a discord
discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
a website
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
and cunt has a general on /trash/

reminisce bygone times

Other urls found in this thread:

aww.moe/1q3xw9.zip
soundi.fi/jutut/perjantaibiisi-kairon-irse-sinister-waters-2-ennakkokuuntelussa-koko-uusi-ruination-albumi/
rateyourmusic.com/collection/Jangle_Bojangle/strm_a/boris/1
rateyourmusic.com/list/FollowingLeader/daily/
rateyourmusic.com/list/_natkingcole_/ranking-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the witch animu good? I remember when the short released and it was cute.

it's what you'd expect. i like it well enough

wash out lil bitch
U gettin maaaaaaad
I'm getting rich

Riccardo Sinigaglia - Riflessi (1985)
>Tribal Ambient, Electronic

Interesting elements and ideas but wholy lacking in musical qualities. A very boring active listen with no direction or flow in the pieces, especially the near 19-minute final track, which fades between parts with no continuity.
Has a certain underwater quality, similar to Can’s Future Days, but it’s not nearly as captivating in it’s atmosphere.
A jumbled mix of experimental ideas, such as reversed tape and polyrhythms, that are ultimately implemented poorly.

5.5 /10

John Abercrombie & Ralph Towner - Sargasso Sea
>ECM Jazz, New Age

This album is way too new-agey for me to enjoy. Seems so far up it’s own ass in style that it prevents it from being interesting, much the same as any generic rock or pop album is.
The musicianship is fine, but the end result is lulling background music that leaves you feeling unsatisfied.

6.0 /10

bump

Bump.

I'm finally calling this album I've been working on forever done. Just some last minute mixing tweaks and I'll have it out next week. More details later.

Bought this in FLAC b/c the only rip I could find was in 256 CBR so HERE YA GO.

aww.moe/1q3xw9.zip

Keywords for the archive: Nikos Veliotis Klaus Filip Slugabed FLAC 320 mega zippy

thanks klaus we appreciate it

;u!

hatred surge was great, but I fucked up because I picked a record before the insect warfare vocalist, rahi, was even in the band. but prior, hatred surge's vocals were done by a male/female duo, which is certainly atypical of grindcore. really quality, recommended.

oceans of slumber features beau beasley (insect warfare guitarist) on keyboards and dobber beverly (insect warfare drummer) on drums. but another unexpected surprise- it's a prog metal act, with a frontwoman vocalist. it's not at all bad, but not my style. easily one of the best things in the style i've heard though, with a few tiny reminders throughout how hardcore some of the personnel can get

haha :)

new kairon;IRSE today
can't listen yet tho bc I'm away from home

I thought it was coming out in early February?

>no re-listen on flood
wew lad

[shrug man]

someone in the last thread said I was mean to newbies, not true to clarify
slightly drunk AMA

watchu drinkan flyboy?

Pink and Feedbacker are better tho

have you seen jimmy jazz?

Hey DUMBASS.
How far are you in Gulag Archipelago? I'm too busy with school now so I'll probably put it on hold until spring break.

Cap'n Morgan and coke, a distinguished combination I'm told
nope
I have the abridged version (the one that has the Solzhenitzin stamp of approval, inb4 somebody calls pseud because I am not reading the full monty). I put it aside after reading the 3rd chapter because I got Slaughterhouse 5, The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius and The Broom of the System
finished Slaughterhouse 5 today, starting Broom of the system tomorrow
also lost my job Wednesday so I'll have slightly more reading time before I get a new one

>abridged version
Hah gay.
How was Slaughterhouse-Five?
And why'd you lose your job?

oof this opinion hurts me

took a week of internet off after some family issues, and i knocked out a few more discs of Improvised Music from Japan. Reviews soon.

Slaughterhouse was an entertaining read
I lost me job because the restaurant closed

soundi.fi/jutut/perjantaibiisi-kairon-irse-sinister-waters-2-ennakkokuuntelussa-koko-uusi-ruination-albumi/

One sentence reviews because I give up.

>Le Mystère des voix bulgares - Le mystère des voix bulgares : volume 1
Incredible. Despite only having three (according to the credits) or four (according to the cover) vocalists, every song sounds incredibly rich and original.

>Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
Love when they get sorta more out there on tracks like "7 O'Clock News", possibly their best.

>Player 1 & Bloody Bones - Crime Rate Sky-High
Not nearly as consistent as some of its contemporaries like Dreamworld or Three-Six, but I seriously could never hate this proto-trap horrorcore sound, shit's amazing.

>Arthur Doyle Plus 4 - Alabama Feeling
Common criticism I have for a lot of these "free" jazz albums is that they feel very composed given the genre name, but that' not necessarily bad. (Worst review on this list happens to be the free-jazz one. What a surprise.)

