it was really good

P U B I S
U
B
I
S

What do you want me to say?

>while I went through the pockets of her jon

Best episode by far--better than suitcase.

He was just getting warmed up

I know the cinematography is a bit stolen, but it was used gloriously.

THE KING ORDERED IT

user, is there really a connection here? I mean, it's not really a motif, it's just a man turning and nodding acknowledgingly.

>its a roger has chemistry with literally everyone episode

This is my favorite line of the whole show. I was dying.

Spoken just like a Campbell

>it's a comfy Mad Men episode that you will never see for the first time again

Meltdown Don is worst Don

Rock bottom for ole Dick

Man, that scene... so comfy it hurts

i felt a feeling that i did not feel for a very long time

Why was Silvia the worst gf, Sup Forums?

>not bobby

Because it was desperate and mean. Don cucked his one friend and projected yet another escape onto her when he/we didnt even know her. She was just some dumb frustrated housewife.

Bobby was savvy and sexy

Bobbi confirmed bitch. Bobby 5, confirmed based.

nope. she was easily the worst.

teacher > jewess > silvio > other whores > bobby

>Forgetting waitress whore

What if I told you I had a fridge full of beer?!?!

Roger passed her the torch. That scene to me was her finale. Not the Stan stuff which could be inconsequential, they can date for a year or so, whatever. But the important angle was her making the best of it at McCann imbued w Don and Roger's training. Not shirking out obviously as pressure would dictate or taking Joan's offer.

>It's been over a year since the end of Mad Men
>No TV will ever fill its void

It's excruciating

For sure, the Stan stuff was just kind of fanservicey and cute

Not that I minded

Okay, something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a long time. Peggy is shit. She never has an epiphany pitch. She has no charisma. She has no empathetic traits. She gets fucked by Pete, and Pete gives 0 fucks about it. Her entire character is defined by constantly begging Don for money until he gets tired of it and gives her the raise she doesn't deserve. Peggy is a shit, through and through.

inb4 mah womens rights

>tfw the real DD looks like he doesn't dress himself

>based Connie tho

you just have shit taste user

Sterling
>War vet
>Trust fund baby
>Constant philanderer
>Perpetually well-dressed
>Marries a babe 30 years younger
>Trips acid
>Drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney

GOAT

At least when I rewatch Mad Men it gives me this feeling that I don't really get when rewatching most shows. Something like nostalgia but not quite. I just love the characters and seeing how they've grown makes where they were more interesting. Like I love seeing pure scumbag Pete Campbell and knowing that one day he grows into someone better.

>tfw Punished Ken ended up being better than Punished Snake

>muh moon

It's a knowing smile and a twinkle in your eye that this person will grow. You're happy because you know that one day, he will be too.

kek^10

Its funny cuz it's true. But it was also better that way, leaving it all a mystery, and showed how much sway Weiner had at AMC

Punished Draper ... a man with no identitty brought back to seek vengeance on those who hav ronged him.

There are at least three times where Peggy UNDESERVEDLY asks for a raise. Like Don says, every time he turns around, her hand is in his pocket

>b-but my Clio idea!

It was a KERNEL. Peggy does nothing the ENTIRE SERIES that is instrumental to a pitch. She's there to symbolize women's rights, and she does so well because she contributes nothing of value.

She does Burger Chef well because Don fucking allows her.

who the fuck cares

the only actually competent person at their job is Don, and Peggy is okay-ish

it's not about the actual work they do

I feel like Peggy grew quite a bit throughout the course of the show. She may have not gotten to Don's Savant level of selling shit, but by the end of the show she's a competent peer in her field, arguably far superior than most.

She is emotionally stunted, but that's critical to her character. It's also why she was able to succeed at SCDP, just like everyone else there. She also existed as an individual not defined by her sex, a huge accomplishment considering the context of the show. This contrasts to Joan, who built her identity around being a women, albeit a women with agency over her life.

Peggy's a great character, and the character itself I'd say is a decent, but flawed person, just like everyone else in the show

except for Ken, that guy had his shit together

>you will never look like Don and have 10/10 sluts wanting to fuck you the moment they look at you

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Yeah I dunno man, I disagree wholly. She worked for me just about completely. Her and Don's relationship was one of tv's best. She was brilliant in her own right, representative of trailblazing women who weren't sexy secretarys, a normal if not frumpy woman who had to rely on her intellect. She also did well to represent a younger generation w different insight than Don. She often came through at pitches. Wonderfully acted.

>that episode when Ken basically tells Pete and Roger to go fuck themselves

Ken was based as fuck and probably the only one who had some sense of morals.

Ken
Pete
Stan
Ginsberg
Joan
Harry
Sal

Who all is competent again?

>I guess I was a mad man all along

Fucking really Weiner?

AND DR. FUCKING FAYE

Ken was for the most part the only good person yeah, and even he was finally driven to madness. Could have left it all behind to write and be with his beautiful wife, enjoy their money, but kept going out of spite for Roger and Pete.

>that client dinner with the wine

kino

Sally was good as well and her ending was nihilistic as fuck when you think about it.

best scene in the show

Sally is confirmed the most tragic character of the series. She's broken through no fault of her own, then thrust into a role she's entirely premature for because of her mother's illness. The scene between Don and her at the train station made me weep.

I was actually thinking about that recently, you're right.

youtu.be/TFEAZ1ZzMSo

>You're a beautiful girl. It's up to you to be more than that.

this meme needs to die.

>its a don acts out of his cool relaxed manner episode

Some of the weirdest/best scenes is when he acts goofy

youtu.be/TFEAZ1ZzMSo

durr, meant to post this
youtu.be/-L1SblXMi08

I don't know why I like this...

>Don Draper
>Killer on the road

What's the best finale?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3yrjwaRLo

this and then season 5 (dat Bond song)

and that

Don't do this to me man

I cried so much right after the finale. So fucking much. Like an embarrassing amount.

pls guys. pls tell me another show as great as mad men is premiering soon. it feels like it's been so long since ive watched something as perfect. the closest was the knick and now that's on a long break

Nothing is quite like Mad Men.

Summer wise, UnReal just started it's 2nd season last week and Mr. Robot s2 starts in July

Man. You seriously need to see WAY more movies. And read up on cinematography while at it.

I keep forgetting how good this show is, so I guess I'm really fine.

because he fucked january jones with his huge cock in real life

That is classic framing used in hundreds of movies and tv shows you stupid cunt.

This fucking show.
I miss it so much.

>it's a "Don is seeing dead people again" episode

>it's a Pete wakes Don up on a Sunday to throw his failures in his face

>it's a "Don is on drugs" episode

Shit, I was just re-watching that episode not even an hour ago.

Is it worth getting this collector's edition? I've already seen the series twice and it's on Netflix, although no one knows for how long. I feel like I shouldn't get it, but I do love Mad Men.

You'd probably want to get a thing to hold the DVD's or blue rays because the holder they give you is nice, but fucking hangs on to the discs like there's no fucking tomorrow. The coasters are the shit though.

I got it recently and I'm a couple of episodes into season 2 with my rewatch. Special features are okay. For a lot of the commentaries they have people recorded separately which I don't care for. The ones where you do get people together are great though.

The glasses and coaters are really nice. The book they have the discs in fucking sucks. You have to touch both sides of the disc and you really have to pull to get them out. I keep the discs in a separate case.

>What is the Burger Chef pitch
made me cry 2bh

Currently on my 4th re watch. I swear it never gets old.

>"you are ok"
Roger and Don had the best relationship t b h

so they're proper coasters and not cardboard bullshit? might try and find em on ebay if so