Sing to God
Remnants Of A Deeper Purity
Endtroducing

are all strong contenders.

I got twooo versions

Damn Oasis just played to 250,000 people at Knebworth

fpbp

fishmans - long season

Wow what a steaming pile of shit. I literally cringed throughout the entire album. I hope Rivers Cuomo goes into to hiding and never makes music again, fuck that weeaboo nerd.

1996 was the best year of music.

GOT A DEVIL'S HAIRCUT IN MY MIND

why is pinkerton Sup Forumscore again? it's such a shitty album.
>that part where they have to stop playing on across the sea because rivers had a pair of pantsu on his head while singing and tripped and fell over pat's drum set and they had to set it up again but kept recording but only until they finish seting up the drums again
>that part where matt's E string snaps on why bother and rivers whips his cock out and tells him to strum that instead, all the while matt is repeating the last word of rivers' sentences one octave higher
>that part in getchoo where brian stops playing cause he wants to go to mcdonalds so rivers brings the mic and when they get there he records the mexican working the drivethru saying "wha can i getchoo" and as soon as that last word is out he goes "AHUH" real loud and just keeps doing it for like 15 minutes until brian decides he wants a big mac with no pickles and a shamrock shake but it's july and they don't have them and the total is $1.45 and just after they leave matt says he wants a medium fries and asks to go back but rivers won't say yes or no he just repeats whatever matt says but in a much higher pitch voice and in an extremely racist chinese accent
>that part where rivers is sampling the evangelion theme on el scorcho but it's really fucking loud and you can hear his mom open the basement door and yell it him to turn it down but like really far back into the mix because it's just so fucking loud so eventually instead of arguing with her he just starts singing along so you hear "rivers you fucking faggot turn that crap down" interwoven with "hotobashiru atsui patosu de omoide wo uragiru nara"
>that part in butterfly where brian rips a really long fart and he and pat are giggling about it in the background and rivers pretends not to hear them but he's getting annoyed that they're distracting him and you can hear him getting progressively more peeved as the song goes on
who can listen to this garbage unironically????

It isn't an album but I get what you are saying.

Exactly. It's Odelay. Case closed.

Yo this is crazy and weird and random but I love it

1. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Night Song
2. Mestre Ambrósio - Mestre Ambrósio
3. Ida - I Know About You
4. Têtes raides - Le Bout de Toit
5. Steve Roach, Stephen Kent & Kenneth Newby - Halcyon Days
6. Masada - Zayin
7. Oumou Sangare - Worotan
8. Paulinho da Viola - Bebadosamba
9. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
10. Cheikh Lô - Ne La Thiass

What's it like being this pretentious? Did you think you would impress us with your le obscure world music? Nice job with the subtle dig putting DJ Shadow ninth. How about your kill yourself, eh?

I've never seen someone so upset about someone else's taste. You should listen to one of the albums he posted, you might like them.

Why bother? I've probably heard all of them blasting through the speakers at the local "organic" food store.

is this bait or are you really this closeminded?

"World" music is a meme propagated by people so that they can pretend at having diverse taste. There's a reason pop and rock are both more widely known and performed in almost every continent.

Hint; it's because it's actually good.

so you really are just closeminded huh
ok, glad to know that people on the music board have such toxic views on music

>WHYYYYYYYYY ARE YOU SO FAAAR AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sod off. You're part of the problem. You probably heard Damon Albarn and Peter Gabriel were into "world" music and stepped into line.

Answer me this, tough guy, why haven't any of those regional styles taken off outside their countries but blues and hip hop and other regional music of the west is created all over the world?

1-2-3-4-5

daily reminder that proliferation doesn't imply quality my man

Because the mainstream enjoys trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

neocolonialism. control of foreign markets and subsequently culture by capitalist superpowers (cough the US cough)

New Wu Tang when?

If you're going to argue that influence and quality have no correlation this is going to be easier than I thought.

Oh, you're one of those, huh? Enjoy stacking up obscurity points, dumbass. I'll be over here actually enjoying the music I listen to.

Isn't there an Ab-Soul album you could be writing a thesis about right now? Go! Go! The YouTube Comments section needs you!

>Ida - I Know About You
this is sweet

none of these statements are arguments

Why are you bothering with him? Either he's desperately bored and looking to start something or he's a dyed-in-the-wool retard who got triggered by a fucking top ten list.

fair enough

Just because you claim something isn't an argument, doesn't make it true.

Aw... look at you trying to undermine my opinion so you can live with yourself. Cute. :)

I mean, you don't argue with people to try to convince them of anything. What a shit goal, never accomplishable. He seems passionate about something, and maybe with the right pokes and prods you can find out how another person works. Isn't that good enough?

you're too pure for this website

He seems passionate about winning, aiming to understand someone with that intent on an anonymous message board is pointless

>Endtroducing
>Ænima
>Pinkerton
>Soundtracks For The Blind
>ATLiens
>Odelay
>All Eyez On Me
>If You're Feeling Sinister
>Filosofem
>Through Silver In Blood

Yeah real obvious what AOTY is

>le epic sampling album
No.

>le epic
>not l'epic
if you're gonna bastardize french do it right.

GODDAMN

I'm not going to look it up but I'm pretty sure Dystopia dropped Human=Garbage and Acid Bath released When the kite string pops.

you guys think bjrok will like my face paint?

My personal favorite from this year.
youtu.be/ilj_5pxCTQI

Can Green Day top Insomniac?
Can Alanys Morrisette ever top Jagged Little Pill?
Can Four Non Blondes ever top What's Up?
And what's happening with Blind Lemon?

Who has the better bars? Starang, Top Dog or Louieville?

i miss them Sup Forums........................

ahhahaha MEME

Every time I see this I read it all, laug and pretend it's true.

This is not amusing in the slightest even as ironic shitposting. It's just plain ignorance.

Another fucker from the school of thought that conflates "le diversity" with having actual quality taste, as if exercising common sense and critical thinking were bad traits all of a sudden. Sure, enjoy your African guitar noodling and banshee wailing and pretend to like it moron, you gotta admit the guy that posted that top ten was doing it for the cred.

You are all fucking idiots

I know OP.
I also liked a lot Endtroducing.... a lot, did you guys listened to it?
And damn, Swans' Soundtracks for the Blind is REALLY good!

weezer is boring alt shit