>Ketil Bjornstad & David Darling - The River
Possibly the most accessible "minimalism" I've ever heard, and given the descriptors I expected avant-ry.

>Sun Ra and His Myth Science Arkestra - Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy and Art Forms of Dimensions Tomorrow
A lot of unique timbres, not incredible enough to be interesting for an hour.

>Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day
Very cute Mitchell wannabe, first song was real nice, the rest were whatever.

>The Pogues - Rum Sodomy & the Lash
The upbeat novelty of Celtic Rock isn't really enough for a whole album imo, and only about half of these songs are any good at all.

>Skream - Skream!
Not terrible, but I've never been a fan of like any bong-genre.

>Philip Glass - Einstein on the Beach
1 2 3 4

BONUS:
William Basinski - A Shadow in Time
Hack Makes Bad Album and No One is Surprised.

What next?

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Jangle_Bojangle/strm_a/boris/1
Send me a pic of your tears.

>I lost me job
Was it an Italian restaurant?

>F/i - Space Mantra
This album was like a mix of the spaced out alien electronic stuff on clusters first two records mixed with heavy stoner rock riffs and tied together with sections of wall of sound noise. Underneath all of the noise there was a very subdued low frequency guitar riff that seemed to permeate through the whole album which would slowly morph the noise focused tracks into more recognizable riffs. The coolest part for me was how every so often you would hear guitar riffs "fight" their way out of the sea of noise before being swallowed up again. This whole album sounds like its being played out of a broken speaker because even the vocal samples are twisted and distorted and it's hard to tell whether or not a guitar is making the sound or it's something else. This album isn't without it's flaws. Some of the songs go on too long without any meaningful change in the texture of the sound and a couple of tracks fade out before making any worthwhile statement, but i can look past that because the whole package is so badass.
7/10

In terms of tracking down this release, the version i listened to was actually a compilation containing the stuff off their Space Mantra album plus 5 tracks from a split album they did two years earlier. Those tracks fit in seamlessly and have some killer stuff on them so i'd definitely recommend the compilation version.

Webern fucking rules
this is what i've been listening to this month

It was an Australiana kitche diner type gig

Saw Milo live last night
fucking incredible show, honestly one of the best I've ever been to
His stage banter was tops and he was funny as shit. He played some new instrumentals and danced to them, god damn he's got some fucking moves tho.

Also he workshopped a bunch of new shit.
Played this song with a bird call samples that was fucking insane, never heard him go harder than on that track. hype for new material

Talked to him after the show but was way too starstruck and ended up sperging out, not my finest moment

then went and got drunk and watched an extremely goofy movie for like the 5th time in 6 months

/blog

how was your day /daily/?

Flying Lotus - Los Angeles

>Wonky, IDM

Los Angeles is a strange album. It has plenty of energetic, crackling beats, but at the same time is often relaxing, gentle. It's pieces are static, but at the same time densely layered and fluid. And yet, Los Angeles can feel like a blur for a pretty big chunk of its runtime. Not in that it's so good it goes by very quickly, but in that it's udually unremarkable and sometimes underwhelming. Still, not that bad of a blur.

>3/5

rateyourmusic.com/list/FollowingLeader/daily/

Pretty good so far. Got drunk last night, woke up at 1pm today and ate a sandwich.

Been applying to internships and listening to pic related which is surprisingly interesting for a Sup Forums made album.

but you ARE a newbie dude

why do yall never get on the plug :(

do Astigmatic

i don't get on the plug
i AM the plug

Nice, sounds like a great show.

>got drunk and watched an extremely goofy movie for like the 5th time in 6 months

Fucking classic. Funny you say that, I always tried to convince my old roommate to watch it when he got drunk and he never made it more than halfway through :/ Still disappointed in him for that

I've been doing nothing, just setting up a letterboxd account. Anyone else have one?

>Tasuro Yamashita - For You
>City Pop

Was making this as cheesy as possible part of his plan? As my first real exposure to City Pop outside of sampling, I am bit unsure of how I feel about this. The bombastic intro track is undeniably great in its own shamelessly corporate way, but after that it's mostly downhill with a couple bumps that get your attention back. It's a big album; I think you could cut out around half of it for an overall more cohesive experience. 50 minutes of broken English lyrics about love on top of corny sax and funky bass gets a bit old no matter how endearing it is.

>Siekiera - Nowa Aleksandrai
>Coldwave, Post-Punk

This album has a very distinct vibe that sets it apart from most Coldwave albums I've heard; instead of slow and lethargic depression, Siekiera is much more in touch with its punk roots and uses the chilling synth to add a mechanical layer to some very angular post-punk. My biggest issue is that the album's mixing is very poor (though that might just be a problem with the version I have?), resulting in the drums basically drowning out every other part of the song; you can barely hear the bass and synthesizer in some parts, which are pretty essential parts of a Coldwave release. And I think the abundance of instrumentals are a bit of a missed opportunity, as the vocals really add to the frigid and desperate feeling. Regardless, this is the kind of album all those Danish scenesters dream of making.

