coens

>You will never record a smash folk hit while on the run with your chainmates and some black guy.

BUT YOU AIN'T BONAFIDE

>muh sejuhnated

We're in a tight spot.

I DONT WANT FOP GOD DAMNIT

IM A DAPPER DAN MAN

>>/cuck/

Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!

Easily the most quotable Coen movie.

DO NOT
SEEK
THE TRAYSURE

this faggot almost ruined the movie for me.

Such a shitty acting, so forced and fake.

What's his twitter? I'm going to remind him that he was shit and I didn't liked him in that movie.

IM A DAPPER DAN MAN DAMMIT

what? that poster wasn't even being racist you easily triggered safe-space faggot.

>Oh you can have the whole thing. Me and Pete ... we ran across a whole... gopher.... village.

He called him "some black guy." As far as Sup Forums vernacular goes, that's pretty non-offensive. Cool your jets, hothead.

Oh George, not the livestock

It wasn't as forced as you think. I used to know an old dude in Alabama that sounded exactly like this sumbitch.

GO TO SLEEP LITTLE BAAAAABY

Watch the language, young fella. 'fyew want Dapper Dan, Ah'll orduh it for yuh. Be here in bout two weeks.

Friends a yours, Pete?

>yfw Dapper Dan is a real pomade

>it was one big product placement

>butthurt fop faggot detected

the company doesn't exist any more

what an overreaction

sdfsdf

Jesus, I just saw this movie 4 hours ago

Watch your language son. This is a public market.

>I'm from the South and this is literally the most favorably the South has been portrayed in the media in the past 20 years

That really was some comfy cinematography and music.

>Be here in bout two weeks.
Ain't this place just a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!

I HAD A FRIEND NAMED RAMBLING BOB
HE USED TO STEAL GAMBLE AND ROB

>ywn get seduced and turned in for your bounty by the Dixie Chicks

"Daddy says I'm 'sposed to shoot anyone's servin papers. I nicked the census man last week."
"Now there's a good boy."

checked

I love this setting, the lightly mythical heightened reality version of the American South that saw the adventures of Tom Sawyer. I'd love to see more stories set in this landscape.

The feel of an American Odyssey was comfy as fuck

> tfw when you are missing half the experience because you never read the odyssey

Thank God your mammy died givin' birth. If she'd have seen you, she'd have died o' shame.

But da ebil white man wuz doin his slavery and white ppl all round need to be reminded of dat

The law?

The law is a human institution.

AS I WENT DOWN TO THE RIVER TO PRAY
STUDYING ABOUT THAT GOOD OL WAY

> trip twos
> trip three
I HAVE IT ON HIGH AUTHORITY THAT THIS THREAD SOLD ITS SOUL TO THE DEBBIL

Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

If you don't still listen to the soundtrack 16 years later then you're a plebby faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=IGMXoWe2ztE

youtube.com/watch?v=IQeH7E69Oxo

I never gesticulate during a meal, I find it course and vulgah

>Tom Sawyer late 19th century American south was the same as 1920s/30s American south

Come on man.

The Coen Brothers themselves said they never read the Odyssey, and it shows because they really are nothing alike besides cursory similarities. This isn't really a bad thing though necessarily, as the Odyssey is a book that you need to study in depth in order to understand, and the movie stands on it's own as a story.

>Robert Johnson
>some black guy

this was a really good movie

Greek myths are understood to be within in the same landscape, set vast spans of time from one another. The American South as a mythical landscape would naturally have the same rules

That's why there was no based Telemachus

Sounds like it's more of a classic/epic styled story than only being based off the odyssey.

I SEEN EM FIRST!

Damn! We're in a tight spot!

Yeah, Oh Brother Where Art Thou just uses similar mythical archetypes as the Odyssey, like the Cyclops and the Sirens.

Not necessarily, there are connections such as the suitors, visiting the land of the dead, the sirens, and the cyclops, but the movie isn't related to the Odyssey on a deeper level than that. It's an original story otherwise

>tfw no film version of the song

> Sorry, Pete, I know we're kin, but they got this depression on. I got to do for me and mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGTOXtJt_2E

Here you are user

>tfw when the hack/criminal known as Richard Driscoll aka Steven Craine aka Craine Stevens ruined this film forever for you

They say that he was jailed for fraud but if you ask me it was for general crimes against film.

youtube.com/watch?v=v95ZKCstUpw

At one point the "jews brothers" put on fake beards and sing A Man of Constant Sorrow.
I haven't been able to revisit O Brother Where Are Thou since. Its just too painful.

Alison Krauss is an angel

I love this movie just so much. Infinitely quotable.

You been usin mah hair treatment?

"In the Jailhouse Now," fellas, neighborhood of B.

IS YOU IS OR IS YOU AIN'T MY CONSTITUENCY??

Mister? I don't wanna be tellin tales outta school, but there's a feller in there'll pay ya ten dollars to sing into his can.

When the harmony kicks in on that song, it always gives me chills.

Probly lookin for answers.

IIIIIIIIIIIII AM A MAAA-HAN OF CONSTANT SORROW

what are you talking about, i thought all of the soggy bottom boys were colored folks

My favorite borrowed bit is Pete's "ghost" speaking to them in the movie house.

but mr clooney we don't need your song, we need wisdom and guidance concerning our day to day lives from out of touch with reality hollywood stars!

please help us lowly commoners

I'LL KILL YOU, YOU MISERABLE, HOSS-EATIN SON OF A BITCH!

PAW ALWAYS SAID NEVER TRUST A HOGWALLOP.

When I was about 10 my mom would play this soundtrack as she forced me and my siblings to clean this house.

So here we are a bunch of white slave children singing chain gang songs as we wiped the floors.

Didn't know my mom was that based, really.

>babbyface randomly shoots cows and then one gets hit by a car while being chased by the cops

>frog is smashed and thrown against a tree

>at the end the only living thing underwater is a dog

did someone who was involved in the making of this movie hate animals? good movie still, but those three things just seemed pretty unnecessary especially the cow part.

This is when I found out what it means to "run someone out of town on a rail."

I AIN'T HEAH TA MAKE A REKKID, YA DUMB CRACKAH!

Well, sir, we are negroes, all except our accompinuh, akkikcumpan- the fella that plays the geetar.

That's fucking great.

"Of course it's Pete, look at him!"

. . . I'm still not sure that's Pete.

I want this on my wall

the brand does though

its also european, guess thats why its 2 weeks.

DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE

You and me and the devil makes three, don't need no other lovin baaaaaaaby

But Murt and Aloysius will have to sign Xes as only four of us can write.

For all the baby-faces, R-U-N-N-O-F-Ts and all its shits and giggles, this is the one scene I love best.
youtube.com/watch?v=SyqxV7jc7O0
Right in the fucking feels.

>mfw no qt bluegrass gf

Playing the dobro alone makes me understand why those black folks down in Louisiana had the blues