in their current form, no

do you still build commieblocks?

Better than sleeping in a tent

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

fucking amazing and ultra-comfy. what's the alternative? autistic america-style 'houses' made from pressed cardboard, that you can literally TEAR APART by your bare hands?

like WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE to some form of commieblock, if you fucking enjoy living in the middle of the city, not 30-60 minutes away from relevant parts of the city ? ? ?

I used to live in a gated community of commie blocks, pretty comfy

harrowing, depressing
strangely comfy.

besides, living in commieblocks is ultra-convenient as well, you're likely to have ALL necessary services within 5-10 minutes, literally everything.

living in some sort of a cottage is fine, as long as it's actually made from SOLID MATERIALS, and you're only staying there for a month or two or less.

no, they were replaced with residential complexes

They mostly depend on the people living there and to some extent the contract setup.

Populated by responsible people who have to maintain their dwellings themselves, you get utopia.

As a rental dumpster project for the bottom of the barrel of humanity: hell.

You still have to build them properly. Nobody likes living on the bottom floor, so ideally you rent it to businesses. In a properly set up area, you quickly gain the population density needed to maintain local services from supermarkets to hospitals to restaurants and subway stations.

That's when it gets comfy.

it's still conceptually a commieblock, what gives?

Great idea. Cheap to build, comfy, grass and trees all around the place, shop and school are in one step away.

I'm sad for the guys who lives in the dark corner between buidings.

they're okay
i lived in both private house and commieblock apartment, didn't feel a big difference
the main advantage of owning a house that you also have own a piece of land, you can grow veggies and don't buy them in groceries

raze em

I find them interesting but not sure about living in one full time. I wonder what life is really like in one.

Comfy

Békásmegyer ain't that bad...

Comfy. I live in one.

Architecture-wise, they tend to look much better than contemporary buildings. Especially my neighbourhood has some pretty extraordinary architecture, and lots of landscaping to make it even comfier.

Pic related is where I live. Most people from Gothenburg will recognise it, but more than 2000 people live there, so it's not like I'm running any risk of doxing myself. It's built in the late fiftes (before Miljonprogrammet). It looks a bit different today, as some of the smaller buildings have been demolished and given way to newer ones. Essentially it still looks the same, though.

Any other apartment building.

You can have noisy neighbors, you can have awesome neighbors, you can get crazy deals from ISPs (my housing community cut the end-user cost by 90% by dealing with the ISP as a single unit, nothing changed for me except having one invoice less).

> pros
easier to clean up , cheaper, no need of car because it's closer to city center, upper floors truly comfy
> cons
shitty neighbours (noises, childrens, druggies, alcoholics and other scum)
old grannys and gas are very explosive compilation

I hate them and wish i had my own house

Hungarian trap?

I love it
What cunt has the best commie blocks?
berlin is one of my favorites desu

idk why but I love them

>What cunt has the best commie blocks?
China/Russia

That's fucking gorgeous. Does such a place really exist in Germany? Or is it somewhere else?

It's Ekaterinburg, Russia

Vladivostok

>China

>tfw even your country's #1 uni it's a commieblock

I wouldn't consider that a commieblock. Commieblocks are distinguished by their modernist architecture.

That building seems more like a really vulgar form of neo-classicism.

>R U S S I A W A V E . o g g
>feat. スタリン様

Look comfy desu. The open space surrounding them looks fun.

One of the "new" districts of my city.

I like the smaller building on the right. Comfy, old-school comfyblock.

The big tower in the middle is an abomination. Not comfy at all.

late 90s low-tier commieblocks are extremely badly built
You can hear your neighbours having a conversation in the apartment next to yours. I've been kept awake for months in a row, thanks to being an insecure kid who can't listen to grown men's voices and family arguments.
Fucking dogs are the worst.

>The big tower in the middle is an abomination. Not comfy at all.
I agree with that, simple commieblocks are more comfy

>that felling when your neighbor upstairs is powerdrilling the wall for 4 hours straight

The thing is, the older comfyblocks, being more modernist, tend to have more minimalistic aesthetics.

The newer ones are more pomo, and tend to have a lot of unneeded kitch and unnecessary details. It ruins them a lot.

Russian and European commie blocks can be pretty comfy since they understand the limits of packing too many people in an area I find that they're within the threshold of tolerance but Asian ones are literally cancer you're essentially living no better than rats.

I wouldn't mind living in one if it's in good condition in a decent neighbourhood.

A ran down shit heap in the middle of a ghetto? Call in the heavy artillery.

cmon man

synthwave is better for it at least

Do these count as commieblocks?

>Call in the heavy artillery
Why not call in a maintenance squad and a gardener?

The buildings in your pic have nice architecture, and the surrounding landscape is green and pretty. The area has a lot of potential.

