/bloop/

The thread for electronic music not intended to make you dance or to be played in the club.

youtube.com/watch?v=t8042-iFRNo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIu2nAnOKZw
youtube.com/watch?v=VdAlmkRWTys
youtube.com/watch?v=uxBE9U5ZlwY
youtube.com/watch?v=ETo58bZt8mE&t=2293s
youtube.com/watch?v=ix4-4UEEdF8
soundcloud.com/poetryrevival/vanadium-brood-ma-oxidiation-fix
youtube.com/watch?v=IKCPATqf4Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=e3Mf85pGTw8
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/copy
youtube.com/watch?v=AAxm60KLhmk
soundcloud.com/stoscha/sets/dille
youtube.com/watch?v=Kgt-D3tFMaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=748dKZ3Nee0
youtube.com/watch?v=XBUX6qQtvxA
youtube.com/watch?v=wIo6T1VMwm8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3d7AvrEFo
youtube.com/watch?v=NKMfqn1ABDA
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ96WTlhJ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=iL01DG1PC6k
youtube.com/watch?v=S4nIpb4j2zc
aphextwin(dot)nu/images/interviewsarticles/afx_interview_by_heiko.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=b4ptcfPNO3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pFSelvCtObM
youtube.com/watch?v=sHkdH294UAc
youtube.com/watch?v=XIKb_RiAv6g
youtube.com/watch?v=O_Vt43hHQw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post-internet trash belong in /blip/

what the fuck are you talking about?

make a /blip/ thread then

It's hard enough to get any of these threads going without fragmenting them further

best electronic album of all time

It's hard enough to keep bloop alive.

i blame the rock plebs polluting this board with anti-digital hatred

nah this is youtube.com/watch?v=qIu2nAnOKZw

Have faith guys, when I made a /bloop/ thread a month or two ago, they'd always disappear with max. 5 replies. it's definitely going the right way

youtube.com/watch?v=VdAlmkRWTys
youtube.com/watch?v=uxBE9U5ZlwY
youtube.com/watch?v=ETo58bZt8mE&t=2293s
youtube.com/watch?v=ix4-4UEEdF8

I listened to Elseq 1 the other day. I'm not very familiar with Autechre's discography after the first two, but I really liked it. Obviously I'm going to listen to the other parts, but what other Autechre releases should I try then? Confield? Exai?

soundcloud.com/poetryrevival/vanadium-brood-ma-oxidiation-fix

Is ambient music /bloop/

yeah sure

amber

anybody know what electronic scene dean is ripping off here?youtube.com/watch?v=IKCPATqf4Ws

I already listened to Incunabula and Amber, but I'd like to delve more into their complex/abstract stuff, like on Elseq 1.

I used to be pretty into that sort of stuff back when I browsed idmforums
youtube.com/watch?v=e3Mf85pGTw8

Oversteps
Quaristice
Untilted
the list goes on

Are there any bloopers here? I made some bloop once.

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/copy

let's keep self-promotion in the bandcamp and soundcloud threads shall we

How about no

damn this is good thx m8

youtube.com/watch?v=AAxm60KLhmk
i know lots of ppl hate this album because of the amen break abuse but I love it. highly underrated around Sup Forums

thanks, which of their post-confield are the best (including confield)?

Oversteps and Draft 7.30 IMO but make up your own mind ofc

am i the only one who thought that demon city by elysia crampton was extremely disappointing?

yeah it sucked ass. the mixes she put on sound cloud are much better

why is Klaus Schulze so good

BLIP

DEAD

yep. a shame, because i liked american drift

soundcloud.com/stoscha/sets/dille

this new ep/comp from stoscha, a swedish label, is really fucking good, though

Confield > Draft 7.30
Definitely their two best albums though so I respect your opinion
Favorite track? Mine is probably 6IE.CR

I'm 3 songs into Confield, it's my first listen ever. I'm really surprised how easy it is to enjoy, this is the kind of music I'd like to listen to. I thought it'd be... i don't know, more complex, less easy to listen.

Really liking it so far.

Only thing of his that I really like is this
youtube.com/watch?v=Kgt-D3tFMaQ

guys how do I Ableton?

yea I never understood why people say ae are so difficult to get into either

just make field recordings instead

yeah i was a little disappointed too.

although if you havent heard it yet, dissolution was an absolute masterpiece.

here's my input:

youtube.com/watch?v=748dKZ3Nee0

In that case, listen to Draft next. It's their most experimental in a rhythmic complex sense.

It's unbelievable the whole way through, especially with the last three. Have fun with it, user!

I hated Confield the first time I listened to it and now it's one of my favorite albums (and ae are one of my favorite groups). When I listened to it the only real background I had with that era of IDM was Aphex and BoC though.