What next?

>mixing is very poor
that may just be your version
I don't recall the mix being that bad

Doopees - Doopee Time (1995)
>art pop

For something I only found out about because it's basically a meme, this is real good. It's a 75-minute long concept album into the life and times of the Doopees, from what I could gather, and even though the concept is very scarcely followed, the spoken word interludes and the sections of the album that focus more on the story are really cool, and super inventive. A lot of samples are used, most prominently from older TV shows and songs about love, and the instrumentals recorded exclusively for the album are nice as well, especially that steel drum track. The vocals get on my nerves terribly, though, and a lot of the longer tracks are total slogs, but I really like this.

3.0+

alright 7 is an acceptable score. and you're right, the quality of the actual music doesn't matter, i'll always fuckin' dig that memphis sound.

>Played this song with a bird call samples
H Y P E

>Played this song with a bird call samples
So patrish it hurts

>The vocals get on my nerves terribly, though, and a lot of the longer tracks are total slogs
Only correct part

Do Hum Dono
...and delete the fucking OKeh comp already before I go postal ;-;

>cute Mitchell wannabe
ok first of all vashti was releasing music years before mitchell have you EVEN HEARD her 1966 masterpiece train song baka, secondly that album was written before mitchell's breakthrough album clouds, thirdly the first song is not even the best song on the album so FUCk your shitty first impression color me triggered

y u gotta b like that

it b over proper

^fug u

>both my suggestions so far got 5s

Loving it so far

aproved

what are your thoughts on the band Pig Destroyer

But the lowest score there is a 6

Considering it's used in the context of pejorative slang rather than referring to cute, innocent pink oinking cuddly-wuddly's, I have no issues.

Hype for the jazz, do Ornette Coleman!

Whoops, meant to reply to

Got it

Forgot my trip what the fuck am I doing

For You isn't really anything mind-blowing, but holy shit that first track

Glad to see you enjoyed Siekiera, but I'd have to agree w/ Triangle. I've never really had any problems with the mixing.

otay

first song is the only good one sorry ;p

:(

that just means you have good taste

Lotte > Sucy >>> Akko

only the character design is good desu

Several wrong opinions here, log off

u had 1 job

Which one?

no rose hip november is the best one listen to it again you little shit vashti is life

let it die

Sun Ra- Space is the Place

basically, if mr. saturn from earthbound made jazz
DOING! DOING! SPACE IS THE PLACE! ZOOM!
side a > side b

War Master- pyramid of the necropolis
featuring Insect Warfare's vocalist, Rahi Geramifar (and possibly drummer Dobber, cant find for sure), Pyramid is a pretty straightforward album. Death Metal with some grind influences, this would be really good to hear if you were into metal, but don't really get grind. some cheesy sounding guitar solos, but Rahi's vocals are stellar.

Come to plug

k

AGF - Head Slash Bauch (2002)
>glitch

Pretty forgettable glitch. The vocal tracks here are a bit of a double-edged sword because they're at the same time the album's most interesting tracks but also the least enjoyable. They're full of good ideas, but they're executed poorly, making for something much more irritating than interesting. The straight-up glitch tracks, on the other hand, are very reliably good and well-done, they're just uninteresting, and tracks in that style have been done better on hundreds of other records. Listen if you're a big glitch fan, but you'll probably be left a bit cold.

2.0+

The J.B.'s - Doing It to Death (1973)
>funk

I can see why these tracks were released under the name of James Brown's backing band rather than the name of the master himself, because these aren't exactly top drawer grooves. "Sucker"'s take on jazz-funk is cool, and I'll always love "La Di Da La Di Day", but nothing else here really sticks out. There's a lot of introductory stuff on most of these tracks that don't go anywhere, and most tracks drag on for too long. Still a fine album, but for James Brown completionists only.

2.5+

Hmm...

We movin'

>I used to think Otis Redding was a girl btw bc the cover for otis blue is a blone woman
I'M NOT ALONE

>okay, a lot corny

Nooooo :/ Does that mean I'm out already?

Is corn bad?

I'm not sure desu.

>this sounds like it was made to be as bad as possible
alright i think i'm in

Idk, I assumed corny was used in a negative way there. I'm cool with corny.

And I'm assuming you'll just wait until you've heard all the albums to make your decision?

>And I'm assuming you'll just wait until you've heard all the albums to make your decision?
Yes, will be re-listening to a few before deciding on winners.

>alright i think i'm in
...you might be...

yea idg what's the fuss with that fire engines record either, it's pop group but actually bad %]

>...you might be...
oh boy is this a bamboozle tourney i'm hyped

>oh boy is this a bamboozle tourney i'm hyped
No not at all, it's totally normal!

>Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
>Avant-Garde Jazz

I'm a bit perplexed by this Ornette Coleman album; I feel like I haven't heard nearly enough jazz from before or after to really appreciate it. I can definitely tell that it spun some heads back in 1959, though.

I'll abstain from further judgement until I'm a bit more comfortable with jazz as a whole.

What next?

flipper

Various Artists - Cowboy Bebop (1998)
>television music, jazz, bebop

I've seen very little of the actual Cowboy Bebop anime, but I'm really digging the soundtrack. I already know and love a few other of Yoko Kanno's soundtracks, but she's really outdone herself here. The music here is a wonderful mixture of jazz, blues, ambient, and a bunch of other genres all tied together by this very earthy, desert-like aesthetic. It's a very down-to-earth album in all the best ways. Despite this, I really despise the track with the singer, the aesthetic wears a bit thin by the end, and the best track is almost certainly the opener, which hurts the rest of the album, but barring these flaws this is awesome.

3.0+

>No not at all, it's totally normal!
:^)

do sondre lerche soon

I rec'd Coleman because its a good primer to free jazz; you might not want to do anything to the right of that album until you're comfortable with that one.

Now do Ayler.

I'm getting mixed messages here.

see

lambchop- mr. m
pleasant but not particularly interesting. starting to regret putting 5 lambchop records on here. Nixon is still best.

get hype: rateyourmusic.com/list/_natkingcole_/ranking-2017/

Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound (2017)
>indie rock

I know for a fact that these guys can be a damn good band when they want to be, because "Wasted Days" is one of the best songs of the decade, but they keep squandering their potential so damn much. I thought Here or Nowhere Else was pretty lousy, but this is on another level of crap. I almost get nostalgic feelings listening to it because it sounds just like the pop punk that was on Radio Disney when I was in kindergarten, which is definitely not a compliment. Dylan Baldi's vocals have lost all grit and passion, the melodies are lousy, and it's altogether just a really forgettable, bland, and downright awful album. Shows some slight potential in literally the last minute of its runtime, but that's probably the only praise I can give to this disappointment.

Some more great stuff on here!

Luciano Cilio - Dialoghi del Presente
>Modern Classical, Post-Minimalist

I’ve already heard this twice and I’m working on a third listen - and I’m not really sure what to say. It’s a nice mellow listen, with incredibly sparse instrumentation and a very lonely feel. Equal parts gorgeous and depressing, leading to a great listen. There’s plenty of violins, piano, eerie vocals and cool guitar. There’s even a little bit of a subtle electronic influence, with the choral vocals shifting in these weird little passages on track one. The second track has almost tribal drumming and a couple of flutes (?). All throughout, the atmosphere is incredible, with a barren, almost mystical feel.

I’m not quite sure how to describe this but it’s pretty great.

4/5

Rashad Ali & Frank Lowe - Duo Exchange
>Free Jazz

Very similar concept as Interstellar Space - just a drummer and a sax jamming the fuck out, however they want. They shred through really tight, upbeat passages for the most part, but sometimes drift into mellower sections. It’s all obviously improved and free as Lowe shifts between more normal passages and more atonal squeaks, honks and squeals. Ali is still a hell of a drummer and some of his solos are just unreal. It’s neat to hear them work back and forth and get into an occasional grove and then break it down again. Even though it isn’t the most original idea, it certainly feels unique and is shockingly entertaining.

Luckily, it’s less than half an hour - because any more would be overboard. Consistently great.

4/5

oh boy you gotta hold out til is a woman. OH is their best though, y'ever heard it?

oh christ, this neil cicierega. the mambo no. 5/revolution 9 mashup is killing me.

awesome! thank jangle for cilio, i only got that from droning him.

Neil Cicierega - Mouth Moods (2017)
>mashup

Undeniable. I've liked both of Cicierega's other Mouth albums but he's really outdone himself here. The production here is really outstanding, every mashup fits perfectly and he does enough with every song he uses to make them seem new, fresh, and funny, most importantly. The very straightforward mashups are great, of course, like "A Thousand Miles" with "Back in Black" and "Bodies" with "Popcorn", but the more inventive, sample-heavy tracks are great. The opener, which combines about fifteen different artists, is a legitimately wonderful and danceable pop tune, and "Annoyed Grunt" is really just something else, replacing the gun noises in "Paper Planes" is shockingly inspired. The interludes are good as well, "Shady Interlude" and the mashup of "Mambo No. 5" and "Revolution 9" in particular. Some tracks towards the end fall flat, especially the "All Star" and "Under Pressure" mashup, and it's definitely too long and overwhelming, but this is a really inventive, fun, and funny album. And "T.I.M.E." is extraordinary, my god.

3.0-

>the mashup of "Mambo No. 5" and "Revolution 9"
shit had me dying. I need to give this another proper listen.