Why do people hate Phil Collins again??

I heard he divorced his wife by fax, which is hilarious.

well he hated her so much he wrote a whole album about it so it makes sense
Phil created some of the worst pop garbage of the 80's and 90's, and considering how much talent he actually has both as a composer and an instrumentalist it is all the more horrible to see the shit he has become
with that said, most people just hate him because lmao xd phil collins sux, they probably don't even know Peter Gabriel was once the lead singer of Genesis

he is a great drummer.

I don't know. Invisible Touch is real good

to worlds 1 family

Ahh I see, all I heard from him was the Disney stuff and Sussudio. I'm too young to remember anything else.

>well he hated her so much he wrote a whole album about it so it makes sense
What album?

Face Value was anger about my shit wife: the album

I listen to his stuff sometimes, but never bother with a full album

>Face Value was anger about my shit wife: the album
Is it a GOOD album, though?
Cause that sounds fucking awesome.

>Phil created some of the worst pop garbage of the 80's and 90's
stopped reading there

Yeah, it's similar to Peter Gabriel's So in that it was Phil's entry to the pop scene and was still very solid and competently made, before he fell into shitty pop garbage just like Peter.

Yes songs like In the Air Tonight and I Missed Again are basically angry voice mails to his ex

phil collins is literally the most patrician pop musician of the 20th century

no other human being has been a part of art masterpieces with a distinguished and unique style of performance like his drumming on another green world or on two sides of peter banks or on moroccan roll while also having a hugely successful pop career and being a somewhat accomplished actor and being the frontman of a band simultaneous to a solo career and contributed to the soundtracks of two disney movies and a broadway show

all while having a record breaking collection of alamo stuff

It's not like you're missing out on something great. A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering are the albums worth listening to.

I don't understand why would he waste that voice on pop music. It's not like he hasn't made great non-pop albums in the past, but how much money can you possibly need?

He killed that little boy in 91

maybe he likes making pop music. sounds crazy i know

Well at least not as horrible as what Glenn Beck did to that girl the year before.

>maybe he likes making pop music. sounds crazy i know
Maybe he likes making money. Crazy I know. Come on, get real.

I think A Trick of the Tail was masterpiece. I don't really like Collins for how he wasted potential of Genesis, even after Gabriel's departure.
Also Tony Banks is a genius and I have no fucking idea why he stayed with Collins.

no im serious. he likes making pop music

The fact that he did Sussudio makes him ok in my book

He was a good drummer and singer. But most of his music is pretty bad. At least he seems like a nice person, or at least someone who doesn't take himself too seriously.

People hate Phil only because of his personal life and the pop shit he made in the late 80s and 90s. Apparently he was actually depressed because everyone fucking loathed him so much. But he was a great drummer, so much more than all those people who cum to "In The Air Tonight" give him credit for. He is actually a really good frontman/backing vocalist too, Trick of the Tail was really good, and Wind and Wuthering was good too. He has a lot of kickass moments vocally, on Ripples and Heathaze especially. Technically speaking, he was probably a better singer than Gabriel. He just made some poor career and life choices which is why he is so despised.

I'm a huge Banks fan too. Sure he kind of cucked Steve out, but he is a damn fine songwriter, probably the best lyricist too, I always found Phil and Mike's lines kind of fruity or weak. Plus he really is one of the most handsome musicians I've ever seen