I need to listen to Draft more desu, I really dig it but I don't spin it as often as I do some of their other stuff.

The trilogy of Confield > Draft > Untilted is where they peaked imo

I mean it doesn't even seem more "extreme" (in lack of a better word) than the AFX drill and bass-stuff that I've heard

I think I've heard it, but I don't remember it, will definitely listen to it again

I will, it's the one I was thinking of listening to next based on the artwork and what people said in this thread and elsewhere

I am!

How is Aphex Twins more "complex" stuff compared to Autechre's? As far as I've understood, Drukqs is Aphex' hardest work to listen to. Is that in any way similar to Confield?

not him but i don't consider drukqs hard. its just the tracklist is all over the place that it never gives you a set mood throughout. when it dropped lots of ppl kept making their own tracklist

Post music

youtube.com/watch?v=XBUX6qQtvxA

looking for more bloops with early 90's sci-fi aesthetic.

Like said drukqs is "difficult" less because of the tracks and more because it's so all over the place and changes styles a lot. The best three-song streak on the album is a beautiful little piano piece (Avril 14th) sandwiched in between two of the most blistering tracks in his discog. Whereas Confield is challenging but pretty much consistent all the way through.

I loved it immediately but I see it as kind of a love-it-or-hate-it album. If you're open-minded and you buy into the concept you'll probably really enjoy it.

This album may be something you'd enjoy. Should be a Sup Forums essential for this type of music imo:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIo6T1VMwm8

Ah okay, thanks guys. It's about time I delve more into IDM

How did you people think the Elseqs compared to Autechre's other stuff? I was very happy with what I heard on Elseq 1

I love this one, his later stuff is also worth a listen

youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3d7AvrEFo

Not even a minute in and already digging it. Thanks for the rec.

It's definitely gonna be a while before I can wrap my head around elseq (I don't really register the different parts as different albums) but just based on one listen I really love it. Not the most consistent thing they've ever put out but it sounds pretty removed from anything they've put out and the way the songs evolve is insane.

It boggles my mind that after 20+ years Autechre are still finding new places and new sounds to explore.

Also reminds me of pic related with the hip hop sampling.

youtube.com/watch?v=NKMfqn1ABDA

what can you guys tell me about flashcore

youtube.com/watch?v=XQ96WTlhJ8I

Not sure if it's considered IDM, but shit I love Actress' RIP. The sounds used on it are just too cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=iL01DG1PC6k

Also would Machinedrum's Rooms be considered /bloop/ considering that even though it's "footwork" it's more like a Burial-esque take on the sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=S4nIpb4j2zc
>when it dropped lots of ppl kept making their own tracklist
That was the whole point. Drukqs was released right when music was finally gettin divided into individual files, so Richard wanted people to listen to the tracks, and then take the ones they liked and put them into whatever order they personally enjoy it in.

aphextwin(dot)nu/images/interviewsarticles/afx_interview_by_heiko.pdf

Page 4, left side. He talks about it, and even says that going through it beginning to end in one go is ridiculous.

elseq is also similar to Drukqs but taken to the next level in terms of the "pick the tracks you like and make a playlist of them in the order you like to listen to them", going so far as to only releasing it in digital format.

can't listen to it for some reason

i'll find it later

more early 90's tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=b4ptcfPNO3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pFSelvCtObM
youtube.com/watch?v=sHkdH294UAc

>He talks about it, and even says that going through it beginning to end in one go is ridiculous.
guess im a madman then haha. fav release from him and still haven't bother to edit the tracklist

/bloop/ isn't just for IDM

variance is such a nice album

Is Basic Channel more /bleep/ or /bloop/?

What's some essential Zoviet France?

need some new names in idem/experimental whatever like qorbeus, Hvad, heorge garrison & etc

b l e e p

transcends the limitation of /bleep/ and /bloop/

bloop for sure
/bleep/ is just shitty edm

first four albums and 7.30 definitely, exai too

Dub techno is definitely bleep

No band has a more diverse fanbase than Autechre. There is no decided best or worst albums.

It's completely normal to see someone say how Quaristice is a stain on their career and another say how Quaristice is by far their best. But in my opinion, it's all pretty good or excellent.

>It's completely normal to see someone say how Quaristice is a stain on their career and another be completely wrong
ftfy*
Seriously though it is pretty cool that over 12 albums they all have something different to offer and they're all at least similar in quality. Plus seeing people hype up albums like Chiastic Slide makes me want to go back and check out what I missed the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIKb_RiAv6g
is this bleep or bloop??

What genre is this?
Does it count as ambient, industrial, something else?

youtube.com/watch?v=O_Vt43hHQw0

i believe this genre is called "trash" if I'm not mistaken.

bloop
the beats are too chaotic to dance on it
IMHO

bloop

>but what other Autechre releases should I try

Listen to everything