Alrighty, Sup Forums. It's time for me to choose a language to study in college...

Alrighty, Sup Forums. It's time for me to choose a language to study in college, but this board has memed my ability to rationally evaluate my options. What's the best language to learn for someone fairly competent and somewhat familiar with language? My school offers Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

>inb4 iberiacucks and weeaboos

What if I have no intentions of going to college?

German, Spanish, Japanese

Depends what you're looking for.
The most useful rankings being
Chinese > Spanish > German > Japanese > Russian > Korean
(in a business environment)
Ease to learn:
Spanish = German > Russian > Japanese = Chinese = Korean
Usefulness in social situations:
Spanish > Chinese > ?

German should be easy to learn as quite a few words are similar and therefore are easy to remember.
Well at least it was the case for me when learning English.

I'm personally learning Japanese and I can tell you it's fucking hard like really absolutely fucking your brain hard.
Only do that if you are interested in Japanese culture and media.

Spanish seems easy as well.

Chinese seems rather hard but useful for business reasons.

Also why do you need to learn a new language in the first place if I may ask?

If you're going to stay in the States for most of your life, Spanish. To a lesser extend, German or French.

If you're doing international stuff, Spanish or French for ex-colonial areas, Russian for Eastern Europe and North Asia.

Japanese is for niche regions of Asia plus Japan (duh). It's a somewhat limited language to employ, but it's broader in its applications than Korean. Japanese also has better academic presence than Korean or Chinese in the West. Korean is too specific to its peninsula to be useful except to those who actually live there, use Korean shipping or computer manufacturers, or are major Kboos.

>it's fucking hard

no

Yeah no fuck off.

>no
*Record Scratch

Id say
Chinese=Spanish>Japanese=Korean=German>Russian

usefulness or difficulty?
looks like usefulness for me

>Korean useful
I used to train taekwondo and my sensei knew Korean. He also lived there for sometime and I 'member how he once said that he never had the chance to practice Korean outside of Korea. You'd have better luck with French. You could at least enjoy your Africa fever if you learn it.

Isn't College and Uni the time you learn your third or fourth foreign language?

Chinese

Come to /sino/

DEUTSCH

It can be if you learned a language in high school

Learn Spanish.

well, I have come to conclusion that the only 3 relevant languages currently in the world are English, Mandarin and Russian.

seeing how you already speak english, I'd say mandarin or russian.

DO NOT learn german, japanese or korean. maybe spanish, I heard americans can really benefit from that.

Russian isn't relevant m9.
Their economy is smaller than that of even South Korea. The combined GDP of Spanish speaking south and central America (so Brazil excluded) is more than 5 times Russia's GDP, and due to international relations and proximity is much more likely to be relevant to an American.

if dubs op learns Swahili.

if trips OPs mom dies unless he learns Swahili and then sings the intro to the lion king to her before the next full moon.