Too elite but.. yes, my spanish friend.

>The area has a lot of potential.
If you don't mind the radioactive environment, absolutely.

>pripyat filename
Kurchatov, Russia.
The same architecture like in Pripyat, same NPP but not fucked up.

I don't see the appeal

It was already demolished a few years ago.

If I remember right the complex was built in the late 50's and fixing it would have cost more than starting over from scratch.

The city was built for workers near the Kursk NPP.

ugly and insecure as hell

Like them. Imagine - these houses full of qt Russian girls.

Bottom floor is for the elderly, if you give them the opportunity they like to make a little flower garden out of the little lawn in front of the block, it's very nice

It's actually FInland. Finns have a meme where they joke about their own commieblocks looking like Pripyat.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with Pripyat. Before its evacuaton, it was a considered a pretty comfy place to live, and many of the elite engineers in the USSR lived there when they worked in the power plant.

>tfw I won't be spending a comfy, snowing night in my nice heated commie block, drinking coffee, shitposting and then watching some anime

this

>nice heated commie block
Spotted the house owner.

>It's actually FInland. Finns have a meme where they joke about their own commieblocks looking like Pripyat.
Oh.

:^)

Spotted the southerner with poorfag service company

Muh dick.

exactly.

>minimalistic architecture, no unnecessary details
>simple, yet monumetal, like obelisks erected by ancient civilisations
>built with considerations for the surrounding landscape
>surrounded by green meadows where residents can bask in the sun

Meh, I want summer now :c

My commieblock is so well heated that I never ever have to turn on radiator in my room

romanian commieblocks are very miserable but brutalist architecture can lead to great commieblocks

Kek, that's not a commie block
My faculty is a fucking commie block

My commieblock is so well heated that I have to open windows when it is -20 outside

View from my kitchen

damn, those balkan sunscreens are comfy

View from my room

There's more snow now
(Mostly ice on which you can slip an crack your ead open)

Fuck, that's comfy. I love the sculpture. Back then, public art was meant to look nice, not to provoke with political messages.

Make public art great again!

H8 to burst your bubble but most of the students on the faculty are very left wing
Sunscreen?

Pic related looks disturbingly communist

>H8 to burst your bubble but most of the students on the faculty are very left wing
That doesn't have anything to do with the sculpture. The sculpture is clearly pretty old, probably as old as the building.

yeah, those things on windows, how are they called?

sculpture is probably about some communist liberators and therefore is leftist art.

New York

This is my uni.

Communism =/= Leftism

Communism is a modernist ideology, and ultimately propagates the end of captialism. Communism is the ideology of the working class.

Leftism is generally postmodern and and pro-capitalist. For them capitalism is ok as long as it respects gay rights. Leftism is generally adhered to by upper middle class juveniles.

t. working class communist who wants to set the terms straight

pic is the opposite of commieblocks IMO. All the buildings are different, most of them hold offices and not apartments, those which do probably house very rich people, and probably neither of those was built by the government or with government subsides.

American commieblocks are at the bottom desu. Bad floor planning, bad neighborhood planning, filled with ghetto crack dealing niggers, no commodities, no police.

>ywn live in a comfy little commieblock in the Soviet Union
>ywn relax after a day of studying Marxism-Leninism
>ywn share bants with your fellow workers

Looks like a clinic

Blinds?

Fucking sweden
I don't know what the sculpture represents, but am saying that it was built when communists built statues for communism, not just so it looks nice how thought

Happening here atm
Why do they do this aall the time

I would prefer a good commieblock over a private house. I just like high floor with a view on a park or forest.

I didn't necessarily mean that the sculpture was entirely apolitical. I just meant that it had a big decorative value, and wasn't just there to provoke.

It feels like most public art today is just huge sculptures of penises and vaginas symbolising "gay acceptance" or "sexual liberation". I'd choose the sculpture in your pic above that every day.

>looks like a clinic
It's nuclear research university in the center of Moscow with its own nuclear reactor actually.

The sheer number of air-con radiators...how large are the apartments?

Post Soviet architecture/art lads

>Sup Forums hates modern architecture because it's ugly full of concrete and everywhere looks the same
>Sup Forums loves commieblocks because they are comfy

better quality

Not a fan.I prefer a cozy wooden house.

Different parts of Sup Forums. The opponents to modern architecture usually avoid these threads.

Like my other conational said, Romanian commieblocks can be pretty depressing, mostly because of the lack of planning at the time of building. One cute example is represented by Mărăști in Cluj where we have a literal wall made of 11 story blocks glued to one another. No proper green space, though, since it's taken up by parking, blame the communists.
I still like the architecture and find them comfy.

I love that one cheeky balcony sticking out at the top.