I unironically think this is his best work

I unironically think this is his best work

why ironically?

It is

Sup Forums doesn't understand how irony works.

this but ironically

Because it is his best work

No it isn't.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > The College Dropout > Graduation > Yeezus > The Life of Pablo > Late Registration > 808s & Heartbreak > Watch the Throne

This is objectively true.

>why ironically?

same desu

noooooooooo

Yeezus = MBDTF > LR = 808 > TLOP > CD > Graduation > WTT

Same.

If Yeezus and 808s aren't the worst Kanye albums on your list you are trying too hard. May as well put Pablo Honey as your favorite Radiohead. Le epic alternative taste xD too deep for the plebs Xd

>""""Objectively"""""
>LR that low

Ok sport...

Yeezus is Kanye's best effort, musically. The lyrics are mediocre, but there's so much artistic vision behind it.

The rest of his discography is more "rapper"-esque, but honestly Kanye is a mediocre rapper. His talent is as a hip-hop artist, and his best work (MBDTF) is a masterpiece because of that, not because of his rapping or hamfisted attempts at "morals".

I find Yeezus to be too sloppy and not that optimized. Too much focus on getting as many different artists to put all their unique sounds in one album rather than putting those sounds together well. That's unfortunately been the problem with both Yeezus and TLOP. With MBDTF, Kanye kinda added this new dimension of hip hop in terms of production, one that makes it even that much closer to a film director. Like how a director has to use various actors, scripts, cameramen, etc. to help a work come into existence, Kanye has to use various different things made by a variety of composers and producers and find a way to put it all together. But the thing is, it appears that he hasn't put as much work into making that happen on Yeezus and TLOP as he has on MBDTF. This is why even though Yeezus and TLOP have some great ideas thanks to the talented group of people making the sounds for Kanye, it's ultimately on Kanye that they don't come together as well as they can. It's really tough to have all these things come together, so it's also understandable why such an approach doesn't always lead to successful results. But it also doesn't come to no surprise that the most successful attempt at this approach was one where Kanye spent the most time working on the music, being completely invisible from the public eye (MBDTF), dedicating far more time to having everything come together.

The only records he has that are "rapper"-esque are the first two though, which, along with how dated their mixing/mastering sounds, is why I don't prefer them all that much outside some classic songs.

With you on that

yeezus > tlop > college dropout > mbdtf > late registration > 808s > graduation > watch the throne

ignore all other opinions

>The College Dropout > MBDTF > Late Registration > 808s > Graduation > Yeezus > TLOP

TLOP could have been amazing if it wasn't such a clusterfuck of great parts and terrible parts

Yeezus feels like he's trying way too hard to do something different/experimental, but it ends up sounding like a No Love Deep Web ripoff with some catchier beats but painfully simple production. I get that that's kind of the appeal, but each of the beats sounds like it could be made in Ableton in a single afternoon with the stock sounds. Plus it's one of Kanye's worst lyrically and thematically.

The College Dropout is Kanye back before his ego was fed too much. I get more of an appreciation for The College Dropout every year that Kanye strays further and further from his roots. It's the nervous, dedicated kid who worked at the Gap trying to make it in the rap industry contrasted with the insane, borderline bipolar megalomaniac that he's become. There's something charming and real about it. Plus, it's easily got the most of my favorite songs in Kanye's entire discography: Family Business, Jesus Walks, Two Words, Through the Wire, All Falls Down, Spaceship, We Don't Care... I'm lucky if I find half as many songs on an album that I can listen to as many times as I did with almost every song on The College Dropout.

this is a mess

CD > yeezus > 808s > MBDTF > 808s > TLOP > Grad

the second 808s is supposed to be LR

MBDTF>Yeezus>CD>LR>808s>TLOP>Grad>WTT

MBDTF > TCD > 808s > Yeezus > Grad > TLOP > LR

Yeezus is his best conceptually but I don't really most of the second half of the album sonically.

quads nigga

Yeezus and 808s are the only Kanye West albums I care about. It's the opposite of trying too hard.

Ever since I heard Yeezus I've listened to it every time I go to the gym. Black Skinhead, New Slaves, I am a god, eating asian pussy all I need is sweet and sour sauce, fuck all these songs get me so pumped.

Outside of the gym the album is middling. Good to wake up to.

>I get that that's kind of the appeal, but each of the beats sounds like it could be made in Ableton in a single afternoon with the stock sounds.

It's honestly one of the sharpest and hard-hitting hip-hop albums I've ever heard. There's is nothing flimsy or half-assed about the production, the synths are almost uncomfortably angular and sharp and that's why I like it.

>Plus it's one of Kanye's worst lyrically and thematically.

Again, I disagree. It's one of hist most honest and visceral, lyrically and thematically. The facade is off, he's not trying to be cool anymore. If he wants to say "put my fist in her like a civil right sign" then he says it. It's uncomfortable and vulgar but honest and revealing at the same time. There is this uneasy and brooding quality to it, like there's something wrong, and there is.

I like the college dropout too but that album feels helplessly innocent in comparison. I guess ignorance is bliss for some people.

on sight is a mess. same with send it up. the second half of the song where he talks about beyonce is also trash. the rest is great, though.

why did Kanye have to put the screaming at the end of I am a God?

>on sight is a mess

No, that's a very powerful opener. One of the rawest Daft Punk productions ever, feels like some kind of Human After All throwback.

>send it up

It's a nice relief from all the madness. The most chill track on the album. It's still one of the weaker tracks along with Guilt Trip. Still fits the mood and narrative very well.

>the second half of the song where he talks about beyonce is also trash.

Did you seriously just call Blood on the Leaves trash?

Because being a God is stressful.

this guy knows

I love kanye but this is his worst album by far

would not listen to /10

Fuck off Fantano drone. Only normies hate Yeezus.

most internet thinks irony is the same as sarcasm

listen to the album while working out or exercising. Trust me dude. Just trust.

this has to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard

I guess that makes dragonforce and deadmau5 great music

this album is a masterpiece. fuck you normies, go suck fandango's dick. 808 my favourite now